xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: How To Use Configmagic  (Read 93 times)

6thSense

• Archived User
How To Use Configmagic
« on: February 11, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »

I recently got banned, so I have a couple questions.  I tried to read all the postings prior to so I don't get called a dumba**  on this posting.  Background info.  I installed a 120GB HD with Evov 2.6 and the xbit chip.  Got online, everything was kosher.  About a week later I get online and got banned.  Gave me this error stating that it could not connect to live.  Couldn't detect a HD....detected modified harddrive.  Some garbage like that.

So by this message, I assume I am banned.  Me being ignorant did not read all these banned forums prior to installing  :rotfl: .  After reading on the marriage theory and whatnot, it is starting to make sense.  And if I am interpreting what I read correctly (someone please correct me if I a wrong) I need to obtain a new eeprom as well as a new gamertag and a new hd.  And by this, I am also assuming that  I can not just pop my old retail HD in and work magic with a new eeprom/gt?  The serial number of the HD is probably tied in with the other goodies, huh?  I have a buddy who has a xbox who doesn't play online.  I am trying to get him to swap retail drives with me, and I would just have to pop in the retail one to play online (with a new gamertag and eeprom of course).

:huh: So this gets to my question (along with all the other sublingual confirmations I requested above).....how in the world do I work this config magic?  I went to http://www.team-assembly.com/downloads/ and downloaded everything.  Read the readme file.  Read postings.  I am lost.  I popped in my evox disk and went to backup and it created this backup file on my box.  When I FTP'd in, i saw this new folder which had my hd key as well as the eeprom bin.  But I just don't get it.  How does this work?  There are no executables or anything.  Do I just ftp config magic to a directory on my xbox or something?  Is the eeprom residing in a folder or something?

This post has been edited by 6thSense: Feb 11 2005, 08:23 PM

theman0521

• Archived User
How To Use Configmagic
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 03:11:00 PM »

It is simple,
 First : get another eeprom, they sell them in the forums here. I think it is buy?trade or something like that. You should pay about ten bucks and get it emailed to you.
 Second: you can get another hdd on ebay less than $20
 Third: put config magic on the xbox, unlock your hdd, all of them when you change the eeprom it will no longer have the same lock code. Now just transfer the new eeprom.bin file into I believe the data file in config magic. Load config magic and load the eeprom. Check the region and pal/ntsc to make sure they are the same and save.

Your don wasn't that easy.
Unfourtanately for you this is basically what the readme said and if you didn't understand that then you won't understand this. Read the readme again it is all there and it is pretty straight forward. If you can't understand it you probably shouldn't do it until you do or you will have a useless xbox.

6thSense

• Archived User
How To Use Configmagic
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(theman0521 @ Feb 11 2005, 10:17 PM)
Third: put config magic on the xbox.....
Unfourtanately for you this is basically what the readme said and if you didn't understand that then you won't understand this. Read the readme again it is all there and it is pretty straight forward. If you can't understand it you probably shouldn't do it until you do or you will have a useless xbox.

All that makes sense.  I am a tad bit more experienced that a newbie, but you know how it is sometimes.  You just need one thing to click for it to make sense.  Lemme trying to ask a different way.  I just have one direct question.  When you say put it on my xbox, where do I put it?  I FTP to my box, and just put the configmagic folder anywhere?  That is the part that is confusing me.  Do I create a folder on my xbox for configmagic, or put it in a folder (eg C, D, F).  And once it it on my xbox, how do you use?  There are no executables.

Has anyone wrote a tutorial on this.

petermac

• Archived User
How To Use Configmagic
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 07:40:00 PM »

I got your pm
hears the answer

Sure, i could help ya out i am in the middle of purchasing a new eeprom now, by the way-
This is the deal first-
Use flashxp to ftp configmagic folder to either the e dive or the f drive
next-
once you get configmagic on ur xbox hd there should be a folder inside configmagic labeled DATA, put the EEPROM  files you got from the other unbanned eeprom in the data folder via either ftp or copy/move on the xbox
-next
run configmagic, skip the video with the itailian music, then wait for it to load your eeprom ur led should flash orange, then press start and select unlock hard drive- wait, takes about 10 seconds
-next
press start and select load EEPROM for .bin file (which is the "configmagic\data"  folder) should show differnent serial number/ keys and etc.
next-
press start and select update xbox eeprom, wait, it should take about 10 secs
next-
press start and select lock hard drive

and thats it ur done