xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: What We Know (fact) And What We Dont  (Read 591 times)

-Gadget-

• Archived User
What We Know (fact) And What We Dont
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2004, 04:14:00 PM »

ok so that definatly rules out the PC as the problem ..
bit i do think its a connection problem u have here
and not a banned kinda problem ..

as in u have problems with that eepeom.. and thats why it is'nt connecting
(as in some kinda problem with the flashing, setting of it)
but as u have;nt got any other to check its hard to test..
you could put ya old eeprom back in and just ue the INFO from the new eeprom
(use livinfo PC prog to retrive info)
as its a shame to give up.. when all the tools are in plce ! a banned GT, a previousy bannd HDD thats now clean ..
etc etc )
have u checked ya disk.bin now (back up and look etc)

Mick ...  

Gumba

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »

We're beginning to see quite a few refutations for the Local Marriage Theory sad.gif

Which just tends to backup the original Marriage Theory

Oh well, I'd still like to see some tests with trying to upgrade from an unbanned HD to a bigger HD by doing a sector copy from one to the other smile.gif

So at this point, nothing has changed really. The only point in the Marriage Theory which has had some refutation is the insistance that a drive used in one xbox can't be used in another. I have seen posts from people saying that they have taken an unbanned drive (but not a virgin) from one xbox and used it in another successfully, which would imply that EEPROMs are cross-referenced, but not HDs.

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »

QUOTE (xionanx @ Nov 24 2004, 11:08 PM)
Ok, Purchased a brand new XBOX like I said I would and it is able to connect to live with absolutely no problems, so the PC configuration is fine.

There is no junk on C or E, since I never used them in the first place(had eveything on F) and the low level format would have taken care of any "saves" on E, also the entire install took place from a DVD, ie there is NO "illegal" code on the XBOX at all.

At this point in time, I'm resolved that my banned XBOX will never see Live again, and I'm more then willing to leave the pursuit of a solution in more capable hands.  I attempted this experiment becuase the research looked promising and I could do it cheaply.

I'm fairly confident now that the marriage flag isn't saved locally, and I believe that anyone with more expertise and resources then I would be able to come to the same conclusion by analyzing network traffic as "Legit" and "Banned" XBOX's attempt to communicate with Live.

I knew this day would come and I foresee more like them in the future as M$ gets more aggressive with thier detection techniques.  I'm sorry to leave everyone hanging like this, but as of this moment my XBOX Live problems are solved, I still have a modded XBOX for all the homebrew apps I want to use, and I still have my gamertag.  I am happy with this arrangement.

Hey man dont give up on that eeprom. Make sure that the eeprom you bought is for your specific xbox version (1.0-1.6) and that the DVD region of the new eeprom is set to the same as that of your original eeprom. (0, 1 or 2). The same exact error happened to me before just because i tried to use a v1.0 eeprom on a v1.1. Once i got the v1.1 eeprom from Zodiiak (he's a great seller BTW), it worked great.

OH, and to add to this research, I spent 14hrs zeroing out my 200gb drive and it DID get rid of the Gamertag into from the disk.bin on the partition table.

I used a free 2 month subscription with this newly zero'd hard drive and new eeprom and its been working like a charm for 3 days now with my bios booting from my 191GB F, and my completely stock C and E.

Woohoo!!!

This post has been edited by gerzand: Nov 25 2004, 06:01 PM

-Gadget-

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2004, 10:34:00 AM »

QUOTE (gerzand @ Nov 25 2004, 06:47 PM)

OH, and to add to this research, I spent 14hrs zeroing out my 200gb drive and it DID get rid of the Gamertag into from the disk.bin on the partition table.

I used a free 2 month subscription with this newly zero'd hard drive and new eeprom and its been working like a charm for 3 days now with my bios booting from my 191GB F, and my completely stock C and E.

Woohoo!!!

so then u have basicly done what xionanx was doing and succeded !!

you going to try a banned GT once u have proved that a new one has 100% worked ?
or do u not want to risk your xbox being banned again ?

Mick ..  

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

QUOTE (-Gadget- @ Nov 25 2004, 06:30 PM)
so then u have basicly done what xionanx was doing and succeded !!

you going to try a banned GT once u have proved that a new one has 100% worked ?
or do u not want to risk your xbox being banned again ?

Mick ..

Yes, I did do what he was trying to do and succeeded.  laugh.gif  biggrin.gif  cool.gif
I suppose I could take one for the team and use xbox live to "recover" my old account and see if it bans my eeprom. I've already spent way too much money on eeproms trying to fix my friends xboxes with previous methods only to get them banned again and I'm held responsible  sad.gif . If someone could donate a v1.6 eeprom I'd be happy to try it.

damadman

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »

dont even bother tryin youll get banned   I took mine bought a brand new HDD got a virgin eeprom and installed just the basics that first came with the xbox onthe hdd left the big F: then i went on live no chip nothin 3 days later i used my old GT wich had been Previously banned and now im once again banned they are checking tags

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »

QUOTE (damadman @ Nov 25 2004, 11:14 PM)
dont even bother tryin youll get banned   I took mine bought a brand new HDD got a virgin eeprom and installed just the basics that first came with the xbox onthe hdd left the big F: then i went on live no chip nothin 3 days later i used my old GT wich had been Previously banned and now im once again banned they are checking tags

You violated one of the main rules by using that Flagged account again on an Xbox with a larger hard drive. Its all over the forum!

damadman

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2004, 03:30:00 PM »

yeh i know, curiousity killed this cat lol  but there is gotta be a way to do it with your old GT   hmmm
  im gonna go and by a new xbox and prior 2 even turning it on im putting a new 160 gig in and my ice chip and then im gonna go online with that banned tag

i hope it works  

damadman

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2004, 03:31:00 PM »

what we need to fig out is what it is they are checkin to ban us when using a flagged tag??

that would help a lot

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (damadman @ Nov 25 2004, 11:26 PM)
yeh i know, curiousity killed this cat lol  but there is gotta be a way to do it with your old GT   hmmm
  im gonna go and by a new xbox and prior 2 even turning it on im putting a new 160 gig in and my ice chip and then im gonna go online with that banned tag

i hope it works

Sorry man, but even if you install the 160 beforehand, a Flagged account prompts further testing (possibly lock password). It's an Ifffffffyyy move there fella'

-Gadget-

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (damadman @ Nov 26 2004, 12:14 AM)

it is curious that they are banning this ..
what ARE they using to flag and ban this kinda thing !?
as if u use your banned GT on a new xbox .. its not banned !  
so they not just banning flagged GT !! ..

ok.. lets look at what they COULD of checked, on this setup to determine a bigger-drive/hdd-swap..
  • could of been a bad eeprom for what ever reason
  • how did u LOCK the drive ? could the master password be playing a part here ?
  • are they just using the serial numbers ? )and comparing from factory details)
  • some kinda LPC check(extremly unlikly as 1.6 box standard use's the LPC !)
  • something we not thinking of !!

REMEMBER FOLKS these checks ONLY occur on FLAGGED GT's !!

Mick ..

X2Gamer

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 25, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »

so basically low level format my banned hdd and a new eeprom will get me back on live?

gerzand

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2004, 04:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (X2Gamer @ Nov 26 2004, 12:30 AM)
so basically low level format my banned hdd and a new eeprom will get me back on live?

and a new gamertag. Recovering a flagged Gamertag (not transfering on a memory card) has not been tested yet.

This post has been edited by gerzand: Nov 26 2004, 01:17 AM

damadman

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2004, 06:49:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Rod Storm

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2004, 06:55:00 PM »

Yeh but can i use the account recovery from MS dashboard? but not to actually sign in with it just to recover the account so i can cancel the subscription.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5