xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: They Banned Me From Xbox Live! Why?  (Read 430 times)

Ces2k3

• Archived User
They Banned Me From Xbox Live! Why?
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2003, 06:30:00 AM »

well im not banned but im trying to prevent the drama in bitching at m$ for a reason why they banned me.why take the risk in getting banned if i can prevent it

loupham

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2003, 08:42:00 AM »

i too got ban from playing live .. evertime i sign on i know the chameleon is off ... my evox stuff is on the f drive ... I think its when i was playing ghost recon off the backup ... the game was signing on to live for some reason ... just redid the eeprom yesterday and trying again ... but this time, i'm disconnecting the network cable when i'm not using live ... let see what happen in the next few days

Ces2k3

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2003, 08:46:00 AM »

wink.gif   i dont have no xbox live games back up in fear of the new dash,i only back up games that are not xbox live at all just tp prevent the drama

Ces2k3

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2003, 09:29:00 AM »

im talking about when the new live 2.0 comes out

heinrich

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2003, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE (Ces2k3 @ Aug 28 2003, 01:29 PM)
im talking about when the new live 2.0 comes out

Well, its not out, so its obvious that everyone did something to get banned, and MS is not scanning hard drives.

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2003, 12:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (bearauto @ Aug 28 2003, 04:35 PM)
QUOTE (ChrisF @ Aug 27 2003, 08:43 PM)
So all you guys spent $50 and bought a Live kit.  Your account shows up as banned and you weren't running a modchip or non-MS bios.  Yet not a single one of you calls them and asks what the deal is?  You purchased a service and you have a legal right to it.  If they deny you service they have to explain exactly why you are being denied.  If you aren't willing to stand up for yourselves and at least get an explanation you deserve to have your games and money taken away.

The point is that they all had evox installed on their hard drive...that's sufficient evidence of modding.

Anyway, I'm wondering if a non-live game can detect that it's being played with a backup (i.e., the modchip is on) and then report in the next time you DO connect on live.  Crazy idea, but why not?

Well then let them call MS and ask for a reason.  MS has to give it to them - you can't deny service owed to someone without a reason.  We don't have any idea why they were banned and neither do they.  All they have to do is ask.  

I sincerely doubt MS is harddrive scanning but any answer MS provides will obviously save many more people from being banned.  I don't even care - I don't use Live - I can't believe that not a single person has the sack to make a phone call and ask for a reason.  A 5 minute call would shed infinitely more light on the situation and possibly prevent others here from being banned.  Are they afraid that some $5 an hour phone rep at MS is going to bitch at them?  That's a customer service job, they can't yell or scold (if this is what you and everyone else is afraid of because you "modded your xbox").  But, they can give you an actual reason and they are obligated to do so.

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2003, 01:12:00 PM »

Yes, MS is very helpful on the phone, even when I had a controller problem

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2003, 09:58:00 PM »

I'll call Billy G. tomorrow.
I've been very busy as of late....

I'll let you guys know what happens, hope the fuckers don't ask me to send my Xbox over.....

Just to let you guys know, I have Evox installed using Slayers Installer.
Not sure where the installer, installs it.

Depending on what I can work out with Billy,
I'll try installing a new Eeprom on my hdd.
Now if I get banned again, then you guys know there's definately something going on....

miggidy

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2003, 10:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (bearauto @ Aug 28 2003, 04:35 PM)
The point is that they all had evox installed on their hard drive...that's sufficient evidence of modding.

Anyway, I'm wondering if a non-live game can detect that it's being played with a backup (i.e., the modchip is on) and then report in the next time you DO connect on live.  Crazy idea, but why not?

I'm wondering the same thing bro.
I play Meccassault quite often while I'm offline.
With the chip both enabled or disabled.

Fuck! I just remembered that my Xbox Live had been actin up in the days leading to me getting banned.
I had problems logging onto Live because Live's servers couldn't recognise my Xbox's IP address. The only way I could get connected was to go into the connection settings in the Live dash and change the IP connection detection settings to "automatic"....

It worked this way for 2 days until I was eventually banned.
I'm wonderin if anyone else who was banned experienced this same shit....

bearauto

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2003, 12:26:00 AM »

uhh.gif

shanafan

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2003, 12:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (bearauto @ Aug 30 2003, 04:26 AM)
I don't understand how people are getting banned when they never accessed LIVE with modchip ON... uhh.gif

Too much of this:

beerchug.gif

I have been using my modded Xbox with this current EEPROM since December. Haven't been banned yet, and I am careful.

bearauto

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2003, 11:47:00 AM »

QUOTE (shanafan @ Aug 30 2003, 12:29 AM)
I don't understand how people are getting banned when they never accessed LIVE with modchip ON... uhh.gif

Too much of this:

beerchug.gif

I have been using my modded Xbox with this current EEPROM since December. Haven't been banned yet, and I am careful.

LOL well, all I know is, my network cable is NOT plugged in...if I want to go LIVE, I'll plug it in and make sure my modchip is off.

fewl`

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2003, 11:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (bearauto @ Aug 30 2003, 08:47 PM)
QUOTE (shanafan @ Aug 30 2003, 12:29 AM)

Too much of this:

beerchug.gif

LOL well, all I know is, my network cable is NOT plugged in...if I want to go LIVE, I'll plug it in and make sure my modchip is off.

Yup I also do the same, unplug it after I finish playing xbl

xVanWildeRx

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2003, 12:54:00 PM »

so have any one of you guys who were banned called MS? they can and will tell you why you were banned, if you are forceful enough with them. like the other said, you paid for the service, and they have to explain to you why you were banned. period.

RMF

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2003, 02:54:00 PM »

I tried calling them when i was bannedand eventually i got them to tell me that my xbox was banned because it was modified. When i denied any knowledge of it and confirmed that i had bought the xbox brand new at launch they offered to take my xbox in for free to check if there was a problem with the xbox itself that could cause their servers to belive it was modified. Needless to say, i said "thanks, but no thanks".

Good luck.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4