xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Made A Mistake With Live, Any Help?  (Read 113 times)

2000ache

• Archived User
Made A Mistake With Live, Any Help?
« on: March 19, 2003, 07:36:00 AM »

sad.gif

nomitah

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2003, 07:42:00 AM »

Huh? I did not access Live with mod on, since I only saw the EvoX menu, then turned off the box, switched off mod and then turned the box on and inserted MA. Or? :8

Anyway, it _could_ be that my HD wasn't locked, whatever that means. That would make sense at least.

And I'm already banned, so basically I got banned without ever turning on the modchip. My current theory is that my HD isn't locked, and it banned shortly after my first Live game. I never turned the modchip on until today.

mitsu50

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2003, 08:08:00 AM »

so u are saying that the xbox told you that you had modified hardware??? thats new to me.

what wa the exact message you received?

nomitah

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2003, 08:12:00 AM »

It seems my HD is in fact locked already, because in other threads people are saying that unlocked HDs cannot access MS dash.

The error msg:

"Modified Xbox Error

Your Xbox console cannot communicate with Xbox Live because the software or hardware may have been modified. See www.xbox.com/connect for more information."

I also can't see my XYZ code, because some kind of a msg always pops up (and so I can't press help/Y).

mitsu50

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2003, 08:49:00 AM »

QUOTE (nomitah @ Mar 19 2003, 05:12 PM)
It seems my HD is in fact locked already, because in other threads people are saying that unlocked HDs cannot access MS dash.

The error msg:

"Modified Xbox Error

Your Xbox console cannot communicate with Xbox Live because the software or hardware may have been modified. See www.xbox.com/connect for more information."

I also can't see my XYZ code, because some kind of a msg always pops up (and so I can't press help/Y).

interesting. I was just blacklisted, and i would swear that i never went online or accessed any live options with my chip on.

Although i didnt get that message, and i will try to connect again when i get home tonight.

maybe there is another way they can detect chips nowadays.  dry.gif

johnney5

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2003, 01:06:00 PM »

yo mitsu50, its johnney5 from cdrom-guide, you should always unplug your network cable just in case, some games try to connect as soon as the game is launched (splinter cell + ghost recon i think). Remember if you get banned you can always replace it with an unbanned eeprom, install a matrix in your friends xbox, if they dont have xbox live take their eeprom, and u can do them a favor by flashing some x2 bios on it too.

2000ache

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2003, 01:32:00 PM »

QUOTE (johnney5 @ Mar 19 2003, 09:06 PM)
some games try to connect as soon as the game is launched (splinter cell + ghost recon i think)

This is total crap. Both games DO NOT connect on launch! I hhave both games
and it is perfectly safe to run both games with the modchip on, as long as you don't press
'live' or 'download'

leigao84

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2003, 01:39:00 PM »

Yeah you must have messed up on turning off the mod chip. Just get a new eeprom and read the tutorial on how to change it, no biggy. You can always buy a eeprom if you can't find one. The best way for X2 lite is to actually get a switch installed, so that it is manually turned off when play on live.

valius

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2003, 05:06:00 AM »

ph34r.gif