xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: No Xbox Live!  (Read 234 times)

kickassdude

• Archived User
No Xbox Live!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2003, 11:59:00 AM »

mad.gif

shanafan

• Archived User
No Xbox Live!
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2003, 01:00:00 PM »

I don't know how many times I need to stress this. Content downloaded from Xbox Live WILL ONLY WORK on the Xbox that it was downloaded from. Unless a hack comes out to make the saves totally free to use on all Xboxes, THEY WILL NOT WORK

oilytheotter

• Archived User
No Xbox Live!
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2003, 08:52:00 AM »

How difficult can it be to customize the downloadable content for your box? Does anyone know how the dl stuff works exactly? I know it loads to ur hd, but why does it work only for the box that its downloaded to? Is this so much different from patching games with trainers?

shanafan

• Archived User
No Xbox Live!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2003, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE (oilytheotter @ Feb 27 2003, 12:52 PM)
How difficult can it be to customize the downloadable content for your box? Does anyone know how the dl stuff works exactly? I know it loads to ur hd, but why does it work only for the box that its downloaded to? Is this so much different from patching games with trainers?

A lot of Xbox games have CRC checks with the save to validate the save with the Xbox it is on. That is why saved rosters, settings, and profiles from EA game do not work on other Xboxes.

HOWEVER, someone has posted a tutorial to disable this check at www.xbox-saves.com

It is too way long for me to work on, as I honestly don't care, but I think some people will probably try it out

...ReLLiK

• Archived User
No Xbox Live!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2003, 01:16:00 PM »

If one could get their hands on it, it would be worth the time to figure it out for the scene

kickassdude

• Archived User
No Xbox Live!
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2003, 08:30:00 PM »

any news on a hack?

...ReLLiK

• Archived User
No Xbox Live!
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2003, 03:07:00 PM »

Didn't someone say it was on a copy of OXM's cd? That would be a good starting point to see what happens to the file as it is transitioned from the disc to the xbox save file.....

Psychoschiz

• Archived User
No Xbox Live!
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2003, 05:44:00 AM »

Not quite a hack,

But here is ome info about save games etc etc

Might be of some help to someone

http://www.xbox-save...veGameCheck.txt
Pages: 1 [2]