xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Cannot Connect To Server- Xbconnect  (Read 831 times)

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To Server- Xbconnect
« on: February 02, 2020, 05:35:00 PM »

This is my first attempt at using any online gaming utility and for no other reason than convenience I chose XBConnect.

I followed all the guides and it appears that my xbox is detected because when I goto Tools> Options>General Options, there's a 12-digit string of numbers in the "XBC is aware of these consoles:" box. So I assume that's my xbox right?
When I goto Tools> Find> My Console, it detects the console on my "NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller" (which is my onboard NIC controller).

So assuming that my xbox is being detected by XBConnect I attempt to connect to a server while my game (Halo2) is loaded on the XBOX and waiting at the "Create New Game" screen. The server window pops open then promptly closes after 10 seconds or so. Also in the server list from the main window everything in the PING column is "FW". From what I've read on the guides this is a networking issue on my end...

So here's my setup. Xbox is wire connected to a router which my PC also connects to (no wireless anywhere).
I forwarded ports on my router to open up port 8602 on the IP address my PC is on (this is correct right? I forward the port on the PC's IP not the xbox's IP?).
I've also disabled my firewall (Zone Alarm) and I still cannot connect to a server.

What am I missing???

• Archived User
Cannot Connect To Server- Xbconnect
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2020, 06:26:00 PM »

Nevermind I figured it out.
I had to enable wincap.