xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Crazy Idea For Xbox Online Gaming  (Read 798 times)

oceanscurve

• Archived User
Crazy Idea For Xbox Online Gaming
« on: September 23, 2007, 04:52:00 PM »

Well I have noticed that most online gaming alternatives to Xbox Live ™ are poor quality or a pain to work with. I was up late a few night ago thinking about a easy, fast, and fun alternative to Xbox Live ™. here are a few of the main ideas that I would like in this application,

- I want it to boot from the Xbox ( no computer required)

- A basic friends list and Gamertag.

- legal or as legal as it can be to download and use.

- the App will be for the original Xbox

I have experience in C++ and other Internet programming. I also have a decent amount of server space and all the tools that i need to make XBEs and other files required for an App like this. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Infamous Ob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2007, 08:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(oceanscurve @ Sep 23 2007, 06:52 PM) View Post

I have experience in C++ and other Internet programming. I also have a decent amount of server space and all the tools that i need to make XBEs and other files required for an App like this. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Yo. Let's make it happen. Go for it.

c-2

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2007, 11:40:00 AM »

- I want it to boot from the Xbox ( no computer required)

impossible .. the xbox1 can only run 1 process at a time so your app would be shutdown once you load a game .. xbox Live games have the live part built into the game itself ..

once you start compiling xbe's your running into illegal area .. your also eliminating all non-modded users from ever using your system ..

instead of re-inventing the wheel why not just team up with XLink and make your own UI or improve the XBMC part of it ..  

Berzerker92

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »

yup, like c-2 said.

This post has been edited by Berzerker92: Sep 24 2007, 06:44 PM

Maturion

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 09:40:00 AM »

Well I have noticed that most online gaming alternatives to Xbox Live ™ are poor quality or a pain to work with.

The biggest pain is that there are not enough players. Usingg a computer to move to a game arena/host isn't hard. The only way to get it working without a pc is Xbox Live Emulation. You had to setup game servers and that would be really expensive....

But if you have a good idea we'd really like to see it.

shizzle01

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2007, 02:39:00 PM »

dead?