xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Really Confused About Wireless...  (Read 126 times)

adil786

• Archived User
Really Confused About Wireless...
« on: March 01, 2006, 02:38:00 AM »

Hi alll,

I got a wireless PC, connected wirelessely ofcourse to my router.   Can i connect this wireless pc to my xbox with crossover cable and it will let me play online using xbconnect or xlink???

Please let me know, im really confused , as i have read i need promiscous mode or something...

Thanks

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 01:04:00 PM »

Yes, your setup will work with a wireless pc, and a crossover cable to the xbox, with XBC you shouldn't need any other settings done, it'll find your xbox just fine, just make sure you have windows ICS enabled on the interface. Check my sig on the XBC Help site in the Network Configs page, it has a picture and a link to explain how to set it up

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2006, 03:07:00 PM »

i got xp, so basically i have to bridge my nic card with my wireless card?

Also, whats all this bull about promiscous mode?

Thanks alot for ur help muffin man!

adil786

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 04:26:00 PM »

man im soooooooooo angry, just spent the last 3-4 hours tryin to get it to work.  it finds the xbox no problem, but it doesnt find any games, just stays at the "looking for games" bit.

Ive tried everything i think, does the wireless card need to have promiscous mode?

any suggestions?

p.s. i could get it to work when the pc wasnt wirelesss without a hitch.

TheMuffinMan

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:44:00 PM »

Try checking out your windows firewall settings, and you regular firewalls' settings for it. It's probably a different configuration for each port (wired and wireless) try taking off the windows firewall and try playing, Sorry I hadn't gotten back in touch, Spring Break just started up for college smile.gif let me know how it goes