xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Using Xlink/kai With A Non-modded Xbox  (Read 75 times)

-Spud-

• Archived User
Using Xlink/kai With A Non-modded Xbox
« on: May 06, 2004, 01:07:00 PM »

I've mainly played around with Kai and it runs awesome and all that on my pc, but I cannot see any system link games on my Xbox at all. I managed to get Halo going with a friend using Kai but it was totally unplayable (lag). All other games, RS3, MM3, Top Spin, V8 Supercars 2 (Race Driver) etc simply don't work. System Link cannot find a thing!
I have an Xbox Live account on the same Xbox and recently got the major Live update after Xbox Live shutdown for 24 hours. Could M$ have somehow made my Xbox unplayable with anything other than Xbox Live online?
I would post all this in the Kai forums but that entire section appears to be blocked or something. I can't post or reply to anything!

hack

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2004, 05:26:00 PM »

No Mess

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

Do you own R63 for xbox live?, because a while ago M$ came out with an update for R63 that made it so you cant use system link for it.  That could be a reason that you cant system link with R63 but im not sure what the problem could be for the others.

jz28

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 05:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (hack @ May 6 2004, 09:26 PM)
http://xbconnect.com/

dont be a tool.

as for:

I've mainly played around with Kai and it runs awesome and all that on my pc, but I cannot see any system link games on my Xbox at all. I managed to get Halo going with a friend using Kai but it was totally unplayable (lag). All other games, RS3, MM3, Top Spin, V8 Supercars 2 (Race Driver) etc simply don't work. System Link cannot find a thing!
I have an Xbox Live account on the same Xbox and recently got the major Live update after Xbox Live shutdown for 24 hours. Could M$ have somehow made my Xbox unplayable with anything other than Xbox Live online?
I would post all this in the Kai forums but that entire section appears to be blocked or something. I can't post or reply to anything!

first, you can post in the xlink forums if you'd like, and second, you can join us any time on efnet in #xlink. if you play any games online with live, most likely they are patched, and there are threads about patched games on both this forum and the xlink forum. live patched games wont "see" non patched games, so you must removed the patch using the xbox dashs' memory manager.

I am quite sure its something simple that you have going on, but we need more info to solve your problem.