xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: System Link Lag  (Read 28 times)

Lyger

• Archived User
System Link Lag
« on: November 04, 2003, 06:26:00 PM »

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I just put a X2 modchip in my xbox not long ago and ever since our Halo system link games have been sort of laggy at times. My friends and I system link over the campus network and this is the first time we've noticed any real problem this often. Some of our games work just fine and the next time it is just horrible.

I've looked over my soldering job and it was done neatly and I followed the tutorials precisely. I was just wondering if putting that mod chip in has anything to do with the lagging, because it doesn't look like anything was shorted out, or if the lag is most likely problems with the network.

Lyger

• Archived User
System Link Lag
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 06:37:00 PM »

yes but campus network is not at all restricted and why would this be happening now.  we've done this all of last year and didn't have any problems.  also some of on some games only certain boxes lag like if i create others lag and i join a game i lag.

shanafan

• Archived User
System Link Lag
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003, 02:58:00 PM »

Seems like your school's network may have made some changes to the network, etc.