xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: A Day In The Life Of An Ms Online Tech  (Read 266 times)

NeoKast

• Archived User
A Day In The Life Of An Ms Online Tech
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2002, 11:35:00 AM »

I mentioned the eeprom to Toni (MS Rep) on the phone when she confirmed the permanent ban, but I'm pretty sure it was over her head. I basically dumbed it down to how people can return banned Xbox's, or people can "clone" an unbanned box with a banned one. She understood that and was a little suprised. I just warned her that the policy is going to cause more trouble than good and that I think the permanent ban is a bit harsh, especially if a mod is removed. Unfortunately, I doubt any of the reps know the first thing about a mod, they just have a memo informing them about what to say to us when we ask. They can't do anything to help us. I'd be willing to bet that the banning system is simply automatic, and permanent at this point.

NK

CCC|FLAKfiser

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2002, 06:58:00 PM »

Best Solutions = Own 2 xboxs.

1 modded, 1 non-modded - then u never have to worry

shit, they are cheap now, i got a brand new 1 for $174.99 from EBgames with S-Controller

dmb

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2002, 07:36:00 PM »

Best Solution=Own 1 xbox and install a switch

if you havent installed live and gotten banned already.. then install a switch to be able to turn off you modchip from the outside of the Xbox. then buy the LIVE games. alot easier than buyin a 2nd xbox and games

check the tutorials on how to install the switches

CCC|FLAKfiser

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2002, 08:24:00 PM »

well, i have matrix set on mode 3, and they got me when chip was disabled.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2002, 08:36:00 PM »

( Me has joined )

Me: look while your not here i figure ill start typing

Me: My xbox claims its not sending any packet when i cant connect ( i have worked on thie problem with 10 phone representatives to no avail) anyway it claims im not uploading or downloading, yet when i put a packet sniffer on the network it shows me talking to MS and shows no sign of rejection. Two questions, why do you make the xbox lie to the owner of it assuming they have no technical knowledge and two why am i not connecting

Me: this is not very good buismanship

Me: I find a company that lies to their consumers on purpose is not a good thing.

Me: I also have had several cases of different answers on the phones with representatives

Me: so tell me, why are you lying so much? what is there to cover up?

Me: Man this is taking a long time, you need more techies, or mabye you dont, if they all lie like i have

Me: heard* sorry got chopped off

this is something i wrote to a techy but my dad wants me off the internet so ill ask the same thing another time, for now you can read over my questions. (it wont actually say me im just protecting my name)

Satan00

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2002, 08:47:00 PM »

no fun until you get an answer man

The Legendary Rob

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2002, 10:29:00 PM »

next time ask:

"hey since my modded xbox won't work on xbox live i'll have to buy a new xbox.  i'll give u first shot on this badass puppy.  u wanna buy my modded xbox for lets say... $50.  i'll throw in 100 games (your choice off course).  BTW... free shipping!! BID NOW!!!"

spunky

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2002, 03:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (dmb @ Nov 19 2002, 02:36 AM)
Best Solution=Own 1 xbox and install a switch

if you havent installed live and gotten banned already.. then install a switch to be able to turn off you modchip from the outside of the Xbox. then buy the LIVE games. alot easier than buyin a 2nd xbox and games

check the tutorials on how to install the switches

I have a very specific question...

I need to get rid of the dvdx v1 patch on my box (nope didnt back up first) and have been told that you can install the live disc which overwrites the xboxdash.xbe file removing the dvdx patch...

however will it make the check when i install live or when i connect to the server for the modchip as i cant turn off the switch until the patch is removed as it will boot as original because the unsigned code is there.....

Only after i have patched can i use the switch  and it maybe too late

Any ideas ?

Cheers

Spunky sad.gif

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2002, 04:49:00 PM »

Yeah it is to late you can now only use DVDx2

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2002, 05:19:00 PM »

sleeping.gif
But I think it will take some time before we can go online with a moded box someone of you shold jurisprudence M$ for this because I think you all have payed for live and what we get .. nothing

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2002, 11:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (Fuzzy @ Nov 18 2002, 03:19 AM)
i dont think stealing eeproms will help us now....it may temporarily work but not for long...

They would have to ban IP's and individual accounts.

This presents a BIG problem for them.

It's much easier for them to succumb and go with in game mod chip detection for online gameplay.

This is a much more reasonable solution all the way around.

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2002, 03:41:00 AM »

So I have thought about it a bit and like I told I phoned the support guys again

me " Hi just a fast question about a moded Xbox and Live "

sup " Hallo if you have a moded Xbox you cant go online with Live "

me " yeah yeah I know but ... when I change the serial of the Box I can .... "

sup " You .. do  what ? "

me " changing the Serial then I can go live. Ok only for short time but I can play but this is anoying like this "

sup " You cant do this .. "

me " I can "

sup " But ... this will be baned too and someone with a not moded cant go live then "

me " I know but I not care you fuck me so I do with you "

sup " Ah... so what you want know "

me " Ah yes I wanted know if to many serials are banned will then M$ re activate the accounts "

sup " I dont know. I think thay will open only this account which have no chip "

me " Yeah sure but this might be a bit difficult if you dont know which one when all accounts will be down. Why you dont let us play even with moded it is not so hard to find out if I run a copy of a Game then to check the Bios "

sup " It is not up to me only M$ do this we are from support and we cant open or close accounts "

me " I know but I want know when all or the most serials are down or used will then M$ open the accounts again ? "

sup " I cant tell but I think yes "

me " ok thanks .. Bye "

sup " Bye thanks for using Xbox Support"

so what we can tell we use all new serials so long until not moded player wil  be able to go online and will complain about it. Mayby then thay will drop there spying on us..
And thay can ban IPs I dont know how it work in America but we get all 24h a new IP so if thay ban a IP the ISP and everyone who use it cant go then online. I Think thay ban only the serial it work like a Username to log on.

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2002, 12:32:00 PM »

So this why I think thay ban only the serial nothing else.

SO EVERYONE CHANGE YOU SERIAL SO LONG UNTIL NO ACCOUNT WORK :-P

Katonta

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 21, 2002, 11:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (opjose @ Nov 21 2002, 01:44 AM)
QUOTE (Fuzzy @ Nov 18 2002, 03:19 AM)
i dont think stealing eeproms will help us now....it may temporarily work but not for long...

They would have to ban IP's and individual accounts.

This presents a BIG problem for them.

It's much easier for them to succumb and go with in game mod chip detection for online gameplay.

This is a much more reasonable solution all the way around.

100 percent...

Katonta

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2002, 12:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (Metroid-X @ Nov 22 2002, 02:12 AM)
How do you talk to these guys? Whats the url to talk to the techs etc?

call the support 800 line or go to the xbox site/forum
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4