xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: A Fix For Connectivity Issues.  (Read 394 times)

b0b

• Archived User
A Fix For Connectivity Issues.
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2002, 05:40:00 PM »

I believe clifface is correct. I modded my xbox and in copying the orginals C: and E: directorys I missed a folder essential to the dash becuase my ftp program had a glitch in it's directory listings. therefor I could not access the ms dash. I then discovered my mistake last night with an updated version of the ftp program. I then copied this folder to my modded hd and launched xboxdash.xbe to make sure it functioned and so it did at this point I believe the updated xboxdash.xbe detected my mod as it was in mode 2. I then proceeded to the xboxlive dash through the ms dash and got the now famous XBL live could not be found. this explains it as the updated xboxdash.xbe must record the fact it detected a mod chip and then when you next launch xboxlive dash and the connectivity test is make it to the XBL live step it sends the mod information to XBL. So even if you have made it right with a new serial/mac be careful and don't access the ms dash from anyother program,  disable the mod with a switch or use mode 3 on your matrix.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2002, 12:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (clifface @ Nov 19 2002, 11:01 PM)
You can disable the chip and play online but what opjose said I believe is that if you at any point go to the ms dashboard by launching xboxdash.xbe from the evolution x menu, you will only be able to get on live one more time.  During that time something is sent to MS saying you have a mod and after that you will get the xbox live not found msg.  As long as the only time you go to the xboxdash.xbe is when your chip is disabled then you should be fine.  Until perhaps they do start searching for diff hd's.  I'm not sure how big of a threat that is as of yet.  Please correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

Exactly!

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2002, 12:58:00 AM »

QUOTE (b0b @ Nov 20 2002, 12:40 AM)
I believe clifface is correct. I modded my xbox and in copying the orginals C: and E: directorys I missed a folder essential to the dash becuase my ftp program had a glitch in it's directory listings. therefor I could not access the ms dash. I then discovered my mistake last night with an updated version of the ftp program. I then copied this folder to my modded hd and launched xboxdash.xbe to make sure it functioned and so it did at this point I believe the updated xboxdash.xbe detected my mod as it was in mode 2. I then proceeded to the xboxlive dash through the ms dash and got the now famous XBL live could not be found. this explains it as the updated xboxdash.xbe must record the fact it detected a mod chip and then when you next launch xboxlive dash and the connectivity test is make it to the XBL live step it sends the mod information to XBL. So even if you have made it right with a new serial/mac be careful and don't access the ms dash from anyother program,  disable the mod with a switch or use mode 3 on your matrix.

Yeap.

So far this has been very consistent.

I've also been able to keep a modded Xbox from being banned because I know this.

Effectively the modded Xbox is NEVER permitted to drop to the M-icrosoft dashboard, connect to Xboxlive, or even bring up an Xblive program with the mod chip ON.

With the mod chip OFF I only drop to the OLDER MS Dashboard that has no mod chip detection or XBLive issues.

This has worked flawlessly, but it can be easily be screwed up by a friend, sibling or significant other.

emoney

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2002, 03:02:00 AM »

wait wait wait.. opjose... what do you mean the "older" ms dashboard?

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2002, 03:54:00 AM »

QUOTE (emoney @ Nov 20 2002, 10:02 AM)
wait wait wait.. opjose... what do you mean the "older" ms dashboard?

The "pre-live" update.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2002, 03:55:00 AM »

QUOTE (scoobster @ Nov 20 2002, 09:59 AM)
QUOTE (opjose @ Nov 20 2002, 07:58 AM)
This has worked flawlessly, but it can be easily be screwed up by a friend, sibling or significant other.

F-boot2 may help, as it will only run c:xboxdash with mod disabled, unless you go out of your way to run it

bad m$neaky bad
ph34r.gif

Yes, this reduces the problem to someone trying to connect to live with XboxLive enabled games.

So you would have to keep these off the hard drive and locked away when the mod chip is turned on.

Remember it MAY also "report in" at game startup.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2002, 06:44:00 AM »

QUOTE (emoney @ Nov 20 2002, 11:17 AM)
ok here's a question...... when would you ever NEED to use the ms dashboard??   can you not play retail games with the other bioses?

Some settings require the M-icrosoft Dashboard to set them.

E.G. audio, video, etc. at present.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2002, 08:37:00 AM »

QUOTE (Duece @ Nov 20 2002, 02:40 PM)
Why would you need to use a bios that has F_Boot ot E_Boot?  As long as you change the evox ini file to use a pre-live version of the MS Dashboard then you should be ok right?

Try doing this and you'll see it's not as easy as you think.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]