xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: A Fix For Connectivity Issues.  (Read 395 times)

Oger

• Archived User
A Fix For Connectivity Issues.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2002, 01:04:00 PM »

Im not sure if this will help or not but ill share the info

Got live last night...took off EvoX to put on original Xboxdash

-signed up for new account and everything

-got the update from each game Whacked(demo) Fever(rented it) and MotoGP(demo)

- couldnt connect through the game to xbox live...but could "Connect to LIVE through the dashboard"

-phoned tech support waste of time said live doesnt launch for 6 more hours LOL

-But now this afternoon I went to try it cant connect to xbox live from the dashboard

so I dunno

slappynutz

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2002, 01:34:00 PM »

Try this for now. It's the only thing I can think of working long-term (at least until MS really decides to get serious about banning modders).

http://xbox-scene.fx...b9dca276ba50dca

Zander

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2002, 01:39:00 PM »

Interesting. I hope it's true, becuase for the not so sharp of you out there, that is GOOD news.

If it's true.

Z

andreo

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2002, 02:16:00 PM »

QUOTE (pike @ Nov 16 2002, 02:46 PM)

Anyway, i now have 1 x box in an arcade cabinet playing dedicated MAME. One for homebrew applications, and one dedicated to online play....

This is what I was planning on doing with Mame and a Xbox! Did you buy the cabinet from somewhere or did you make it yourself?
I want to make one but I don't want it to come out looking like sh*t. The ones you can buy are through the roof $1k plus in price.

heliXbox

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2002, 03:10:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif

I have NOTHING on the drive, if I want to play MAME or a backup I boot from a DVD+RW.

Anyway, I was able to connect just fine last night.  Got in, played some Mechassault (bought) and called it a night.

Now today I get the XBL not found error.  Grrr.

Guess I'll have 2 boxes now.  It seems that a great deal of people out there are doing this.  I don't see MS intentinaly planning this since they take a financial hit on each box sold.  I'm just hoping that the servers are busy or something.  dry.gif

upstatenyguy22

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2002, 03:18:00 PM »

QUOTE (heliXbox @ Nov 16 2002, 10:10 PM)
Working last night, not working today.

I've got a Matrix in Mode 3 and a retail XBL kit...guess I wasn't cool enough for MS's beta testing  rolleyes.gif

I have NOTHING on the drive, if I want to play MAME or a backup I boot from a DVD+RW.

Anyway, I was able to connect just fine last night.  Got in, played some Mechassault (bought) and called it a night.

Now today I get the XBL not found error.  Grrr.

Guess I'll have 2 boxes now.  It seems that a great deal of people out there are doing this.  I don't see MS intentinaly planning this since they take a financial hit on each box sold.  I'm just hoping that the servers are busy or something.  dry.gif

I'm in the same boat.  Matrix mode 3 with retail kit, on last night, could connect through the dask with chip on or off, all like opjose said.  Today, I've moved to the group1 problem - xbox live not found even though the dash.  I'm not heading out for a new box, though.

Oger

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2002, 03:52:00 PM »

aaa sweet sweet

guess thats a bit better

but the help line in so horrible LOL

NIGHTBREED

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2002, 08:31:00 PM »

BETA TESTERS...

If in the past you have logged on to XBL with the BETA=non retail version (before nov 15th) with the mod chip ON then M$ already have your serial/mac address #s, so on the 15th when they started the servers with the blocking/not responding authentication they ALREADY HAD YOUR INFORMATION. It was just a question of adding it to their databases.

This is just like DIRECT TV serial#s and all...

By the way don't you guys find it funny that M$ is in a way HACKING US...
We've been doing it for a long time and i think it's their turn...
Lets show them that the best minds are not on their payroll...

Cheers to all of the over 500 post (i don't know how you do it)

andreo

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2002, 08:45:00 PM »

I bet that connectivity test had something to do with it. Us mod users should have been a little more careful during the beta tests. I think we were all lead to the slaughter house with the biggest grins on our faces.

clifface

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2002, 09:45:00 PM »

I didn't do the connectivity test though.  I only played 1 game of nfl2k3 and about 5 games of whacked with my mod enabled.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2002, 09:59:00 PM »

uhh.gif

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2002, 10:33:00 PM »

QUOTE ([AD] @ Nov 16 2002, 04:53 PM)
( Im not a Coder, so this might be a tall order )

Is there no way of editing the Eprom? Like checking whats different in both Eproms and trying to match it on the none connecting one? or is it a serial number problem??

BTW this sounds cool so far... There is light at the end of the tunnel.

Yes these sucesses do indicate a "light at the end of the tunnel" if MS fails to do anything about all of this.

It's easy to envision a utility to adjust your EEPROM and MAC address to fix all of this.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2002, 10:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (teetu @ Nov 16 2002, 05:26 PM)
Its cool that you can switch things around and it works, but this still isn't a "solution" since you have to use 2 xboxes- one of which was working previously.  If you have an umodded xbox lying around that works with xbox live- thats your solution right there! tongue.gif

Yes and no. It's a POINTER to a possible solution.

At present it's only a workaround, but it does indeed work!

It also proves that this is NOT a mod chip issue at all!

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2002, 10:35:00 PM »

QUOTE (eXpired @ Nov 16 2002, 07:25 PM)
I'm VERY glad we have found this fix, but let's be realistic here... it's pointless. Unless you have a certain attachment to your xbox's motherboard, why not just USE the other xbox? Swapping the HD and flashing the EEPPROM is pointless. =P It's a step in the right direction, though, and I would like to find out a way to modify JUST the serial number to work.

The serial number and MAC need to be modified in UNISON.

Then the header (which is encrypted) must be adjusted.

Once done, you have a "new" xbox. Heh.

opjose

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2002, 10:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (Zander @ Nov 16 2002, 07:53 PM)
BUT, I can tell you this. Looking at MOTOGP theres a lot changed on the front end from when i was in beta (adverts and stuff). Makes me think that blocked users are flagging up to the wrong/dead server as a result of changing from beta to retail (perhaps BEFORE the required 15th?)

This is the running theory, with one difference. I know I have the connection problem, "Xbox Live not found". I also know I tried to use the retail disc on the 14th, but I'm not 100% sure that has something to do with it. There are new xbox live users that are getting the same problem that never put in the retail disc before the beta.

I'm starting to lean more toward a server issue, like database corruption, or just plain data loss. Perhaps some serials were wiped from the database holding serials that are authorized to be used?

How about doing this...

Do a sniff with a known, non-working serial.

Do a sniff with a made-up, fake serial.

Do a sniff with a known working serial.

Find the differences. If a non-working and a completely made up serial (like say 000000000000) generate roughly the same packet sniff (broken down kerberos handshark) are the same, we MIGHT have something. Maybe nothing, but I'm running out of things to try.

It may be there is nothing we can do short of getting a new xbox or serial at this point without some sort of inkling from MS.

Thoughts opjose?

Z

The second packet send back by the kerberos servers are where everything falls apart.

At this point if your Xbox gets a reply it is redirected to a second server which actually does the authentication.

Finally a third server is brought into play which acts as a DNS for subsequent communication.

A failing Xbox never hits the second server.

Oh, the second server has ALMOST the same IP as the first.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5