xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox Game Review Template/Rules  (Read 374 times)

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Xbox Game Review Template/Rules
« on: January 21, 2004, 07:14:00 PM »

As some of you may have noticed I've been adding useful information to all previously posted reviews.

If you could, use the following and fill out as much as possible when writing a new review. Below is an example.

TITLE: Counter-Strike
PUBLISHER: MS
DEVELOPER: Vavle Software
DATE RELEASED: November 18, 2003
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 1
XBOX SYSTEM LINK: yes, 2-16
XBOX LIVE COMPATABLE: yes
HDTV Support: 480p
5.1 Surround Sound: yes
GENRE: Action
PLATFORM: XBOX, PC
ESRB: Mature:  Blood,Intense Violence
Retail Price: $49.99

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2003, 05:35:00 AM »

When you select new post, please put the NAME of the GAME in the Topic Title field, with NTSC or PAL following..

ex.

Topic Title: Lost in Space, NTSC

For Topic Description, please place the name of the Publisher and if possible the Dev team/division that made it...

ex.

Topic Description: EIDOS,  Team Redneck Productions

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now.. for the body of the post..

Include the following at the beginning.. if possible.

TITLE:
PUBLISHER:
DEVELOPER:
DATE RELEASED:
(when known... post at least the year when not known)

Then.. write your review.  Ideally.. pre-write your review in WORD or another word Processor.. so you can take the time necessary to review, edit, grammar and spell check your review before posting.  When it is ready, simply copy and paste your review from that program into your post window.

Minimum requirements for writing a review.. that is tough.. but nothing less than a 1000 words.. I'll adjust it is necesary.  3 Paragraphs minimum.. hopefully more.. as we want the reviews to be well thought out.. and hopefully.. well written as well.

This forum is based on the submission/review method of moderating.  The plan is.. you write your review.. post it to this forum, then wait and see if a moderator/editor allows the post or not.  Works similar to the FAQ forum.

We will accept multiple review from different members for the same TITLE.. as long as both are well written and thought out.  We don't have a problem with opposing reiview.. and long as you don't write a review to be antagonistic/to attack a previous reviewer.

Currently.. we will allow replies to a review in the same thread.. but.. like noted above this isn't meant to be a war zone.. just a place to post a review.  Moderators will determine what, if any, replies get posted.

Do not be upset.. if your review doesn't eventually end up posted.  Not all will.  All ADMIN/HEAD MODERATORS will have access to the reviews.  I'll be acting as head EDITOR.

Swearing, cursing etc isn't necessary or needed in a review.. so plz, don't post them.  (Editor may make minor edits accordingly)

Post a review with "it suxors" etc.. and it won't be posted.  Be smart.. don't waste your time, or that of the readers.

At the moment.. we won't be accepting uploads for pics.. so.. just like every other forum.. if you want to post pics, then you'll need to host them, or find hosts for them, and post them using the IMG tags during posting.  Please don't ask questions in this forum on where or how to post pics.

Rules that apply to other forums apply here as well.

There was alot of demand for this forum over the last 3 months.. which is why I posted a POLL in GENERAL to gauge current view of the membership.. however.. this REVIEW Forum is on probation.  If we find only garbage submitted.. then we'll close it down and chalk it up to a bad idea.

Last but not least SCORE.  I hate these.. but.. if you feel the need.. use a /10 scale.  I find them pretty useless.. as I tend to see alot of 9/10 scores.. but during the review I see plenty of bugs/issues.  Use a SCORE if you want.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2003, 02:33:00 PM »

I'm removing the MODERATOR REQUIRED TO PREVIEW setting for this forum.  We'll see if the high quality of posts remains.  We'll do this for a trial period.

However.. we still expect NEW posts to follow the template in this forum.  And we still expect no flame-wars.

The Moderators will still be keeping it clean.. and will delete "IT SUXORS" type responses.

Enjoy.

*A Message From HSDemonz*
Piracy Posts Will Get You Banned!

This post has been edited by DuDeR MaN: Aug 13 2004, 06:21 PM