xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Doom 3 Ce Ntsc  (Read 1103 times)

hiddnen

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« on: April 04, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »

TITLE: Doom 3 CE
Distrubuted by Acivision
DEVELOPER: ID Software and Vicarious Visions
DATE RELEASED: April 4, 2005
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 1
XBOX SYSTEM LINK: yes, 2-4
XBOX LIVE COMPATABLE: yes
HDTV Support: 480p
Communicator Headest: yes
Content Download: yes
Online Multiplayer: yes
Scoreboards: Yes
Friends: yes
Voice: yes
5.1 Surround Sound: yes
GENRE: FPS
PLATFORM: XBOX
ESRB: Mature: Blood,Intense Violence
Retail Price: $59.99

I just picked up my pre-ordered copy of Doom3 CE from EBgames earlier today and went ahead and decided to skip the rest of my classes to play. This game is awesome in almost every aspect because I haven’t stopped playing it yet. The graphics are so clear and realistic looking its crazy. And then there are the sounds. Yes, Im playing on a 36inch HDTV and have surround sound but if you don’t have surround sound, wear headphones at least!

Ever since I preordered it, I couldn’t wait to get my copy.  I have read ever review and info I could find about it but at the same time trying to stay with the Xbox version. Some things I came across got me a little worried for instance hearing about how the same method of trip lines was used for deployment of enemies just like in doom 2. After playing though, I quit worrying about it. The whole flash light idea makes the game very realistic and scary at the same time and I haven’t played it at night yet.

If you are a doom fan from back in the day like I am, you will love this game. ID stayed with some of the whole monsters and created some new ones as well. Yet, the redesign of the old ones is just mind-blowing, from the lost souls to pinky.  Better yet they also stayed with the classic weapons as well, everything form the chain saw to the BFG. I think the PC version did have a flame thrower; the Xbox does not.

Downsides to me for the game would be dealing with co-op play and death match. Yes, you can play co-op campaign on Xbox Live and can play death match variations, both which are a must have for new games today. I think its lacking though. I enjoy playing split screen death match and co-op almost as much as system link and XBL. Probably a lot more than others since even with split screen each person has like 18inch their own so that’s a positive. Without that feature though, for my roommates and I we have to have multiple copies to be able to play against or with each other. One of my favorite features with Halo 2 was being able to play co-op all the way through the game, you can do this with Doom3 but has to be over the net. Another down side is only being able to play with a total of 4 players.

Of course the whole reason why I went ahead and got the Collectors Edition was for the extra’s, which include full versions of ultimate doom and doom 2, g4 clips, and artwork. I have already played a co-op on gauntlet and the game play is quite old school, yet just like it was back then. Then with split screen death match (and co-op) the game play is super fast; so fast that it’s almost hard to find the other person(s) sprinting around on the map. Yet, still very fun. Only down side to the classic games is the lack of options, but I can live with that.

All in all, Doom 3 is one of my top games in my opinion. The next time I want to watch a scary movie though, Ill just pop in doom3 instead! Hope every one who gets this game enjoyes it as much as I am.

*if for any reason would like to contact me about this game plese feel free on aim. Screen name is hiddnen*

This post has been edited by hiddnen: Apr 5 2005, 03:37 AM <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 03:22:00 AM »

I only played it on the pc but I had a blast with it <

hiddnen

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 11:27:00 AM »

ya a lot of people were disapointed with the pc game... but mainly because their computer couldnt handle it, so they were playing at slow speeds and with sucky graphics. the box on the other hand... plays it wonderfully! just wish it had split screen so i could play the campaign co-op on the same box! <

ghost_psalm777

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 02:55:00 AM »

I think the game is great so far and don't really mind that there is no split-screen although it would've been nice. Haven't played the pc version myself so I cannot compare the two.

The deathmatch is horrible I think and the co-op is awesome but the only complaint I have is that you cannot change the difficulty. It would be great to play it on Nightmare with your friend.

A friend and myself have played through the co-op once and the second time we started we knew what to expect and when. <

hiddnen

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »

ya i havnet messed with the online co-op or deathmatch yet. i would have to agree though, not being able to change the difficulty would sux cause it would be easy to know where everything is since its all done with hotspots and trip lines in the first place.  i do like how u can choose w/e level u want to play in co-op and dont have to go from start to finish though. still would like a spilt screen though, only thing with that though is it would cut down on the graphics a whole lot.... prolly why they dont have it. <

Doiron

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2005, 08:32:00 AM »

Im pissed that the classics Doom are only available on the CE... mad.gif Would had been fun to get it on every copies!...Guess I'll have to stick with my snes version... mad.gif

godsend3

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 03:55:00 PM »

*spoiler*

The only bad thing about Doom3 is that you are trying to reach delta sqaud (took me forever(on an lame pc that is)) but when you finaly find them they allready dead. WHY???.

Yep, that's the only bad thing about this game

<

hiddnen

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2005, 01:35:00 PM »

if all copies of doom came with the classic doom then what would be the point in buying the collectors edition? it was only 10 extra bucks. <

Doiron

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »

When you live in a shit ass small town in the middle of nowhere and the only copy gets sold five minutes before you get to the store thats when it pisses me off that even with an extra 10 bucks I did not get the CE! grr.gif

jasho

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2005, 09:56:00 AM »

Maybe you should try online ordering...and if you paid the extra $10 and did not get the CE, then you need to get your $10 back. That is not an acceptable business practice to charge for goods and not deliver. If they don't give you compensation, you can actually take legal action...I would just use legal action as a last resort...unfortunately, everything these days come down to legal action.

~Jason <

afokus

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2005, 09:08:00 PM »

I like the game and I never really got into the doom series. I just took a risk and bought it. It's a good game and xbox just proves it will be a force to be reconed with. PEACE!!!!!!! <

Doiron

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 08:37:00 AM »

NO I didn't pay 70 for the regular doom3 I paid 60 like everyone else Im just saying that I had the money but I couldn't get my hand on the CE cause someone snatched it 5 min. before me! And of course the store only had 1 copy of it... mad.gif

deathx88

• Archived User
Doom 3 Ce Ntsc
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2005, 11:36:00 PM »

playing on the xbox felt more comfortable, and seemed more action packed for some reason

but the xbox version cuts out ALOT of stuff, you can tell just in the first level
lots of rooms and people are gone
but it is worth it since the game still kicks ass and all

Doiron, you can still play the classic dooms on your xbox perfectly, check the homebrewed game section for doomx
but you need the .wads of the games
you can basically get all the old dooms for only $10 at wal-mart <