xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Need For Speed Underground 2  (Read 1634 times)

A:I

• Archived User
Need For Speed Underground 2
« on: February 14, 2005, 06:34:00 AM »

Name:need for speed underground 2 ('NFSU2' for short)
publisher: 'EA' games
type: racing

intro:
The big change between this and last years 'NFSU', is the larger, free roaming map. rather than burning from one manic race to another, 'EA' has delivered a sexy, open-ended experience. you choose your car,speed around a neon-lit city,take mobile calls, enter races,make dosh and build up a garage of customised vehicles that even super man would be proud of!!!! while you trawl the city in search for races, you will also discover performance, body,specialilty and graphics shops that let you tinker with anything from weight and transmision to tints and hydrollics.

graphics:
the graphics on this game are amazing!! you can even see reflections of your car. and the smoke from the wheels looks great! the graphic of the modded cars are great, but is wish they put some good graphics into the other cars, such as the inosint people who drive around the city.

sounds:
the music in nfsu2 is realy good and definitly suites he action packed streets of underground 2, you can re-arange sound tracks to suite you, or even turn them off compleately. the sound effects are good as well, you can also turn off certain noise's like the sond of your tires when you skid or the sound of your engine.

Facts:    
. race or roam more than 125 miles of open road.
. eight exciting game modes, including the all new downhill drift, street-x and showcase.
. encounter underground races, secret shpps and unexected challengers.

should i buy it?
if you like adrenalin pumped full action street racing games then this is the game for you!
facts you need to know:

1. larger, more involving fre-roaming struture, as you drive around the city, entering races and earning mat respect.
2. despite the change in struture, the gameplay is still remarkably similar to the first 'need for speed underground.
3.exellent modding experiance as you customise your garage of cars with a hugre selection of licensed and fantasy parts.
4. familiare race events such as drag, sprint,circuits and drifts.
5. very nice night-time visuals, with five parts to the ever evilving bayview city.

summery:
The start is a bit boring (when you buy a standard ride!)
but like the first 'NFSU' the thills of winning and blowing your money away on fast upgrages over powers you and you could sit and play for hours.
i rate this game a 9/10, it is a realy good game yet some aspects of the game lack in realism. but hey, who needs it anyway?

pop.gif  biggrin.gif  beerchug.gif  jester.gif

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 06:59:00 AM »

nice improvement

JWJ

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »

Good job  beerchug.gif

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 11:14:00 AM »

yeah i liked need for speed underground 2 also... but i think the new game thats comming out in may 05 called "Forza Motorsport" is gonna be even better as this game is compared to gran turismo and i have played the demo which u can get on bit torrents (only about 200MB) when u turn off all the auto assists (which is harder and more fun) it feels pretty realistic.

like if u hammer the gas to much around turns u will spin out or u u brake to hard u will lose grip and skid forward.etc. nice realistic feel.

personally i like forza better than gran turismo and i am a pretty big gran turismo fan to.

This post has been edited by ThaCrip: Mar 1 2005, 07:15 PM

mb3k

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2005, 12:58:00 PM »

Agree, I like NFSU2 also.
Pros:
- All the upgrades, parts, accessories
- Open, free feeling of driving around town
- Love the sounds of the BOV's and engines
- Motion blur when you kick in the nitrous ox
- Custom soundtracks

Cons:
- If you play it for long sittings, it gets repetetive
- Stock soundtracks can be boring

mullet0224

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 07:57:00 PM »

I love how much you can customize your cars, endless possibilities :)  The game gets a little repetitive, and I really wish you could customize the soundtrack...

mb3k

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2005, 11:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(mullet0224 @ Mar 4 2005, 07:57 PM)
I love how much you can customize your cars, endless possibilities :)  The game gets a little repetitive, and I really wish you could customize the soundtrack...

Yeah, for some reason when I turn tracks "off" it doesn't save the setting when I play it another time. So I always have to turn tracks off, especially the Snoop Dogg's "Rider's on the Storm", i hate that song.

JohnnyTsunamiq

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 11:20:00 PM »

I actually find that a catchy song. I wonder if Midnight Club 3 DUBs edition would be able to top this game.

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2005, 03:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(ThaCrip @ Mar 1 2005, 07:14 PM)
yeah i liked need for speed underground 2 also... but i think the new game thats comming out in may 05 called "Forza Motorsport" is gonna be even better as this game is compared to gran turismo and i have played the demo which u can get on bit torrents (only about 200MB) when u turn off all the auto assists (which is harder and more fun) it feels pretty realistic.

like if u hammer the gas to much around turns u will spin out or u u brake to hard u will lose grip and skid forward.etc. nice realistic feel.

personally i like forza better than gran turismo and i am a pretty big gran turismo fan to.

have you ever played on 'toca race driver 2'? its very realistic, and you also spin out of controll if you hammer on  the gas.

B)  B)  :D

SpartanMasterChief

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2005, 02:04:00 PM »

The gameplay was pretty good, but the ending was a bit weird and dull.  It also wasn't as challenging as the original NFSU.

Other than that, it is a great game.

Vegita

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 08:29:00 AM »

My peeve about this game was that the physics aren't realistic at all... If they are using real cars then they should try to have it somewhat realstic as well.

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2005, 03:48:00 PM »

biggrin.gif  ive just got 'midnight club3 dub edition'
the after-market parts are endless!
vehicles range from fast imports to luxary sedans
motor bikes to suv's.
if you like NFSU2 then you will like 'midnight club3 dub edition'. pop.gif

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »

P.s

'juiced' is coming out on xbox in the uk on july 6th.
its very simular to NFSU2/midnight club3 dub edition.
it looks really good.
i will report more about the game soon!

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2005, 01:03:00 PM »

Midnight Club 3 is nice because it has better cars and bikes, I wouldn't put Forza or Project Gotham Racing it this class. Forza is just endless and is not a Street Racer it is a Sim like Gran Turismo. I would avoid Top Gear RPM. Man that game fucking blows.

This post has been edited by XBL_SUCKS: May 31 2005, 08:05 PM

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 04:14:00 AM »

ive  got 'juiced' and 'forza'  , both brilliant but forza is just incredible!!

tongue.gif  tongue.gif
Pages: [1] 2