xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Call Of Duty:finest Hour  (Read 1077 times)

SC2

• Archived User
Call Of Duty:finest Hour
« on: December 25, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »

I am in love with this game, it is probably one of the better war games around! Not only am I learning so much about the events of the holocaust but I feel I was a part of the resistance! This game is so realistic it makes me feel fuzy inside, like running through the trenches and all of a sudden a soldier falls from above right in front of you (not alive of course)!
And the variety! Your not just following one soldiers time during the war, you are with several different people from around the world!
The graphics aren't all that great, but they are pretty good. The sound is astounding and the gameplay is nothing short from perfect. I would give this game a 9.9/10. I highly recomend this game.

Merry Xmas!

SC2

This post has been edited by SC2: Dec 25 2004, 08:06 AM <

aqmlswnk

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2004, 01:44:00 AM »

I am in love with this game, it is probably one of the better war games around! Not only am I learning so much about the events of the holocaust but I feel I was a part of the resistance! This game is so realistic it makes me feel fuzy inside, like running through the trenches and all of a sudden a soldier falls from above right in front of you (not alive of course)!
And the variety! Your not just following one soldiers time during the war, you are with several different people from around the world!
The graphics aren't all that great, but they are pretty good. The sound is astounding and the gameplay is nothing short from perfect. I would give this game a 9.9/10. I highly recomend this game.

I have the same Opinion

Merry Xmas!

= <

Helios

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »

I haven't played this game but it looks good. Next time I am at EB I might buy it.  :) <

inVinCiBleGaMa

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2005, 09:28:00 PM »

Graphics are a lil.............. ehhh.... it had to be released for ps2 at the same time so its not THAt great. But its OK. Highlight is Gameplay. Goddamn GREAT. Like ^^ said, u feel like ur part of teh resistance. Almost like theres no controller and ur connected directly to the game. Story is real  nice. sum up... Great  game <

ThaCrip

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 12:37:00 PM »

well here is what i feel... i used to like the "Call Of Duty" games on the PC and the first game on the pc was pretty fun and about 1 expansion pack after that, but after a while i just got tired of the call of duty stuff as i feel it got repetitive.

so basically i dont like call of duty on the xbox much... but for people who never played it... this is probably a pretty solid shooter for a xbox.

me personally i like PC shooters alot better in general cause of the mouse and keyboard, as i feel (atleast for me) the controller handicaps u... main talking about aiming.

just my "opionions" so dont go off on me wink.gif

FoeHammer05

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2005, 10:08:00 PM »

Its MUCH better on the pc, and they have COD 2 coming out in Nov I think. <

poogles

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »

Initially I thought it was good, but the gameplay is repetitive and the tank sections are god-awful. The multiplayer is pretty pants too. Realistic? Are you sure? As far as war games go, it plays more like a Rambo film than a World War II shooter. I also found it hard to get into the storyline. Jumping from characters a la Halo 2 fits well in certain games, but here it does nothing but devoid the player from a sense of character and purpose.

Soundtrack is top-notch though! <

Clay_Trainor

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2005, 02:25:00 PM »

If you want realistic ww2 action play Brothers in Arms.  It puts Call of duty FH to shame.

Altho the call of duty on pc was much better than the xbox one. <

I Want More CowBell

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2005, 04:33:00 PM »

i love this game...in fact i love any war game <

ghwanderer

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2005, 07:42:00 PM »

this thing is a very addictive game.The tank is a btch to drive but other than that my fav war game <

zero G

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 05:36:00 AM »

I hate the fact that you cant change the sounds volume.
I can beraly hear my own weapon, BIA is much better. <

the-stinger

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2005, 07:03:00 AM »

I once want to play a WW simulator where Im the filthy stinky German Nazi <

mcbraders

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2005, 04:34:00 AM »

i dont think its as good as it could have been they changed handling for consoles and i dont like it at all graphics are ok but i think brothers in arms beats this war sim bar quite
a margin laugh.gif

XBL_SUCKS

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2005, 03:45:00 PM »

Finally someone agrees with me on the tank aspect. Other then that the game is good. I wouldn't say it is the best war game ever I would say Metal Gear Solid, Brother in Arms or any Tom Clancy title is alot better and more realisic then this one. I would rent this one first to bad this is in a over crowded genre like street racing.

QUOTE(ghwanderer @ Apr 26 2005, 07:42 PM)
this thing is a very addictive game.The tank is a btch to drive but other than that my fav war game

<

PC509

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2005, 12:02:00 AM »

Is it similar (same levels, etc) as the PC version?

I loved the PC version.

I've been wanting to play this one! <