xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Bmx Xxx  (Read 317 times)

metalhead212

• Archived User
Bmx Xxx
« on: August 17, 2004, 03:02:00 AM »

The first thing I noticed about this game was that once past the fact that in a short while I would be seeing rather nice boobies, the game is pretty decent.

Coming from a strong allegiance for the Tony Hawk titles I really didn't know how I was going to react to a BMX title. It was a little hard at first for me to get my timing down but once I got used to the slightly clunky control it was a breeze after that. Since I really haven't played any other BMX themed games I really cannot compare it to anything. As far as the over all control of the game goes it is pretty decent. To me the time between inputting the command and the command being executed seemed a tiny bit lagged.

The tricks in this game are pretty cool, just like with any type of extreme sports game you have the tricks that are awesome and fetch you the most points, and you have the filler tricks that just fill the spaces in-between the awesome tricks. My favorite part of the game is how the player executes street tricks. It is a smooth transition to and from the street tricks, and it is rather easy to gain control. All you "combo mongers" out there who live only to gather up huge combos, you may want to pass this game up. It is easy to achieve small - medium sized combos, but to get any more is somewhat of a chore. I am not saying it is impossible to get humongous combo scores, i'm just saying the reward is not worth the trouble.

The soundtrack has a pretty decent line-up. If you like rock and rap you should take to this soundtrack pretty nicely. The only huge gripe I have with the soundtrack is that no matter how much I tried to clean the disk the game kept looking the same 4 tracks over and over again. The only way I could hear any of the other stuff is if I listened to it in the options mode. As far as the sound affects go, they are pretty much your run of the mill clangs and bangs.

Visually the game is nice. ItÂ’s not extremely pretty, but it doesn't take away from the game either. The atmosphere and level designs are nice, but in certain sections you kind of have to wonder what the developers were thinking when they thought up each level. The one big gripe I have with the game is the fact that some stages it is very, very easy to pass the whole level and meet all the requirements, but in others it is very time consuming. The worst thing about it is that there is no consistency. The game doesn't start off easy and progress in difficulty. It is random, one level could be easy, and the next insane.

Bottom line, Rent the game, find the code that unlocks all the lovely videos, gawk at the boobies, and try the game out a bit. You might like it, you might not. In the end you get to see some killer racks. I give this game a solid 5. This is one of those games that falls into both the "Crappy" and the "Fun" categories.
 <

whozyodaddy

• Archived User
Bmx Xxx
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 02:14:00 AM »

Code for all videos - "CHAMPAGNE ROOM".

The videos aren't what I expected... half of the vids show (o) (o) biggrin.gif

ziggyzboy

• Archived User
Bmx Xxx
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 04:31:00 AM »

LMFAO hey i get 2 c some killer racks every time i cum home 2 my darling wife or when shes away on buisness the lovely next door neighbours :evil:   <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Bmx Xxx
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 11:06:00 AM »

wow besides halo this is probably the oldest game reviewed on here.  I never played xxx but I did play bmx 2 and it was one of the shittiest games ever to be sold.  it was near impossible to pull off tricks, the physics were horrible, the level designs were ok for the most part but overall it was just a really bad game after you played it for an hour.  Now if it had boobies... that would be a different story.  wink.gif

whozyodaddy

• Archived User
Bmx Xxx
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »

QUOTE (ziggyzboy @ Aug 17 2004, 11:23 AM)
LMFAO hey i get 2 c some killer racks every time i cum home 2 my darling wife or when shes away on buisness the lovely next door neighbours muhaha.gif

Huh? You see your neighbors boobies? ?huhu? uhh.gif