xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Chronicles Of Riddick  (Read 558 times)

riverboy24

• Archived User
Chronicles Of Riddick
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2004, 11:40:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Neeero

• Archived User
Chronicles Of Riddick
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »

I found that one of the best things about Riddick were it's presentation.  There is alot of fiction and reference to the Pitch Black & COTR movie, and anyone who took interest in the setting of the Pitch Black movie might get something extra out of the experience.  All of the voice acting, graphics, and story flow were way above average, and the game felt very movie-like(i understand that vin diesel played a role in the production).  The only negatives were lack of multiplayer, and the length(when it was over, i wanted more).

handydan

• Archived User
Chronicles Of Riddick
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2004, 09:21:00 PM »

This is probably one of the very few instances (for me anyhow) where i hated the movie but loved the game. usually if i hate the movie, i skip the game. but i borrowed my brother's copy just for the hell out of it and i'm loving it. if the movie had been as fun as the game, i would have enjoyed it a lot more.

S1lenT_X

• Archived User
Chronicles Of Riddick
« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »

Awesome game. My review:

Cons.
Too short, i wan't more. Finished it in one day (I was sick.)
Lack of multiplayer, but then again, how could you play that in multiplayer??
This one was my biggest: Lack of stealth possibility in some areas. I love games where stealth is needed. The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay, is one of the best stealth games i have played. However, there were some parts which were extremely difficult to do stealthily. You end up trying again and again and again, until you know exactly how you should do it. I hate that, because it doesn't feel very professional, and i have a thing about playing games really well. But that's probably just me. It may have been better if the "gun-ho" areas, and the "silent but deadly" areas were clearly defined. Such as the pits.

Pros.
Too many to list here.
Great, almost perfect, graphics. Superb environments, and movement.
Awesome sound, especially with surround. And Vin Diesel's voice is really cool.
Very original, with some details which are not seen in other games.
The prison levels actually feel gritty, with lots of swearing, prisoner malice, etc. Very well done atmosphere.
Interesting story line, that gives some background to the other two Riddick movies.
The constant feeling that you are in complete control of your situation, and the awesome feeling of power when you can see in the dark and no-one else can. Vin Diesel, the hunter. Stupid guard: the defenceless prey.

BloodGulch v2.0

• Archived User
Chronicles Of Riddick
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2004, 08:00:00 AM »

user posted imageSTOMPY STOMPY!

lowki

• Archived User
Chronicles Of Riddick
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2004, 10:13:00 AM »

Awsome game!  Great graphics cool atmosphere and best of all co staring xzibit haha.  It was fun as hell to kill xzibit.  On more os a serious note the game does still have its problems.  Some minor glitches in the graphics that have already been mentioned and some parts are streched out to long and they get boring.  The controlls seemed a little hard to pin point  shots not all the time mind you.  Sound was good to.  I'd give this game an 8.5 out of 10

melongstrike

• Archived User
Chronicles Of Riddick
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »

I was glad to be proven wrong.. I thought this game looked weaked in previews but actually playing it swept those premature feelings away. This was easily one of the better xbox titles that came out. Still haven't beaten it yet but it is a great game with few flaws

C o s m o

• Archived User
Chronicles Of Riddick
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2004, 02:04:00 PM »

All that talk about the graphics and it being too short and the game being overall great is right on.  My biggest problem with it was the amount of character movement.  If you play it on a semi-large screen, all the side-to-side movement of Riddick lends itself to motion sickness.
Pages: 1 [2]