xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Red Dead Revolver  (Read 528 times)

MrBones

• Archived User
Red Dead Revolver
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »

Maybe my memory is just serving me wrong, but I don't remember the game being as crisp as those screenshots show it.

shane_is_my_name

• Archived User
Red Dead Revolver
« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2004, 11:05:00 PM »

laugh.gif

inthresh

• Archived User
Red Dead Revolver
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2004, 10:57:00 AM »

good game...8/10

there are 2 reasons it didnt get a 10 out of 10 and for that i took 2 points off.

the first reason being the AI...it can be VERY stupid sometimes.  i was on a boss and was having a heck of a time killing him, and thought that it was cool that it was challenging...and well i was running around and the boss just seemed to get stuck....like he just couldnt move or shoot anymore.  this happened on another boss too.

the other reason is the storyline.  the storyline has a sweet idea...but its VERY repedative....every place you go is the same stuff....

Mockingbird

• Archived User
Red Dead Revolver
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2005, 04:38:00 PM »

Well, what in the world did you think the multiplayer version of a SHOOTING game was going to be about? blink.gif  Shooting, perhaps?

I personally think the multiplayer game is fun. You can play with up to four people, teams or no teams. Kill those who aren't on your team to earn a poker card. There are four different colored cards, and each one does a different thing. For example, the red cards give you new weapons, such as the venomous twin revolvers, ice rifle, fire bow, etc. Yellow cards increase your Dead Eye maximum, and each character does a different thing for their own Dead Eye. Green Cards give you life. Then there's the blue card, but to be honest I'm not quite sure what the blue cards do. I think they boost your weapon power and give you a little life, or something.

There are over twenty different awesome characters you can be, but you have to earn them on the one-player game, along with different levels to play at. It's really fun killing your friends on multiplayer, especially if they're into shooting games.  biggrin.gif

Mockingbird

• Archived User
Red Dead Revolver
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2005, 04:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(MrBones @ Jul 21 2004, 02:47 PM) View Post

Maybe my memory is just serving me wrong, but I don't remember the game being as crisp as those screenshots show it.

No, you're right. The game itself isn't that 'crisp'. My guess is they enhanced it for those photos, unless that is the X-Box version, which is supposed to have a lot better graphics than the PS2 one, though I haven't seen it.

If you're into shooting games and don't mind the fact that its hero is a cowboy, this game is a good buy. It's not new, and I got it for only $17.99. There are only a few things I don't like about it. I think that if you shoot someone in the leg, they should limp, and they don't in this game. You could shoot a baddie twice in the leg and he'll somehow still manage to chase you down anyway. The other thing I don't like is how short it seems one you reach the end. My cousin beat it in less than twelve hours. He enjoyed it so much, though, he's going to buy it for his X-Box. I've beat it twice now and am now attempting to do so again on Hard, and it's still not a bore to me.

If you are considering buying it, do not absorb only the negativities. Sure it has its faults, but what game doesn't? The plot gets a little repetitive at times, but what else can you add to a shooting game besides shooting, killing, and decapitating to make it interesting? The game is rated M for blood and violence, and the occasional profanity, but it's nothing major. The blood comes out in big fake chunks when they do a close-up on someone dying. It's not the most realistic blood, so it's not that bad when you shoot someone in the head and torrents of blood come out in spurts. Plenty to be rated Mature for, though.

mrdan

• Archived User
Red Dead Revolver
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2006, 01:49:00 AM »

This is honestly one of the worst games I've ever played on the box. Great concept, extremely poor execution.

Maybe you could justify renting it, as it won't take you more than a weekend to beat, but I really discourage any sort of support for this game. The gameplay is just awful.
Pages: 1 [2]