xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Psi-ops  (Read 238 times)

Mr. Blonde

• Archived User
Psi-ops
« on: May 29, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

Anyone see this on the Xbox Demo disk this month? It looks and plays awesome. The HAVOK 2 physics engine (same one in HL2) Is in full effect here and looks awesome. The full extent of the fun you can have with this engine and your Psi-Ops powers is seen in something called the Demo Room. Where you can spawn endless supplies of enemies and have endless supplies of items to fuck them over with. From the trusty video game cliche wooden boxes to oil barrels and even, yes you read this right, giant metal wrecking balls. Fun stuff. I also enjoyed the property damage total after every level.LOL

GAMEPLAY/CONTROL
The whole PSi-Ops powers thing takes this game to the next level. You can use Telekensis, Pyrokenisis an as well as Remote Viewing and Mind Control and they all work great. At first I was not a fan of how the controls are laid out (with some of your Psi powers assigned to the dir pad instead of buttons) I quickly grew used to it and was entranced by the gameplay enough to soon forget abou that.

GRAPHICS
The graphics of this game are good. They are not at the Ninja Gaiden character model level but are above one of my recent faves The Suffering.  Although it's a game by Midway alot of the levels and graphics seem an awful like The Hulk game released last year by Vivendi. Good stuff though and not too shabby. However all the animations for your Psi powere are skillfully done and really fun to pull off.

THE STORY
Well it's the Demo so you don't have much to go on. So we shall see

SOUND
Good sound. Nice sound effects and  decent music.

VERDICT

Whoo wee this one is looking good. Let's hope it can live up to all it's hype. And good for Midway to finally break out of the MK-NBA JAM-MK-NBA JAMS cycle. If you want to check out the demo  just head to your local Supermarket. The Mag is 10.00 usd or you can just tear it open and steal the Demo out at your local grocery store. LOL....you freaking Thug!

This post has been edited by Mr. Blonde: May 29 2004, 09:20 PM <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Psi-ops
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2004, 04:19:00 AM »

a demo review... I like it, also this sounds like a great game, I'll have to check it out for myself.  <

Mr. Blonde

• Archived User
Psi-ops
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2004, 10:49:00 AM »

Thanks. I mean hell if they give you a chance to play the game legally before you buy. You should really take. Try it out and let me know what you think DuderMan  <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Psi-ops
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »

Well I've heard alot about this game and I'd like to get some hands on time with it.  As for OXM, I had a subscription  for a year with the demo discs but somewhere around the 8th or 9th month they decided they'll stop sending me the discs, and around the tenth month they decided to stop my subscription all together.  I called them up and got a clueless rep on the other end and because I never cared for the magazine anyway I just gave up.  I wish they would sell the demo discs separately.

This post has been edited by DuDeR MaN: Jun 1 2004, 08:07 PM <

SniperKilla

• Archived User
Psi-ops
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »

the havok physics pwn.. and training room is so entertaining.. i played it for a few hours smile.gif

boxorox

• Archived User
Psi-ops
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »

Me too Sniper.  One of the best demos that's been released IMO.  <

Mr. Blonde

• Archived User
Psi-ops
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 05:28:00 AM »

Well after the Ninja Gaiden Demo of course!  laugh.gif