xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc  (Read 575 times)

EgoX

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »

QUOTE (rgtaa @ Mar 10 2004, 02:39 AM)
 GameSpot    9.4 out of 10
 TeamXBOX       9.6 out of 10  
IGN       9.4 out of 10  
 Gamespy     5 out of 5    
Game Zone      9.5 out of 10
 GamePro       5 out of 5    
 Gamer's Hell        9.3 out of 10  
UGO       A  
 1UP       9 out of 10  

You forget one thing, all those are in it for the money this reviewer isn't. imo this makes his pov more valid than those.

I agree with many of the points in this review but at the same time I can't put this game down so....

Barnolde

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2004, 11:30:00 AM »

QUOTE (Foe-hammer @ Mar 10 2004, 08:58 PM)
Another good, well thought out review from Barnolde.  While I acknowledge his concerns, and agree with him somewhat, these issues he has with NG didn't deter me from how great I thought it was/is.  I rank NG as the second best xbox game to date (with halo being #1), followed by morrowind and KOTOR.  And that says a lot.

Anyway, I may be wrong, but I seriously doubt that the reviewer even finished the entire game (and if he did it was probably with some kind of cheats), because he complains endlessly how difficult it is.  Usually after beating a difficult part all your anger dissipates towards the game, and a great amount of satisfaction and accomplishment sets in.  But not him, he is still bitter about the games difficulty.  While at first it is quite difficult, after you get used to it, and figure out how to use counters consistently, it really isn't all that difficult on the normal mode; no where near as difficult as NES ghost n goblins, or SNES super ghouls n ghosts.

"Another good, well thought out review from Barnolde."

Thanks.

I review for Talk Xbox, and they didn't like the score I gave it either, it was taken down, and replaced with another one: http://talkxbox.com/review67.html

I was told by a co-admin to finish up the review, even though I was not done, and to just get it up on the site quick, because other sites had it, and he admitted he was wrong in rushing me, but my review is not up, even though it's supposed to be our own opinion. Oh well...

I was on Ch. 10 when I wrote it, and now I'm on Ch. 12. I stand by my score, which is "above average", and I feel the game doesn't deserve more than that. I think the difficulty is complained about more, it's actually not that hard, NOWHERE near as hard as Steel Battalion is.

For reference, my top 3 games are Halo, Shenmue II, and Deathrow.

WaRnINg|

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2004, 08:29:00 AM »

QUOTE (rgtaa @ Mar 9 2004, 09:39 PM)
 GameSpot    9.4 out of 10
 TeamXBOX       9.6 out of 10  
IGN       9.4 out of 10  
 Gamespy     5 out of 5    
Game Zone      9.5 out of 10
 GamePro       5 out of 5    
 Gamer's Hell        9.3 out of 10  
UGO       A  
 1UP       9 out of 10  

Thats all i need to hear..
The game is off the hook

pakaveli

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2004, 09:14:00 PM »

biggrin.gif . I wish I could play the old soundtracks while playing this game. But overall, it's a pretty good game.

Barnolde

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

QUOTE (Mega_mil @ Mar 13 2004, 05:55 AM)
Barnolde you like Deathrow.......I played that game and was like this game sucks....lol

I think NG is a much better game that what you give it credit for but to each his own....I personally don't have any problems with the game.  Not the way it controls nor the difficulty.  I think most people think you can play this game mashing on the buttons.....but if you actually have to think and watch how the enemies attack you you will see that they all follow a pattern.........

I like Deathrow, you like NG, could it be.. we have different opinions!?!?!  ohmy.gif  tongue.gif

I tried playing it again last night (Ch. 12) and it's just so dull and boring, so I stopped. I don't think I'll ever beat this game  tongue.gif

Button mashing is fine, I didn't look once at the moves list and I'm almost done with the game. The enemies have patterns and because of the camera, things are harder than they should be, especially with the Ch.2 & Ch. 11 bosses.

Oh well, I don't like it, so I won't play it, it's as simple as that.

GIR6K

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »

sad.gif  damn you evil ninjas ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif  ph34r.gif

Shermanator

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

Helios

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #22 on: March 16, 2004, 03:04:00 AM »

Man Ghouls and Ghosts rocked on the SNES! Me and my old friend Tim used to play that game for ages!.... I think it took us like 10 hours straight to finish the game.... It took ages but we were relieved to finish it..... Anyway back on the topic I have never seen Ninja Gaiden.... As soon as it comes out in Australia I will get a copy.... Lestat was telling me that it is an awesome game so I will take his word for it!

onge

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #23 on: March 16, 2004, 10:32:00 AM »

yes the camera is really really gay.

Something that gets to be a bigger and bigger problem throughout the game, especially at the bosses.

The tanks and helicopter for example.

Barnolde

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #24 on: March 16, 2004, 03:17:00 PM »

QUOTE (donrogelio @ Mar 15 2004, 08:21 AM)
I call this the halo legendary effect. 
A beauty of a game thats hard enough to spank you like a lil punk and make u feel like a loser if you cant beat it. 
Its a shock to most gamers because they'll just pick up a game, down load a trainer or cheat or save, beat the game in an hour with no sweat fustration hard work or curse words and call them selves a l33t or whatever these annoying high schoolers with good computers are calling them selves now a days.
Thats y people hate it,
or love it cause they whiped it with old fashion skill and persistance. 
Its a good game and worth a buy.... end of it.

Unfortunately, I'm not in the majority. I didn't complain about the difficulty. The cheapness (ie, attacking when you're down, like multiple incendiary shurikens thrown at you), the fact that it's a boring game, with a terrible story, and the atrocious camera are the worst parts. And Halo on legendary was pretty easy, compared to something like Steel Battalion, which is the hardest Xbox game I've played to date.

I don't know when I'll beat this game, I just find it so dull and lifeless, that's it's actually a chore to play, but probably like Dead To Rights, I will beat it out of spite. Although I have Breakdown pre-ordered (love the JAP version) and I'll probably get Mafia on Xbox tomorrow as well, so my gaming time will be far away from being concentrated on NG, which I can best describe as average.

Cuz3452

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2004, 12:41:00 PM »

All I have to say is a bit hard but WOWW

addyb

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2004, 01:17:00 AM »

I have read a lot of reviews about this game before i decided to buy it and all i can say is wow, it reminds me so much of metal gear solid (dunno why) i think its great!  I can understand Barnoldes and other users points about the camera movement and other flaws, this too did put me off at first, but after i completed the 1st chapter i had got to grips with it and then i was flying.  It is hard but not rock solid like some people have mentioned. I guess it just varies on different players skills. I found it tough from the get go but after i had got used to timing my attacks and all the different combos i began to float like a butterfly, Sting like a Bee!  Im now on chapter 4 at the moment and have managed master Ninja on all chapters so far (i dont even know what counts towards your ranking?)  I also found the chapter 3 boss a piece of piss compared to the level 2 horse dude, now that did take me a few goes.
All in all im very impressed and cant wait to continue tonight.  Ive only had my xbox a few weeks but out of the 20 odd titles ive played so far this is by far the best.  Whats HALO?   should leave first person shooters for PC.  Give me MOH: Allied Assault or UT any day. Joypads suck for control on them type of games. Always been better with mouse and Keyboard.

Ninja gaiden kicks ass, best game out so far in my opinion!
If your not a serious or experienced gamer then maybe its not for you. but if your a resi evil, syphon filter, metal gear kinda guy then this tops the lot!

drleephd

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2004, 01:06:00 AM »

ph34r.gif

ovejon

• Archived User
Ninja Gaiden - Ntsc
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2004, 05:22:00 AM »

After reading this review I kinda agree with Barnolde.  I kinda feel that many people are sucking up to tecmo and this game becuase its the best game released for xbox since kotor.  I really enjoy playing this game and I think its good, but not excellent like many people lable it.  Personally I would have given it a mid 80's to high 80's but nothing over a 90% for a few flaws that Barnolde mentioned in his review.
Pages: 1 [2]