xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Sonic Heroes  (Read 376 times)

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« on: January 27, 2004, 06:31:00 AM »

TITLE: Sonic Heroes

PUBLISHER: SEGA

DEVELOPER: Sonic Team

DATE RELEASED: 01/2004 ( OUT )

-

Copy from Xbox.com

"
Sonic is speeding off on his biggest adventure yet. And, there's a new gameplay twist: With Sonic Heroes™, you can control Sonic and two of his buddies simultaneously! Use Sonic's speed, Knuckles' power, and Tails' ability to fly to conquer massive worlds.

Team-based gameplay marks the next evolution in Sonic's gaming career, taking platform gaming to a completely new level. Using the three formations and each team member's powerful moves, Sonic and his friends combine forces to battle the ultimate evil.
"
End of copy
-

Everyone who know the old Sonic 1+2 for Dreamcast will have some problems with the new gameplay
you have 4 teams #1 Team Sonic, #2 Team Dark, #3 Team Rose, 4# Team Chaotix.
Every team have his own story, and have different abilitys which you have to use during the game.
The 3d is few bit better and bigger then it was on the DreamCast.
The game have 1 and 2 player mod.
The language is english like in Sonic on the DreamCast.
-

From my point so far the game sux the camera is a bit bad made when you want look around.
Then you walking always in a group and you have to change the leader all the time to make something.
I like that the game is again very big and even bigger the problem is the camera because you lose many enemys from you sight and you have to look for them while the shot on you.
The controls are ok but not good I had many times big problems to do what I want and I lost many rings.
Then there is a other problem when you change from sonic to tails ( you use X,Y,B for a change)
I will try to explane it, you dont have sonic is (X) Tails (Y) Knuckles (B.), because it would make things easy NO always you change the other mate you get a new letter,
this mean when you faling and you want to use Tails to get you to fly up again I hit many times the wrong button becuase Tails changed from (B.) to (X) so what you have to do you have to look on the upper right corner to check who have the button assigned.
But usualy you dont need to use the buttons because the game change self when you have a high Tails change to the leader for a sprint Sonic ....
What is interesting is that you have to get a LEVEL UP for you team mates while you play, this Level up make one of you mates ( the leader who got the level up ) is geting a bit stronger. You also have a special attack.
(The game got something from a RPG.)
-

So I dont realy know what to do, I have play the game now for few days and I still think that I will take it and exchange it to a other game because I dont like it.
Sorry that this is a short review but I cant tell much more because there is nothing to tell.

Graphics 7/10

Gameplay 5/10

Control 7/10

Sound 9/10

(IMG:http://www.xbox.com/media/games/sonicheroes/sim-sonicheroes-010.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.xbox.com/media/games/sonicheroes/sim-sonicheroes-004.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.xbox.com/media/games/sonicheroes/sim-sonicheroes-016.jpg)  <

spicymeatball911

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2004, 05:57:00 PM »

I agree, I just rented it and the game is BOOOORING. So repetitive and unimaginative. The first sonics were cool, these are just do annoying things over an over in an annoying 3d environment. Sorry, this game just sux.  <

--MSG--

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 10:36:00 PM »

I have to strongly agree with both of you.  all my friends had said this game is extremely good but wow when i bought it (cuz of all that hype) i was fuckin dissapointed.  gameplay is very bad, very easy, bland, boring as shit, cheesy.  nothing like the old sonic for sega(i had bought this game cuz gamespot had said this is the closest thing to the 2d sonic).  if you like easy platforms....realll easy this is for you and or ur 4 year old child.

4/10.  i'm very dissapointed. sad.gif

floyd

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 02:46:00 PM »

I wouldn't say this game is awful, but I would much prefer Sonic Adv. 1 or 2 on Dreamcast - games that themselves were flawed in many ways.

The graphics are not much better than the DC games and the levels (at least the ones I reached) are worse.  The whole 'team' mechanic seems like a gimmick and a waste of time.  Just gimme Sonic and get rid of all these other goofs!  Overall a new low point in a historic series.  <

degziebob

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2004, 02:19:00 AM »

it's ok...made be dizzy first time I saw it  blink.gif

..but my kids of 3 & 5 love it to bits.....it is a 3+ game so i aimed at younger folk IMO.

neosnightmare

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2004, 06:24:00 AM »

i think that the game was....ok. i started playing it and then it got REALLY boring after like the first 4-6 hours of play. i got really pissed off when i got stuck in the energy reactor. i think that was the point that i sed to hell with this game and i played vice city (after i threw the controller of course) cussing.gif the only thing that i have left to say is that i feel that the sonic series shouldve stayed 2d.

Dunny

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2004, 08:15:00 AM »

awful game.

Sonic Adventure 2 was much better, this was like a visual demo half the time, just push up and the computer does all the work for you!   <

EgoX

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2004, 03:13:00 PM »

worst of the series.  <

Soulja545

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2004, 07:57:00 AM »

i agree, this game was terrible!! so dissappointed...  <

AnThRaX

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »

My friend likes it. But, when I rented it. It just wasn't my style (type of game I play) I didn't even bother to play for 3 minutes. I just turned it off!  <

vel0city

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »

I can't beleive that sega made such a shit mistake with producing this game. I loved the sonic games from master system through to DC, and now they pull this piece of shit out!
I think i'll stick with my emulators and roms for this series...  <

jesus_clone

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

i agree when i hired this game i was hoping for a good couple of hours of-game play which ended up as about 3/4 of an hour, very disapointing  <

Sir_Vival

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2004, 07:46:00 AM »

I agree with all of you...The is the first sonic game I've ever been disappointed in-I even thought Sonic Shuffle was alright biggrin.gif

The worst thing about this game..Tail's voice...Yup.  Maybe if they took that out it would be bearable...maybe.

Helios

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2004, 02:13:00 AM »

Well I hired this game out and thought it was a waste of 5 bucks.... This game gave me the shits straight away.... absolute shit!.... It is for all the little tackers that have xboxes (10 years and down) lol  <

sulfur

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2004, 07:14:00 AM »

i thought this game was decent. not special. i wish it was better, more like the old school sonic, but its sure better than Batman!  <
Pages: [1] 2