xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Rainbow Six 3  (Read 404 times)

Redsniper5

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« on: January 06, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »

Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3
(IMG:http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2003/all/boxshots2/557004.jpg)

TITLE: Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six 3
PUBLISHER: Ubisoft
DEVELOPER: Ubisoft
DATE RELEASED: October 30, 2003
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 1-?
XBOX SYSTEM LINK: yes, 2-16
XBOX LIVE COMPATABLE: yes
HDTV Support: 480p
5.1 Surround Sound: yes
GENRE: Action
PLATFORM: XBOX, Playstation 2
ESRB: Mature:  Blood, Violence
Retail Price: $49.99

Storyline:  10/10 -
With 14 different levels to play, and 3 difficulty levels to play at, this game makes for a great story.  It all goes in order, with 14 very nicely done levels.  After you finish the game (or before, for that matter), you can do different training levels, such as terrorist hunts.  Extremely Nice.

Graphics:  10/10 -
As soon as i saw this, the first thing i said to my father was WOW.  They are simply stunning.  As one of the members of your team is communicating through their headset, their characters mouth moves.  How cool is that?
With greatly detailed weapons and characters, on top of a very extremely nice level, this makes it better graphics than halo in my opinion.

Sound: 9/10 -
With every weapon having a unique sound,  it makes it extremely realistic with every texture having a different bullet reflecting sound.  Men making realistic sounds as they are shot makes the sound definitely something to be happy about.

Realism: 11/10 -
Good god... the realism of this game earns it an extra point.  Just to name a few things...  If you look into a flashbang grenade head on,  when it goes off, the image you were seeing is burned into your characters eyes for a few seconds, in a white image,  and your ears are ringing, just as in real life.. whereas if you are facing 90 degrees from where it is going off, you will be half blinded for a shorter time and your ears will ring for a short time.
Another is if you go into some tear gas, your character will begin to get tears in his eyes and make your vision blurry.  Thats some of the coolest stuff i've ever experienced in a game.  As i said before, your characters mouths move, which is pimp as hell.  This aspect of the game is just so simply amazing i cannot stress it enough.

Controls: 9/10 -
The controls are great, everything is very easy to use, the only problem is that it is hard to get used to.  They are difficult to explain, but just expect to have to play for about an hour before you get the controls down.

Online Play: 10/10 -
Online play is awesome.. there are many different levels from the campaign that you can play on, in team survival games.  You join either the green team or the red team, and you just face the other team.  This mode is similar to counterstrike online, if you have ever played that.  Very similar.  You can also play missions and terrorist hunts with your buddies.
Friends list is easy to use, communicator is activated.

Overall: 10/10 -
This game has been one of my best buys for xbox yet, if you havent picked it up yet, i recommend you check it out immediately.

~Red

This post has been edited by DuDeR MaN: Jan 22 2004, 03:01 AM <

MagicTorch

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 08:56:00 PM »

QUOTE (Redsniper5 @ Jan 6 2004, 10:58 PM)
The controls are great, everything is very easy to use, the only problem is that it is hard to get used to.

OK...  <

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 10:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (Redsniper5 @ Jan 6 2004, 10:58 PM)
this makes it better graphics than halo in my opinion.

Good review.  I love playing this game over lan.  But i don't think the over all picture quality, graphics, are as good as halo's.  In R63, the characters are quite polygony (if that's even a word), and the texture quality doesn't even compare to halo's; especially when up close.  There is no bumpmapping in R63, and the holes the bullets leave in the walls (environment) look terrible, like someone drew a bullet hole on paper and taped it on the wall.

This post has been edited by Foe-hammer: Jan 8 2004, 06:57 AM <

SYN-SpyDeR

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 01:19:00 AM »

kind of make me laugh...  it is quite realistic yes... but u cannot hit anyone at all while moving, u have to hold completely still to get anykind of accuracy.  even automatic fire should hit something!   wink.gif

Redsniper5

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 11:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (SYN-SpyDeR @ Jan 8 2004, 11:19 AM)
kind of make me laugh...  it is quite realistic yes... but u cannot hit anyone at all while moving, u have to hold completely still to get anykind of accuracy.  even automatic fire should hit something!   ;)

Well, the way the scope works is there is a circle, and your bullets auto target to anything inside the circle.  When your moving, the circle gets smaller.  When your stopped, it gets bigger, and when your crouched, it gets even bigger.  <

steve_o_2903

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

It is quite easy to hit targets while you are moving if you have enough practice at it. As for your review, I would switch out graphics for a 9 and sound for a 10.

Great game, especially online.  <

Lt. DARRYL

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2004, 03:15:00 AM »

This game is way too slow for me.  Its not fast paced enough to trigger adreneline, like Halo does.  This game is just...boring.  wink.gif

Helios

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2004, 05:13:00 AM »

I have been a Rainbow Six fan ever since R6 came out ages ago... I thought this would be heaps good and it was but it was WAY too short for my liking.... I would of liked it to have alot more maps  <

TraZer

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2004, 12:25:00 PM »

Great review!!.... this is absolutely the best game on the XBox in my oppinion!... the graphics are realistic and beautiful with alot of variation, the controlls are amazing and the environment aswell.
even though the game was short I enjoyed every second of it

/TraZer  <

gronne

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2004, 01:46:00 PM »

I think it's a great game. To me it was a little hard to complete any level, but that shouldn't say for the rest of you since I suck at games in general nowadays tongue.gif  But I would never agree it was that good though, at times the AI was just crap, and that disturbs me like hell. The problem having people giving their reviews is the fact that they tend to be... bad. "Man, this game rocked, I have to write about it on the internet", or "This game sucked, everyone must know this" are perhaps the general ways the reviews are up here, and that makes them very unblanced. Most reviews are about good games, and many about bad games, but not many about so-so games.

Redsniper5

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »

Playing online helps you immensely with single player.. if you get used to the controls and get good against other humans, the AI is no challenge.  <

Digi3000

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2004, 03:10:00 PM »

I havnt been able to get into this.  <

blacksonic

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »

when i was playing it; it was hard, but the thing i liked most was to go on live. tongue.gif . Now that was fun biggrin.gif

Redsniper5

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2004, 08:58:00 AM »

Ok, heres how xbox live goes.

Rainbow six 3 on xbox live = counterstrike for PC - lag - hard controls + voice communication (easy anyway)  <

GIR6K

• Archived User
Rainbow Six 3
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »

a superior game, great review.  <
Pages: [1] 2