xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Counter Strike  (Read 325 times)

Videogamebuyer14

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« on: December 31, 2003, 01:17:00 AM »

Counter-Strike
(IMG:http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2003/all/boxshots2/561530.jpg)

TITLE: Counter-Strike
PUBLISHER: MS
DEVELOPER: Vavle Software
DATE RELEASED: November 18, 2003
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 1
XBOX SYSTEM LINK: yes, 2-16
XBOX LIVE COMPATABLE: yes
HDTV Support: 480p
5.1 Surround Sound: yes
GENRE: Action
PLATFORM: XBOX, PC
ESRB: Mature:  Blood,Intense Violence
Retail Price: $49.99

Oh my God, was this a great title to pick up.

Gameplay: Wow, the gameplay is alot of fun, and I'm an FPS junkie, so this was a great title, and made good usage of the FPS engine. (10/10)

Weapon Selections: There's a shitload of weapons and shields to choose from, and the ability to get more and more stuff once you kick more ass. (10/10)

Online Play: You can choose between XBL and System Link, which XBCONNECT jumped on getting support for, and it also has support for the xbox communicator. (9/10)

Realism: The realism of the game is decent, but it's not much to talk about. (7/10)

AI: Okay folks, the AI in this game will anihilate you in a matter of seconds. Seriously, it'll kick your ass. (10/10)

Conculusion: Pick this game up, you'll love it, if you like first person shooters and team play.

This post has been edited by DuDeR MaN: Jan 22 2004, 03:46 AM <

SYN-SpyDeR

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 01:33:00 PM »

i dont think that skill of the bots is based on AI......more on the side of instant reaction and dead accuracy.  they still run into walls, jump 3-5 times to get on crates and stand there  when u throw grenades under them.....but this game is very addictive and fun to paint the walls red (funky chunky red) with..... :D   <

Lt. DARRYL

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2003, 04:35:00 PM »

The contol scheme is alot sloppier than Halo's, the graphics are worse than Halo's, you can't have 16 players on 4 box's.  This game is a mediocre port.  ;)   <

SYN-SpyDeR

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2003, 06:14:00 PM »

lol a bit redundant to compare a 97' game to the likes of halo..  Counterstrike does have a bit of a fun factor though.  but yes halo is far more addictive....possibly past CRACK???   <_<   <

lupes5

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2004, 08:30:00 PM »

i love counter strike.....i jus got the game, and have already spent countless hours playin it on live....the graphics are a bit mediocre....but for me, the fun factor is amazing.... my gamertag is Lupeski if anybody wantz 2 play  <

JFowler

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2004, 12:27:00 AM »

If its anywhere near as good as the PC Version itl be one of the best online games ever, ok so graphically its not top notch but then its gameplay where this game excells, no one moans about the graphics on the pc version..

<_<   <

Lt. DARRYL

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2004, 04:13:00 AM »

I was playing Counter-strike on Xbox Live and then it dawned on me; "I could be playing Halo on the lagtastic XBConnect, fuck this [Counter-strike] I'm going to play some Halo!"  <

max hardcore

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2004, 04:42:00 AM »

Counter Strike  just doesnt do it for me ,I havnt played the pc version (shame on me) so it may be a very accurate port I really dont care ,gameplay wise ? I run around we win or lose I dont quite get what happened and it starts again .......hmmmm ,maybe if it was a bit more shiney graphics wise or something, everthing looks a little blocky I know its old and was probly made to run on some busted ass old P2 but this is an uber console and I wanna be wowed  for my money I want gameplay and fancy effects I want it all for I am the game buying public !You see I  got CS and Rainbowsix at the same time and really for me Rainbow kills it ,hands down ,I dont know weather that is a fair comparison from a historical standpoint .....but like i said i wanted big explosions and shadows and emersion with gameplay and team play . Rainbow kills it hands down  <

thrashev

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2004, 04:49:00 AM »

My main problem with the game is I can play split screen against my friend, how gay is that?  I don't have live and rarely play on xlink/xbc I just play against friends and can't with cs.  Also, bot match for single player is not a good idea for a team based, "strategic" game.  Bots just run around randomly, Unreal Tournament does it better AND looks better too.  <

rgtaa

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2004, 09:57:00 AM »

i too like this game alot because the concept is so simple and basic ... it satisfies a part of me that just wants to go a few rounds and play terrorist .
Sometimes mindless play is cool!
I have rainbow 6 too , and I love the realism in that game more, and it seems like i'm really in a mission in Rainbow 6, whereas I just sit back and play counter stike over and over and over again, keep it simple concept works for me! :)
When I first played Counter Stike  after playing rainbow 6 for 2 weeks , i too thought , this game is too simple and basic, and I surprised myself when I kept going back to it over and over again when I could have played other games like halo, or rainbow6 .
Maybe the 3 minute period a round and the 1 kill concept is what hooked me and I didn't have to worry about SAVING or forgetting where I left off last time I played the game.    <

SYN-SpyDeR

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »

simple and basic is great dont get me wrong, but in my opinion, it gets to repetative.  the only thing that keeps it any good for me now is going all out with the "Deagle"  .     alot of fun.  buts that is  it    :(   <

dir-d un-d

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2004, 03:34:00 PM »

It is a really fun game but it is meant for PC. I still love it though it is better on PC. Great game.  <

--MSG--

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2004, 11:55:00 PM »

QUOTE (JFowler @ Jan 5 2004, 09:16 AM)
If its anywhere near as good as the PC Version itl be one of the best online games ever, ok so graphically its not top notch but then its gameplay where this game excells, no one moans about the graphics on the pc version..

<_<

here's my review on this game.  take this for what's it's worth because me and my friends use to be in the best clan in our state.

i had preordered several copies of this game and have mixed reviews.  the graphics at first i was like what the fucking hell it sucks....and it seems really glitchy cuz if people are far away (especially in aztec) you cant see them worth shit.  WHY?  this is cuz the resolution is based more for the pc.  the new skins and new surroundings are really cool.  now here's the touchy part, the controls.  controls are actually top notch like real cs (you have to practice alot cuz of the recoil) but it's real hard for xbox because of the d-pad.  when they made this game for xb they SHOULD emphasize to get keyboard and mouse as that would be perfect.  if you can play this game on higher resolution and have the keyboard and mouse i'd give it an awesome score.  but because of the drawbacks such as d-pad, graphics on regular tv i would have to give this game a

6/10  <

Helios

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2004, 04:50:00 AM »

I think Counter-Strike is fucked up.... I have only played it like 4 times and that is when I can get my friend and his Xbox over so we can have a system link..... I thikn this game would be good if it had an actual campaign.... No story line in a game pisses me off.... Apart from that it is a pretty good game to have for a system link game...  <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
Counter Strike
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2004, 06:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (Helios @ Mar 7 2004, 08:39 AM)
I think Counter-Strike is fucked up.... I have only played it like 4 times and that is when I can get my friend and his Xbox over so we can have a system link..... I thikn this game would be good if it had an actual campaign.... No story line in a game pisses me off.... Apart from that it is a pretty good game to have for a system link game...

the game was made solely for xbox live play.  the campaigne is basically practice for online.  If you were expecting more from an extremely outdated online port, you should set your hopes lower.  <
Pages: [1] 2