xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc  (Read 322 times)

nemt

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2004, 07:18:00 AM »

If you really care enough about voice acting to ignore extreme load times and hyundai accent style frame rates, you like videogames for the wrong reasons.

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2004, 04:55:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

corkinator

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2004, 03:00:00 AM »

Some games are classics when they come out and are first experienced. Others go even further and stay classics no matter when they are played.
And in relation to that, some gamers cannot enjoy classic games (no matter how great the game is) if they play them late. Shenmue (and to a lesser extent, MGS2 on Xbox) is a very good example.

I've seen a few gamers say 'what's the big deal with this game?' about Shenmue 2. Well firstly, you're playing a game that was released on a lesser quality console and some time ago so the initial wow factor will usually not be there for a remake/re-release.

When I played this when it first came out on DC I thought it was one of, if not the absolute best gaming experiences ever. It was that good. I recently played it on Xbox and still rate it up with the best for sure. I always thought the original was great but 2 was pure gold. It got better and better as the game went on.

There are heaps of things that could be added and some things that could be done better but for what it is and does (especially at the time it was originally released), it is an all-time classic in my mind. Not as much or not as involving gameplay as most games but it's more than just a game. As I said before, it's an experience. Similar to Metal Gear Solid and Final Fantasy games.

For those who don't like it, then fair enough, it's not for everyone. And for those who are quick to bag it without giving it significant time then it's your loss.

Onimu

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »

Any chance the Shenmue III will be release soon. After spend 200+ hr on this game and find out it's ending is married to the girl.
Pages: 1 [2]