xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc  (Read 321 times)

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« on: December 30, 2003, 03:30:00 AM »

TITLE: Schenmue 2

PUBLISHER: SEGA

DEVELOPER: AM2

DATE RELEASED: 03/2003

---------------------------------
Copy from the Sega.com site

Ryo Hazuki's epic adventure is reborn once again as he arrives in the bay of Hong Kong, continuing the quest to avenge his father's murder by the mysterious Lan Di. Determined to unravel the mystery behind the Phoenix mirror, his journey takes him through a 3D world almost three times larger than the original, visiting Taoist temples, magical forests, mountainous wilderness and mysterious caves to name but a few. However, a new navigational system allows you to map out your current location and mark areas you visit for ease of reference. With over 20 more hours game-play included, Shenmue II takes you on a thrilling action adventure of cinematic proportions, full of emotional encounters and spectacular surprises.

End of the Copy from Sega.com
--

Everyone who have own or still own the first part of Shenmue for DC will love the second part.
Everyone who never have play the first part can watch a DVD movie from the first part where you understand the story.
Shenmue is a third person, its true that Shenmue II is bigger and longer than the first episode. Ryo is more realistic but he still move like he habe something inside his butt. There no big change to the DC version only that the game is faster and slowdowns not exist, the picture is a bit more sharp. The interaction with ppl is very good made, and there are about 1000 ppl to which you can talk. The first and second city you visit in the game is very huge,the last part of the game you walk and talk with Shenhua ( the girl from the intro ). But it is not just talking you can look around it start from plain nature with grass to the woods to a walk on the mountains.
The game is just a candy for you eyes.

--

Now a bit to the game play, Shenmue is a RPG but not one like Final Fantasy or the other you know. You have no magic no monsters no team ( later in the game you are team up for some time. )
You have to fight sometimes but it is usualy for defance.
You use no weapons only you hands and lags. You can learn new moves for you fights.
Later in the game you even fight for money. You need like in real live money, you can go work or you go gamble ( the fastest way ). You can go inside a shop,bar to buy a drink food and you can also go and play video games play the music box. Or just walk around and have fun. Late at night you go back to you place to sleep and save.
The game is usualy all the time only a search game you have to look for something ( ppl,names,things ... )

--

My rating is if you like good games and you have time to enjoy a new type of a game with only a bit of action and a very good story Shenmue II is 100% a worth a buy. For these who like to cheat a lot of action should leave the game alone.
I only hope there will be a Shenmue III someday because the game is still not finish.

I have add you some pics from the game that you see how the game play looks like.

(IMG:http://www.xbox.com/media/games/shenmue2/sim-shenmue2-0005.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.xbox.com/media/games/shenmue2/sim-shenmue2-0012.jpg)
(IMG:http://www.xbox.com/media/games/shenmue2/sim-shenmue2-0015.jpg)

This post has been edited by FawnTheGuyver: Dec 31 2003, 09:26 AM <

eumel

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 05:05:00 PM »

Is there a chance that the first part from the dreamcast gets rereleased for the xbox?
It isnt so good to follow the story without knowing first part i think :/  <

GIANTnewb

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 05:22:00 PM »

No the first part wont be released for Xbox, and i thought i would jsut add the battle system is very simulaur to Virtua Fighter, and the game has many of gameplay elements, lots of minigames in the game. and Shenmue II (for Xbox) comes with a DVD that is a overlook of the whole first game, its about an hour long, little boring but you can skim forward some parts.

FawnTheGuyver:
nice review  <

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2004, 01:00:00 AM »

Yeah like I have say the the Xbox version come with the video of the first part then you understand the story. I have play Shenmue already 3 times
1st.  very fast took me about 3-4 days ( I working so no siting untill morning )
2nd. slow to talk with more ppl to get mor social contact.
3th. very slow with the official shenmue II book( but I still have miss some parts of the game )

I love this game and when I have some time again I will play it again.  <

Onslaught_X

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2004, 04:18:00 PM »

The First Shenmue game will be released along with the 2nd one when the 3rd Shenmue releases (a rumor).

But, there WILL be a third Shenmue because it has been confirmed and it WILL be the last in its trilogy.   <

insertjokehere

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 09:36:00 AM »

The First Shenmue game will be released along with the 2nd one when the 3rd Shenmue releases (a rumor).

But, there WILL be a third Shenmue because it has been confirmed and it WILL be the last in its trilogy.

Check http://planetxbox.com/shenmuedojo/
they filter out all the rumors, SEGA is changing a lot right now (Studios cahnging, bosses etc) so it will be a while before there will be any concrete news.

As for it being rerelased. I would say get a Dreamcast and get Shenmue 1, they are going really cheap at the moment now, and it is the way it should be played, loading times, slowdowns and all the lovelyness that goes with it. I would also recommend getting Shenmue 2 for the DC (Euro Version) as it is Japanese subtitled, making the game have a far more effective narrative than the inadaquate English voice acting

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 06:39:00 AM »

Thanks for you Post I have wait for someone who tell me that more shenmue will be released.
Btw Shenmue1 have not that much slowdowns.
And to tell the true I had problmes with the Japanese language in der DC version of Shenmue 2
the dub was for me a bit flat/boring the english dub is a bit better. But everyone have a other taste. Dont get me wrong I like Japanese the language is cool but for this game I prefer english.
 <

Gman13

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2004, 11:34:00 AM »

screw the xbox version, get the dreamcast version! (import, or download) laugh.gif

Now im not saying xbox is bad or anything, but shenmue II was made for Dreamcast.

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2004, 12:40:00 AM »

I have the Shenmue I+II version for DC but I like the Xbox version more no low frame rate, no disk change. I´m only happy that Sega have not convert the game to PS2 then it would sux  <

No.1 G

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2004, 01:45:00 AM »

My Dreamcast died, I really need to get another one just for that game but can't find any  <

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2004, 02:41:00 AM »

Try ebay there are a lot  <

nemt

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2004, 04:45:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gman13 @ Jan 29 2004, 04:34 PM)
screw the xbox version, get the dreamcast version! (import, or download) laugh.gif

Now im not saying xbox is bad or anything, but shenmue II was made for Dreamcast.

Yes, which would explain the snail-frame rate, and the extreme load times.

Now im not saying dreamcast is bad or anything, but videogames were made for xbox.

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2004, 05:15:00 AM »

Ow ...

I have a PS1 ; DC ; GC ; XB

and I like them all the DreamCast is a good console and the loading time was not that bad for a game like this.
I still play some of my games which I got from Ebay for the DC ( where else you get a DC game for 2 bugs )

This post has been edited by FawnTheGuyver: Feb 7 2004, 01:15 PM <

nemt

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »

I love the dreamcast, but given the choice between DC and Xbox versions, I couldn't imagine choosing DC for any reason.  <

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
Shenmue II , Pal & Ntsc
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2004, 08:13:00 AM »

The only reson is the other language. From Gameplay it is the same ( I not talk about frame drops )  <
Pages: [1] 2