xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Deus Ex 2: Invisible War Ntsc  (Read 165 times)

nothingisttrue

• Archived User
Deus Ex 2: Invisible War Ntsc
« on: December 23, 2003, 03:38:00 AM »

·   TITLE: Deus Ex 2: Invisible War
·   PUBLISHER: eidos
·   DEVELOPER: ion storm
·   DATE RELEASED: December 03

·GAMEPLAY:   First off as far as game play goes its much like the first deus ex basically a kind of linear first person rpg with stealth dungeon crawls set in a grim sci fi environment. Its kind of slow paced and the frame rates bad to the point that there’s hidden comments from the developers making fun of the poor framerate.the inventory system and biomod system are watered down from the original deus ex but it doesn’t detract much from the gameplay.you cant go through run and gun halo style but still doesn’t force you into playing it stealthy (I hated splinter cell cuz of that). The game was developed with the help of warren spector the guy behind other great fps rpg's such as system shock and ultima underworld if your a warren spector fan you wont be disappointed.
SOUND:  As for the sound the voice acting is dead on and probably the best I heard in a game since final fantasy x but then again I have been playing allot of dream cast games  rotfl.gif each weapon has a distinct sound to it even different when you mod the weapon not like most fps games where it sounds like the same shotgun sound effect in every game.
MUSIC:The music though there’s music in the title screen I got too involved in it to really remembers any music. First Deus ex had some cool music this one lacks in that department though.
CONTROLLS: The controls are simple pretty much like halo with an inventory system and a talk button.
STORY: As far as story goes its a great story I wont give any spoilers but if you haven’t played the first deus ex you'll be left behind and confused it relies heavily on the plot of the first one. The first Deus ex though I felt had a better story your either terrorist or unatco the lines are blurred in this sequel. I remember getting sick of the government good guy missions in deus ex 1 and killing off all the unatco guys and having fbi guys bust into the apartment building and stick me in jail that was great.
·   Buy or Rent:
·   I think people should buy this game because it's so great, however if you’re skeptical you should probably rent it first. But if you’re a fan of the original Deus Ex you should most definitely but it. In closing buy this game it rules
user posted imageuser posted image

Megadeth

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2003, 04:08:00 PM »

Nice review. I like the fact that you added some screens to the review as well. I think I'll try out this game because you were honest about your review of the game and the pointed out the issues the game has. Hopefully you'll be doing other game reviews with screenshots and everything.

This post has been edited by Megadeth: Dec 25 2003, 12:09 AM

nothingisttrue

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2003, 04:44:00 PM »

thank you for your appreciation.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2003, 08:52:00 PM »

Good review smile.gif, but try breaking up your review into subgroups of graphics, control, sound, etc.  It's more reader friendly that way.  Take a look at duder man's review for some pointers.  Don't take this the wrong way, just some advice, your thoughts and time spent are appreciated.

thomes08

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2003, 08:09:00 PM »

thanks man i'll check it out!!

thomes08

nothingisttrue

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2003, 07:07:00 AM »

it is . i just didnt break it up and seperate it .