xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time - Ntsc  (Read 209 times)

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
Prince Of Persia: Sands Of Time - Ntsc
« on: January 02, 2004, 01:05:00 AM »

thanks for the review I have make me to buy the game :-)  <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2004, 06:26:00 AM »

Overall, a great game, one that you should rent/borrow and play non-stop til you finish it.

so I guess buying it is out of the question? lol

I played the demo of this before it was released awhile back from the oxm disc.  I wasn't impressed but since it's release I've seen crazy reviews about it, I have yet to see it score under 9/10 which is incredible.  Even on g4 (video game channel on digital cable and satelite) on the show judgement day both hosts gave the game a perfect 10 which they never did before.  Guess I'll need to pick this one up.  <

xbox4lf

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »

and if you buy it now...

even if you already own Splinter Cell it is good trade bait here!

This post has been edited by xbox4lf: Jan 4 2004, 08:16 PM <

Whipshock

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2004, 10:48:00 AM »

This is the first game I played on my XBOX and I think its one of my alltime favorites
If you like a good adventure/puzzle game this game is simply amazing  <

Lt. DARRYL

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2004, 04:15:00 AM »

This game is definetely NOT a buy, but it is a rent or a borrow for sure.    <

Yuyu

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »

This game is a definite BUY IT.... Renting it will leave you with late charges, as you will want to play it longer than the time allotted when renting....

The review in the first post is right on target, and the fact that the other two games are in there is a BONUS...  <

Nathan561

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 10:17:00 AM »

It is the best platform game i have ever played hands down, no question about it.  <

dreamcast2001

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2004, 02:45:00 AM »

ITS A MUST HAVE GAME DONT RENT IT BUY IT!!! 9.5/10  <

hockeyguy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2004, 03:37:00 AM »

I have to say this is definitely one of the most addictive games I have ever played, and probably definitely one of my favorite.  Its a game you can play for 15-30 minutes at a time, but you may find the time passes much more quickly.  Have not yet finished the game, but at about 55% into it and only played it for two days, as mentioned above a barrow/rent may be the way to go.  I am sure we can expect yet another sequel here.
 <

abhic

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2004, 01:53:00 AM »

This game kicks ass. One of the best looking games for sure, pushing the Xbox's engine. I definitely think this is a buy. Well at least I bought it.  <

hockeyguy

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2004, 05:30:00 PM »

I have finished the game and I must say once again that this game has some great game-play mechanics and stunning graphics.  By far one of my favorites, however since I have beaten it I have not gone back to it.  And I was never interested in the originals.  I would say rent it for a week and beat it, otherwise buy it used or wait till it makes the greatest hits games.

This post has been edited by hockeyguy: Feb 18 2004, 01:32 AM <

logan5

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2003, 10:07:00 AM »

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
(IMG:http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2003/all/boxshots2/589719.jpg)

TITLE: Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
PUBLISHER: Ubisoft
DEVELOPER: Ubisoft
DATE RELEASED: November 12, 2003
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 1
XBOX SYSTEM LINK: No
XBOX LIVE COMPATABLE: No
HDTV Support: 480p
5.1 Surround Sound: yes
GENRE: Action/Adventure
PLATFORM: XBOX, Playstation 2, GameCube, PC
ESRB: Teen
Retail Price: $49.99

Overall, a great game, one that you should rent/borrow and play non-stop til you finish it.

This is a third person adventure game, with about 60% puzzles / %40 combat. Puzzles including all that awesome jumping and swinging around that you need to do.

The Controls:
The controls are the typical left stick moves, right stick views (changes camera angle).

White/black changes camera perspective to Scene, and first person, respectively, and both are very useful and very cool parts of the game. You will need to learn to change your perspective to see the scenery properly. (That and hitting the Scene perspective to admire the graphics is a good move.)

The first thing that you will notice is the amazing graphics and scenery from Persia. Often times during the game I had to stop and just admire the view. They really outdid themselves. Really. The game is worth getting for this alone, but it has so much more to offer.

Another very awesome part of the game is the movement. You can run along walls, up walls, swing from trapeze, climb ledges, scale along walls by your hands, leap from wall to wall. So many times in other games I came to a point and said, 'Why can't I just climb that fence, or jump down the wall, it doesn't look that far', well here you can. You can jump down almost anything.

Something very new they added to my delight was the 'Sands of Time'. You can rewind the game (up to about 10 seconds) when your dagger is charged up. This makes it easier to try things that result in your death, and makes combat (which is always about 10 or 20 to 1) possible too. Other powers of the Dagger let you slow down time (which looks damn cool), and freeze enemies.

Combat is awesome. Not too crazy difficult, not too easy, and very entertaining. The moves Prince pulls off are amazing-looking. He has alot of special maneauvers that are easy to pull off, and even in regular attacks he pulls off sweet-looking maneauvers. Firing yourself off walls, running up an opponent, leaping over his head and killing him on the downswing is just pure killing glee, and they do cut-scene slow-mo's at times too which makes it even cooler. (and the cut scene slow-motion is smart, too. After the first few times it decreases in frequency so you don't get annoyed).

After you kill an enemy with your sword you have to suck out his soul with your dagger. This charges the dagger, but more importantly adds another level to combat. Killing the enemies is not good enough anymore, you have to suck their soul, and you are temporarily vulnerable during that time, so you need to keep your wits about you as well.

The puzzles are fun and not terribly difficult, the voices are excellent, and the story is good, if short.

The game overall isn't very difficult, I finished it in under 12 hours. However that is some of the best 12 hours I have ever spent.

The downsides: The only thing that got me annoyed with this game is the same thing that gets me annoyed with any 3rd person fighting game. The camera autoshifts to what it thinks is proper perspective and often that is a flawed view. You can easily fix it with your controller, but still, annoyances.

Because of the short nature of the game, I suggest renting/borrowing. But definiately get it. You will not be disappointed.

Overall: 9.2/10

This post has been edited by DuDeR MaN: Jan 24 2004, 04:40 AM

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2003, 03:54:00 AM »

Great Review
Exactly what i thought, i am 33% in and enjoying this immensley up to this stage, I think a great feature you failed to mention though is the fact the other 2 games can be unlocked, these are the 2 games that got me into gaming when i was like 6  laugh.gif These 2 games were my favourite's before this but this is just a new level of gaming now... hopefully we will see many sequels!
The puzzles in the game are good as you have to use your brain but i am sure you could also just spend 30mins chancing it and eventually you could do them so that is good too!

frozen lake

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2003, 07:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Dec 23 2003, 01:54 PM)
I think a great feature you failed to mention though is the fact the other 2 games can be unlocked,

eh?
HOW!!!???

chilin_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2003, 08:23:00 AM »

QUOTE (frozen lake @ Dec 23 2003, 03:58 PM)
QUOTE (chilin_dude @ Dec 23 2003, 01:54 PM)
I think a great feature you failed to mention though is the fact the other 2 games can be unlocked,

eh?
HOW!!!???

Complete the game then go to extra features and select them,
or simply put the disk in when media x menu is running (as an app or dash) and load either of the 3 games without completing the game!