xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun (pal)  (Read 229 times)

RiotAct

• Archived User
Medal Of Honor: Rising Sun (pal)
« on: June 01, 2004, 02:29:00 AM »

Great fun game especially 2 player coop. I wouldn't have rated it so highly though simply because there are so many glitches. Did EA rush it's release or something? For example there are a few spots where u have a perfect shot of an enemy but your bullets seem to be hitting something when nothings there, or when crates are hanging in mid air? Some of the physics are out but it's still a really fun game. Prabably the best 2 player coop I have played.  <

vel0city

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2004, 02:55:00 AM »

One of the biggest letdowns ever. The graphics are dodge, the gameplay becomes pathetic after the first level of pearl harbour.
Although I gotta say it did have a decent 2 player Co-Op, nice sub-objectives in levels
 <

Helios

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 01:47:00 AM »

To easy if you ask me.... I think that Frontline was harder.... I was very dissapointed about this game.... ohh well maybe next time they will make a better medal of honor  <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2004, 08:48:00 AM »

I enjoyed frontline better myself.  Anyway the Medal of Honor Series is pretty much dead, the developers went to work on Call of Duty and from what I've seen it's a better series anyway.  <

crazzyassblood

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 01:12:00 AM »

This is game is verrry easy... to easy in the co op ..  <

trigger_

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 01:46:00 AM »

this game sucks ass  big time!  <

deathx88

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 01:06:00 PM »

i don't think that this game was THAT bad, i love FPS games, no matter what they are. just going around shooting people is my kind of thing

though true this game wasn't as good as the others, i actually think that the very first one is the best, and in this game i was let down by the ending
also in multiplayer the screen seemed a little wide, or maybe i don't know exactly what im talking about but the display was a little weird, the perspective was off or something like that
display just seemed weird, as i said already  <

death_driver_911

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 10:30:00 PM »

for me it was a 8/10  <

Gerjan

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2003, 12:42:00 AM »

TITLE: Medal of Honor: Rising Sun
PUBLISHER: Electronic Arts
DEVELOPER: Electronic Arts
DATE RELEASED: 11/11/2003
NUMBER OF PLAYERS: 1-2 for Campaign(co-op), 1-4 for DM/TDM splitscreen-with up to 4 bots.
XBOX SYSTEM LINK: -
XBOX LIVE COMPATABLE: -
GENRE: Action
ESRB: RP: Game contains depictions of violence (Content Suitable for ages 12 and up)
Retail Price: €54.99 (in Holland)

Introduction

You start at Pearl Harbor, right in the action, your ship has been bombed bij de JAP suïcide pilots and you have to fight youre way out of the sinking ship. You get dropped in a little boat behind a machine gun and starts shooting the airplains, there are thousands, it is impossible. But you get out of it alive. The it really starts. After a while you get dropped in the jungle where suicide japanese attack you with their guns and swords.

Graphics: 8,6/10 - they look good

The graphics look good, in game movies sometimes got framedrops. Also real historical movies (b&w).

Sound: 9/10

The sound is great, here I have no real complaints. The ambient sounds fit the environments, and the music fits the mood/action. Also the sound uses dolby pro logic II and is optimized for THX

Gameplay: 8/10

It's an FPS, controls are easy to learn (almost the same like any other fps) Aiming needs a bit learning, but you get used to it. The ambience is really stressfull, enemy pop out of the ground and out of trees. They are everywhere, they can see you, you can't see them.
There are a lot of fun parts in the game, such as riding a elephant with a machine gun on it. Blowing up the bridge over the river kwai!!
Some levels have a bit to long of the same.

Replayability: 8/10

Multiplayer

Co-op mode for singleplayer and multiplayer up to 4 players splitscreen(+ up to 4 bots)
No live:(
Cool multiplayer maps. fast action.

Only campaign is a bit short, with a bad ending:( end levels bit more of the same, and sometimes ai is strange.

Overall 8.5/10 - Nice fps title, with fun co-op multiplayer and dm If you like moh, you'll like this, if you like WWII games, you'll like this. YOU WILL LIKE IT

Too bad it hasn't got live support.

Set for the first time in the Pacific Theatre of Operations from 1941-1944, Medal of Honor Rising Sun gives players a sense of the courage it took to fight the Japanese Army throughout the Pacific Theatre. Players will assume the role of Marine Corporal Joseph Griffin, as he survives the attack on Pearl Harbor, then joins the battle against the Japanese in the Philippines, Guadalcanal, Singapore and Burma. Joined by a variety of soldiers and armed with an array of authentic weapons, it’s up to players to stop the Japanese war machine in its tracks. Players can team up with a friend in the all-new co-op multiplayer mode or battle online against up to eight players on PlayStation 2 Online

Excuse my english

This post has been edited by Gerjan: Dec 6 2003, 12:34 PM