xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Ntsc  (Read 208 times)

warrior_ffs

• Archived User
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance, Ntsc
« on: February 08, 2004, 10:37:00 PM »

I love this game! I am yet to open all the koffins but I will soon enough. I am doing my 2nd konquest and am almost done.
I will be buying Mk6 for certain. :)   <

infamousmob

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 12:22:00 PM »

Great review man, I love this game. When I was in Korea we used to always get drunk and we would play this game for hours at a time. Its a blast  <

P@nz3R

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 03:52:00 PM »

great review.  he game had WAY too much blood though!!!  lol.   characters Bled gallons  HAHAHAH.   laugh.gif

FawnTheGuyver

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2004, 05:00:00 AM »

The Game is cool not to fast not to slow ( have hate the 2D the comp was a way to fast ) And I can finaly make some fatalitie ( have always brake my finger on the other MKs )

BTW: cool review rolleyes.gif

omegajedi

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 02:10:00 PM »

6 out of 10...and I even gave it extra points for all the blood.  <

--MSG--

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2004, 02:47:00 AM »

ok since this is a fighter this is definitely a review i need to make.

i've been playin MK since beginning and when it evovled to the combo strings on mk3/umk3/trilogy the game was excellent.  when it went to DA wow i really think it lacks in alot of areas.  first off the 3d graphics is awesome and top notch imo but the controls are sluggish.  and if you jump it's llike the floor is stuck on you and pulls you down.  ever notice that you can barely jump over a fireball if you even can?  and 1 fatality is kinda cheap.  the way they did the game is innovative the different fighting styles.  the downfall is that the weapons are rediculous and can be abusive.  the range can be basicly full screen on certain weapons and you can impale them.  cheap.  because of the long range the weapons can go this game basicly turned into a game of who can poke who first and have good defense.

the engine of this game is flawed such as the jumping and also in a short few weeks people already found easy infinites in this game *infinites=basic moves that string and juggle ur opponent to death and they cant do anything about it.

i give this game 5/10  <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2004, 07:35:00 PM »

well the new game coming out sounds like it wil improve on those faults and make the game more true to the originals.  <

Helios

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2004, 04:56:00 AM »

Well MKDA was the first fighting game I played on the Xbox.... It kicks ass! It does take a while to get used to the controls but then again every fighter game takes a while to get used to..... I have finished everything in this game and have unlocked 3/4 of the krypt..... Anyway MKDA is the best MK apart from MK3.... MK4 sucked so much....  <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2004, 06:39:00 PM »

QUOTE (Helios @ Mar 7 2004, 08:45 AM)
Well MKDA was the first fighting game I played on the Xbox.... It kicks ass! It does take a while to get used to the controls but then again every fighter game takes a while to get used to..... I have finished everything in this game and have unlocked 3/4 of the krypt..... Anyway MKDA is the best MK apart from MK3.... MK4 sucked so much....

I agree mk3 kicked ass and is stil probably my favorate but alliance is a great game and I also liked trilogy/  <

darth_jarret

• Recovered User
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 12:28:00 PM »

QUOTE (DuDeR MaN @ Mar 8 2004, 03:28 AM)
QUOTE (Helios @ Mar 7 2004, 08:45 AM)
Well MKDA was the first fighting game I played on the Xbox.... It kicks ass! It does take a while to get used to the controls but then again every fighter game takes a while to get used to..... I have finished everything in this game and have unlocked 3/4 of the krypt..... Anyway MKDA is the best MK apart from MK3.... MK4 sucked so much....

I agree mk3 kicked ass and is stil probably my favorate but alliance is a great game and I also liked trilogy/

Mk3 was gay compared to triligy on the psx. trilogy had a ton of characters including Rayden and goro and Mr. Kahn, Every cahracter (even the bossess) where playable.

If you are going to stick w/ MK3 at least say Ultimate MK3.  As for MKDA I think the game is great except for the weapons, if you want to play with weaps by SC2.

darth  <

esc1

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2004, 11:22:00 PM »

Well I've always loved MK.  Only gripes in this one is the returnin shang shung and the other vilian from MK4.  Also, the fatalities were weak.  Other than that its good fun MK style.  <

wosserd

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2003, 07:44:00 PM »

TITLE: Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance

PUBLISHER: Midway

DEVELOPER: Midway

DATE RELEASED: November 18, 2002

One of the best arcade games come back, and is the 5 MK version which includes  several novitiates that can be you enter in a new and fantastic world of amazing characteristics for you, this release can be placed as a new game compared with all the saga of MK, one of the some things that conserves in this new chapter is the high level of violence a similar characteristic of this mystic saga.

Each combat  converts in a authentic recital of amounts of blood, broken bones and knock of all types, the culminate point of this game is the popular fatalities; that special movements that finish  of a touch and with an important charge of black humor with the life of your rival.

CHARACTERS

Here a lot of news, of course the traditional  veteran fighters still in the saga but exists 8 new characters that are appointed to this kombat . This is amazing you can control 21 characters and only 12 are selectable at  the start of the game. To the rest of characters you can buy they in a new and friendly shop with the help of  bonus game and other important things that will be explained later

MODES

The new battles modes are really the best, this time MK includes the most large mode, funny an enjoyable  that can wrap to you, and if you want to complete the whole game you should stay playing a large time, the most and new interesting mode include is the Konquest mode, here you must complete around 200 missions, and at the time you are playing you can learn how this new release of MK work, like combos, specials moves and other things that make this game unique also this mode work like a useful tutorial if you are novice and want to be an expert on this Deadly Alliance.

THE NEW BATTLE MODE

The most important feature that make the best arcade battle game I had ever seen is the battle style where you can choose 3 different styles with any character and one of them can fit on you , and you can do impressive combos while you change of style, that changes of styles and with a correct sequence of moves the combo can carry 10 or 12  knocks of all types. This styles are related with martial arts like Judo, Muay, Thai and Baji. This styles wrap to you in entertained and original battle and should be you playing hours and hours, something very special of this battles styles is that each style have their own combo moves and if you want the best combo you can combine between this three styles and make a impressive combo but the hard of this arrive here, you must learn the styles with each character and improve your abilities in the game, this process probably take weeks to learn but when you have done this and you convert in a good opponent you won’t be satisfied because  is time to unlock the extra items in the game and play more and more.

SCENARIOS

The variety of scenarios and the quality of them are excellent, there are 20 variety of scenarios each of them has impressive designs, some of them includes statues, rocks and other things that make the scenarios really attractive and  softly to play the game.

THE KRYPT

A special characteristic that own Deadly Alliance is that you can buy arenas, characters, clothes, and a lot of things. If you want to buy all the items you should play a really long time because in the Krypt exists 676 boxes where you can find interesting things that will make the game more attractive to you, you can buy all the items but there is a prize for that you must own the money winning bonus game, finish your opponent, completing the konquest mode and you can repeat the process the times that you want to have more and more coins.

BONUS GAME

There are two bonus games. Where you can win coins to buy new item in the krypt section, at the begging of the bonus games it  will be very easy, but later you will be in a serious problem because the difficult won’t be the same.

GRAPHICS

A good work on it, around 20 different scenarios with several details and the characters have the best mobility that make the game very playable.
The scenarios are the best, they have filled with the minimum details that combines with the battles, and creates an ambient of suspense.

SOUND

The sound of the game has the quality that this game is made and the music improve good the action .

PLAYABILITY

The game has an excellent playability, when you dominates this new battle mode of MK you will be surprised because this is really fantastic and awesome, with the knocks, swords and other things that make an interesting game, but the most important thing here is that if you are a novice only follow the tutorial in konquest mode and complete all the instructions, after you have done this you will control all the movements of your character or characters if you have a good memory and easily kill your opponent with a smart victory.

CONCLUSION

I like this game and I expect that the saga of Mortal Kombat never dies, this is the most and incredible game that completes just everything that a gamer would want. The new characteristics that includes Deadly Alliance are the most controversial and interesting .

POSITIVE

*Different styles of battle that have each character that makes the game really impressive.

*The Konquest Mode

*The Krypt.

*The high-quality of the graphics that make a full enjoyable game. Each combat is a impressive spectacle.

NEGATIVE

*Only one thing, each character only have one fatality this is not bad but 2 fatalities will be the best.

Score: 9.5 out of 10.

dingnecros

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2003, 11:06:00 AM »

well I was certainly disappinted with this game I have been a great fan of the MK series (I bought my sega just coz i cud play MK1) but ever since they went to 3d model (ever since mk4) the gameplay has become confusing and controls take a looooooooottttttttt of time getting used to. Also with MKDA the graphis are reallllllly cheesy and bad when compared to games like Soul Calibur 2. As for the gameplay  I had more fun playing Capcom Vs. SNK Eo than MK:DA. All in all very disappointing spcially for a great game like MK. The Krypt and all the extra content is good but then I didnt buy the game just for that.

The developers put in a lot of effort into the game but the result is just not there
Oh well I can at least play the older versions with neogenesis.