xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Elder Scrolls Iii: Morrowind  (Read 731 times)

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
Elder Scrolls Iii: Morrowind
« on: December 31, 2003, 02:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (Foe-hammer @ Dec 28 2003, 07:49 AM)
I just picked up the "game of the year edition", and have not had any of the said problems that i did have with the first morrowind.  So, picking up the game of the year edition is highly recommened.

I've been playing the game of the year addition off the hard drive this time around, if that makes any difference.

Lt. DARRYL

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2003, 03:22:00 PM »

Morrowind is a great game.  It certainly revolutionized the console RPG genre.  Obviously Everquest for the PC is similar but Everquest is an MMORPG, not an RPG--for those of you who didn't know.

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2004, 05:54:00 PM »

well maybe if morrowind charged $20 a month to play their game it may be better.  I gotta say that galaxies has great potential but it's not that great yet.  You need a super computer to get no or little lag and last I heard lots of gameplay elements such as vehicles and becoming a jedi weren't activated yet.

ChrisF

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2004, 11:33:00 AM »

(Probably if you add up all the god damn text it would be like reading a 400 page book)

Yeah - the dialogue can suck, especially when you start out and don't know who's important and what people have to say.  Try reading all the damn books in the game - unbelievable the amount of effort the devs put in.  Some people collect them and build a library.  Particularly the rare books.

Fighting Most Horible Melee Fighting ive ever seen, you go up to the guy and its Chop Chop Chop Chop the exact same Animation Loops on and on no side attacks, no Head attacks just lifting the sword up and releasing down

Not sure if you are aware of it but there are two other attacks - slash and thrust.  Each melee weapon has a different profile for damage depending upon the attack used.  Chop is the default but hold the joystick to the side (slash) or forward (thrust) and using the attack button.  There is also an option for the Xbox to default to a particular weapon's best attack regardless.  Maybe experiement and see if this option was checked which would keep you from noticing the others available.

level Design is HORRIBLE the Citys Look Pretty Decent but pretty much the exact same
The Enviorments loook exactly the same just Dirt. you cant tell if your on one side of the island or the other

So you are telling me Ebonheart looks like Vos/Tel Vos?  One is built into giant trees like some fantasy novel while the other is classic middle ages.  Vivec is made up of floating platforms that house different sections/cantons.  Most of the cities match the architecture of a particular ruling house - plus there are tons of villages each built into the natural environment.  I mean, a city is a city but I can't think of more diversity - certainly more than we see in the real world.  As for the environments - the Ashlands and the interior is certainly dirt and sand (sort of plays into the storyline), but there are swamps, grasslands, coastal regions, mountains, rivers, mines, dungeonsand some incredibly beautify landscapes around Vivec and Suran.  With the new mods built in there should be even more.

On the whole though the game can be frustrating and is way better on the computer but there really isn't anything to match it.  The good outweighs the few bad points and it is a spectacular game but someone has to actually play for a while to appreciate it.  Plus, I've noticed a major dichotomy on the opinions of this game.  People either absolutely love it or dislike it.  There is little middle ground and if one finds it is their kind of game be prepared for a serious life sucker.

JaggedChild04

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2004, 01:43:00 PM »

laugh.gif

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2004, 05:18:00 PM »

They finally got someone to clean it up and look after it, do it's all good.

lebriznon

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 10:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (lebriznon @ Mar 22 2004, 05:57 AM)
i got sick of it after half an hour....TWICE..

That's why you did not like the game.  You have to put in a good 5 hrs to even get into the game.  Then once you are, there's no turning back.  Morrowind is not a game that you can just play for 10 min at a time to get your fix.  For those with small attention spansl,  i reccomend a linear RPG like final fantasy.

Wild182

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2004, 12:24:00 AM »

Nice review it was good to read and something good came out of Computer Class  ;)

Ive only had morrowind for a few days now but it really rocks..
Ive not really played it long enough to say what i like and dont like

but my first impressions are it rocks
Apart from it takes ages to load  :(  

green_beetle

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2004, 02:54:00 AM »

i have this game loadded on my hdd. i suppose i would get addicted to it if i took my time to read some dialogue.
its prob better for me to start this RPG in the holidays when i got plenty of spare time.   ^_^  

Wild182

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2004, 09:01:00 AM »

I just dont read the dialogue  ;)
Lol  :lol:  

XIXBOXIX360

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2005, 10:08:00 AM »

I agree with most of you about this review, Morrowind: The Elder Scrolls 3 is a very good game. But, the only true problem I've found with it is the freezing glitch, it's so annoying because I had so much money, items and skill and it just froze on me. Here are my numbers on this game...

Graphics - 9/10

Sound - 9/10

Gameplay - 9.5/10

Replay Value - 8.5/10

Overall - 9/10

My Score - 8.4/10

Why might you ask my score was .6 points lower then the overall score I gave it well to tell you it's because of that freezing glitch, very unprofessional work for such a great game. Oblivion will be a lot better though.

Death In Darkness

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »

Morrowind is one of the most superior Xbox games made ever; it has everything from graphics, sound, and controls. This has to be one of the best role-playing games of all time, and I can't wait to see Morrowind: Oblivion the next installment in the Morrowind series. Just like to say awesome review JaggedChild04, very detailed and descriptive of all the features and in-game depth of the Morrowind genre. There was just two problems that I found with this game that dissapointed me was the glitches throughout the game, such as going through invisible walls, jumping off high buildings and not losing health, and other random occurences like that. My last complainted about this game was the freezing glitch that happened ever so often; it just bugged me a lot to never know when it will happen, and when it does and I didn't save I lose all my progress from where I started. This being said I give this game an overall score of 8/10.

thoughtudied999

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2005, 11:30:00 PM »

I've had this game for about a week. I picked up the Game of the Year edition from Best Buy. I was never really a fan of these types of games but had heard good things about this game. I have to say, I am truly addicted. I really don't do the story, but rather, just run around exploring. I am an Imperial born under the Tower sign. I built up my security skill so that I can easily steal stuff. I get some kind of sick enjoyment out of killing people and stealing all of their posessions, especially the shopkeepers, because then I have free reign to anything that I want to take in their shop. I would really reccomend this game to anybody who does or doesn't like RPG's.

widemouthfrog

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2006, 04:25:00 AM »

i play the GOTY edition a lot but i can't wait until they bring out Elar scrolls 4!
They keep on putting back the release date  mad.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3