xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Sonic Heroes (demo): Ntsc  (Read 291 times)

Lefendeur

• Archived User
Sonic Heroes (demo): Ntsc
« on: October 19, 2005, 01:20:00 AM »

Hi
is somenone could pass me the ntsc sonic heroes .xbe because i ve the pal version and it's work only in 480p
i know that the ntsc version support 720p and i want to try
thx

The Zep Man

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 04:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(Lefendeur @ Oct 19 2005, 09:24 AM)
Hi
is somenone could pass me the ntsc sonic heroes .xbe because i ve the pal version and it's work only in 480p
i know that the ntsc version support 720p and i want to try
thx

Hello, OPA. Welcome to the forums. You just have violated a rule:

* Direct Links to XBOX Software (this includes Retail Games, Backups, Bios's, and MS XDK produced Homebrew Software)
NOTE: This includes direct links to .torrent files, OR sites that serve as a "tracker" for .torrent files.
(...)
* Requests or offers for XBOX Software (see above)

Your post has been quoted to prevent editing.

This post has been edited by The Zep Man: Oct 20 2005, 11:44 AM

Lefendeur

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 08:52:00 AM »

Excuse me
I will not do this again.
bye

Helios

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »

hmmm I don't know about this game. I have the full version and it was pretty bland in my opinion. Nothing to hard to do. Pretty much just had to just get through all of the maps. It was boring in my opinion and very childish. I liked the classic Sonic games more. This one was such a disappointment.

Gruce

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2003, 10:49:00 AM »

TITLE: SONIC HEROES (DEMO)
PUBLISHER: SEGA
DEVELOPER: SEGA
DATE RELEASED: 2003

When I first saw this I was quite surprised that Sega had released a game on the Xbox. I was aware that they where going to release some titles on the Xbox but I though that they where concentration on the Gamecube until 2004. Anyway lets get into the review.

The game system isn’t new but its not overly common on next generation consoles. You play as Sonic, Tale and Knuckles changing characters to suit different obsticals in the game. For example if you need to break blocks then you select Knuckles or if you need to reach a high place you can use Tales to fly up there. The gameplay is very simplistic. A is used for jumping and X is used for using a particular characters skill such as smashing or flying. Buttons Y and B are used to change members of your party. The controls aren’t overly simplistic but like any good sonic game they won’t take you an age to get to grips with.

The demo comes with two levels selectable by difficulty. Easy gives you a beach/island level and Hard gives you a rail level which you grind your way through. I prefer even though its easy the island level, there’s so many more things to do as opposed to balancing on a rail. Enemy AI is basic, they will shoot lasers at you but that’s about it. You can decide to fight head on or just run past. The level isn’t over complicated, you can more or less complete it by running forwards.

Graphics are vivid and colourful and a nice feature to the game. The green trees, blue Sonic, red Knuckles and yellow sand go well together but its not so “in your face” to give you a migraine.

Sound is good, you get the pleasure of listening to a nice Japanese band while you’re dashing through the levels. Sound effects such as jumping and smashing are nice but not a great aspect of the game.

Overall the game (Demo) was enjoyable. A game (Demo) that you can just pick up and play away on. However I imagine that after a few levels it would get boring and repetitive, if its anything like the games on the Gamecube this may be the case. The difficulty option is a nice feature to the game but doesn’t make it any harder, just changes the level. I recommend playing the demo before you buy. It’s a nice game but not something I would recommend to buy due to its lacking replay value. I can see people with kids buying this game as the controls would be suited to a child. Get the demo before you get the game.

6/10

A good fun game but I predict lacking replay value and repetitive levels which makes this more of a quick enjoyable demo rather than a must have title.

Vinpire

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2003, 12:00:00 AM »

Good review, i'd have to agree mostly with what you have said there. I, being a lazy make-my-life-as-easy-as-possible type never tried the hard option and therefore didn't know about the second level hehe.

This game is similar in style to Sonic Adventure 2 on the good ole Dreamcast (a game which i loved anyway). I think if the story line is good enough, with the combination of 3 different teams of characters to choose from, it would last a lot longer than if they had just used Sonic for example. I will be picking this up when it sees a release, as i am a life long Sonic fan anyway.

Vince.