xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No Lightsabers  (Read 276 times)

Oprah

• Archived User
No Lightsabers
« on: July 10, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »

I've played KOTOR2 abunch of times and i know that the item placement is random but i was playin a game yesterday with the infinite hssiss glitche and beat Dantoine, Koriban, and Nar Shadaa and was half way through dxun and my only lightsaber was the one bao dur made. I was just wondering if this was the random placement or if it was from forgetting to turn it back from easy after beating the tank droid on telos.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
No Lightsabers
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(Oprah @ Jul 10 2005, 08:39 PM)
I've played KOTOR2 abunch of times and i know that the item placement is random but i was playin a game yesterday with the infinite hssiss glitche and beat Dantoine, Koriban, and Nar Shadaa and was half way through dxun and my only lightsaber was the one bao dur made. I was just wondering if this was the random placement or if it was from forgetting to turn it back from easy after beating the tank droid on telos.

Lightsabers are placed randomly but there are two places (or I guess people) where you can get lightsabers 99% of the time.

First, off of Master Vash's corpse in Korriban
Second, you get it as reward for rescuing the Kid from the Exchange Building in Nar Shadaa.  Talk to her mom afterwards to claim your saber.

And finally, there is a glitch in Kotor 2 that will give you unlimited lightsabers.  Here it goes:

The following is from gamefaqs.com, Credit goes to Rootbeer121 for putting together this FAQ

Duplicated Lightsaber Trick
Contributed By: Seiji

While onboard the Ebon Hawk, equip Visas with a lightsaber. Go to your
workbench, and choose to upgrade an item. Go to the lightsaber list, and select
the saber Visas has equipped. Select the color crystal, and change it to a
different one and assemble. Select the color crystal again, but DON'T change
it, just hit assemble again with the same crystal that is on there. This should
cause an extra, duplicate saber to appear in your inventory. With the new saber
in your inventory, save your game and reload it, and you will offically have
the duplicate saber.

If you want to start the game with a lightsaber already, go to the pinned topic on the kotor hacking forum for all the resources that I put together from various authors.

Oprah

• Archived User
No Lightsabers
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2005, 02:59:00 PM »

thanks but i didn't get one on vash's body or for rescuing the kid

darth_turtur

• Archived User
No Lightsabers
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Oprah @ Jul 12 2005, 02:34 PM)
thanks but i didn't get one on vash's body or for rescuing the kid

Strange...

I know for a fact that you do get these when you play a lightside character.  For darkside players, lightsabers are always in the loot of the Jedi that you've killed.  (Sorry for the quazi-spoiler there)

Oprah

• Archived User
No Lightsabers
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 11:08:00 PM »

not one

darth_turtur

• Archived User
No Lightsabers
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2005, 10:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(Oprah @ Jul 22 2005, 10:43 PM)
not one

OK, this should be in the game hacking section but i'll make an exception.  If you have an unmodded xbox, go here:

http://home.alltel.net/jls31/saves2.html

*These are gamesaves from a modded game made by my co-moderator, VoxAngel.  All credits go to him.  This is a TON of stuff that you can play with.  Read through the site to know what you're getting.

If you have a modded box, download this:

http://www.xbox-saves.com/pafiledb/pafiled...ownload&id=2977

This file comes with 2 different mods, a Bastilla mod and a Kolto tank mod.  Extract the contents and move them to a folder called "Override" (no quotes) under your Kotor 2 directory.  It should look like this:

F:\Games\SW Kotor 2\Override\

You can now use the Kolto tank in Peragus (when you first wake up) as a vending machine for items such as robes, sabers, and other items.  You can take as many as you want.

Hope this helps.

master cawley

• Archived User
No Lightsabers
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »

ok ive been playing for abot a week and im a lvl 15 but i have every part for making a light saber but the lens were can i find the lens the original so that it can be made! this is the only draw back from holding me back from making the saber so plz help someone! thx if you can help me!

master cawley,

master cawley

• Archived User
No Lightsabers
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »

ok i got the lens never mind

master cawley,

darth_turtur

• Archived User
No Lightsabers
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2005, 05:31:00 PM »

QUOTE(master cawley @ Aug 13 2005, 10:26 AM)
ok i got the lens never mind

master cawley,

lol...you're funny!

beerchug.gif

DarthVi

• Archived User
No Lightsabers
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2005, 10:52:00 PM »

Ok u guys are all tlking about getting differnet parts for ur saber, but where do u get them like places.  I got my frist one from the ithorian dude but i dont know where to get more right now i am on the surface of telos with that dude with the spikes on his head whats his name well w/e i need help with getting my saber

rubikscube

• Archived User
No Lightsabers
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »

QUOTE(DarthVi @ Aug 19 2005, 06:27 AM)
Ok u guys are all tlking about getting differnet parts for ur saber, but where do u get them like places.  I got my frist one from the ithorian dude but i dont know where to get more right now i am on the surface of telos with that dude with the spikes on his head whats his name well w/e i need help with getting my saber

Try going to www.gamefaqs.com and looking up KotOR 2, they have a wealth of faqs and walkthroughs on items, quests and such.  You should find what you need there.