xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kotor Ii  (Read 548 times)

kenji urban

• Archived User
Kotor Ii
« on: December 13, 2004, 08:19:00 PM »

I'm the regular FPS and 3rd Person player.

To put it simply, a game like Ghost Recon 2/Halo are my favourtie styles of games to play. I can play them for hours... Before Fable, i had NEVER played any kind of RPG, and now i have finished Fable, i have the hunger for more Fable style gameplay, the building of a fully customizeable character and his power.

Somewhere i read that there is no freestyle action, i.e. you cant run around in the middle of a battle (fable), where as in KOTORII, once you engage an enemy, the computer acts out the fight, is this right? (something like Full Spectrum Warrior)

thats something i kinda don't want. I wanna cut people up with my lightsaber freestyle!
As for the storyline, i realise that its quite good.. but i dont think i can sit through it all if i can't manually slice someones head off...

What do you think?

themadman123

• Archived User
Kotor Ii
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 09:07:00 PM »

Play it, you won't regret it.

As for  the computer acting everything out, its turn based but not like most other RPGs (I.E Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger ...ect.)  you can move around in combat.

Also Fable isn't really an RPG imho.

kenji urban

• Archived User
Kotor Ii
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2004, 09:25:00 PM »

sad.gif
thanks themadman123.

themadman123

• Archived User
Kotor Ii
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2004, 11:08:00 PM »

99 Bucks? For what? KOTOR 2?

Yeah, I totally agree with you, Turn based is so stupid, who fights like that? I ask you WHO?!?!?!  Oh your turn, I'll just stand here.....oh look you hit me, my turn to hit you....so stupid, yeah Kotor isn't like that in a way.

At Least Rent it, or buy the first one, I think it goes for like 20 bucks.

kenji urban

• Archived User
Kotor Ii
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »

yeah Kotor isn't like that in a way.

So just to be sure, KOTOR 2 is like fable, where i can run around freely, when in battle as well?

ZASADAR

• Archived User
Kotor Ii
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 12:41:00 AM »

QUOTE (themadman123 @ Dec 13 2004, 11:10 PM)
Play it, you won't regret it.

As for  the computer acting everything out, its turn based but not like most other RPGs (I.E Final Fantasy, Chrono Trigger ...ect.)  you can move around in combat.

Also Fable isn't really an RPG imho.

Dont listen to him fable is a rpg it s a role playing game  you should try kotor 1 first. The kotor's game rules are more based on luck then action... this game is more known for how much controll you have over the character and story if thats what your looking for then you will probably like it more then fable

ZASADAR

• Archived User
Kotor Ii
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2004, 03:09:00 AM »

still turn based the attack doesnt start as soon as you choose your attack it waits for your turn and if you dont choos as attack it will do it for you

kenji urban

• Archived User
Kotor Ii
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2004, 02:05:00 PM »

hmmm, thers only one way to find out for sure now...

thanks guys

kenji urban

• Archived User
Kotor Ii
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2004, 05:39:00 PM »

sad.gif

themadman123

• Archived User
Kotor Ii
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »

Fable is more of a Action/Adventure game than RPG, WAY MORE...hehehehe, sorry, had to get that in.