xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Kotor2  (Read 576 times)

C1utCh

• Archived User
Kotor2
« on: December 11, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »

Alright, to start off, I'll just say that I'm having fun with KotOR2, I never played the first, so I am unaware of any of the original story, but I like this one.

Now,

I am on Dantooine, as a Dark Jedi, and I go to speak to the marines before the mercenaries vs. marines thing happens, all of the cut scenes/movies work, and it loads the next part of my playing, howver, it is only a blank screen, I am unable to see anything at all. If I hit start, I can get to the menus and everything alright, and hitting A I can hear myself changing weapons, however, as I said, its just a black screen.  I have tried numerous times to re-load and re-play the parts leading up to this event from saved games to no avail. Is it a problem with the disk? Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated.  I have a new 1.6a or possible b xbox with a samsung drive (just got it, my old one had DD errors with halo2)

Update: Also, I've returned the disk for a new one, to no avail.  PC bug, I could understand, there is an infinite amount of computer configurations, but Xbox?  Comeon Obsidian.

C1utCh

esc1

• Archived User
Kotor2
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2004, 04:33:00 PM »

This is not the backup section!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See sig.

C1utCh

• Archived User
Kotor2
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2004, 04:55:00 PM »

Where did you even get the impression I was even talking about backing up a game.

Because I was under the impression I was talking about a glitch in a game.

But, I dunno maybe you're right, does Best Buy have a history of selling backups?

Yea, didn't think so.

Reading Posts: 1  esc1: 0

mallfouf

• Archived User
Kotor2
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 06:22:00 PM »

Save the game in a slot other than the last one you had, and exit the game. Go back, and load the save, and you should be fine.

C1utCh

• Archived User
Kotor2
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »

nope :/

mastertito4

• Archived User
Kotor2
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »

I have the same problem but on peragusus if you figure out how to fix it send me a message.

dag3422

• Archived User
Kotor2
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2005, 07:43:00 AM »

I have the exact same problem on dantooine. My xbox is just a run of the mill kind. No chip or nothin. Neone know how to fix it?

darth_turtur

• Archived User
Kotor2
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 10:33:00 AM »

I think I know what your problem is...

When you play as a Dark Jedi in Dantooine, the game automically writes a script on the xbox's cache telling it that you're supposed to speak with Mercenary Leader before the big fight and not Zhorran (The military leader).  If you agreed to help the Mercs to sabotage Koonda's defenses, you're supposed to return to the Mercs near the cave and not speak with the military leader.  If you do this (and vice versa - playing Light side jedi and speak with the Mercs after) the game will freeze because the string has already been written.  I know it sucks.

Basically, this is a section in the game where the "open-ended" gameplay is missing.  Once you've made a decision, make sure you stick with the path you've chosen (dark or light) and speak with the correct person after you've either sabotaged or stregnthened Koonda's defense.  Another suggestion...before you speak with either one, save your game to avoid running around all over again.