xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: 10 Reasons Why I Switched To Xlink From Xbl  (Read 559 times)

I Moose I

• Archived User
10 Reasons Why I Switched To Xlink From Xbl
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 01:05:00 AM »

Reading this topic makes babies cry. I am so tired of hearing how many cheaters there are at level 30's and so on. Guess what guys? There aren't that many. That's a bullshit excuse. I'm a 34, and in my past 25 games of slayer, guess how many times I've been cheated? Zero. You know why? It's because I'm not an idiot. It's called waiting for host box, and if you're too stupid to do that, then you don't deserve to be playing anyway. If I was like a 25, I'd almost guarantee that I could go in alone all the way up to 31 or 32 with only getting cheated one or two times, tops.

Modding/Standbying has given people a full-fire excuse to why they lost their levels, and I'm tired of hearing it. You don't get cheated that often, and even if you do, there are simple ways to make sure that you don't.

Odb718

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 02:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(I Moose I @ Aug 17 2006, 03:12 AM) View Post

Reading this topic makes babies cry. I am so tired of hearing how many cheaters there are at level 30's and so on. Guess what guys? There aren't that many. That's a bullshit excuse. I'm a 34, and in my past 25 games of slayer, guess how many times I've been cheated? Zero. You know why? It's because I'm not an idiot. It's called waiting for host box, and if you're too stupid to do that, then you don't deserve to be playing anyway. If I was like a 25, I'd almost guarantee that I could go in alone all the way up to 31 or 32 with only getting cheated one or two times, tops.

Modding/Standbying has given people a full-fire excuse to why they lost their levels, and I'm tired of hearing it. You don't get cheated that often, and even if you do, there are simple ways to make sure that you don't.

huh.gif I'd have to say one out of every four BTB Skirmish I'm getting "modded". Either it's stand-by or out right modding. Most people don't get host box. If you don't realize that.... count how many people you're playing against. Then times that by how many games you've played and had host. with 728/256 I can't get host box. so wtf am I supposed to do??? Pretend Im not getting bridged out of a game?

Personally, I have issues with xlink AND xbox live. Xbox live has WAY more modders then xlink. But xbl has WAY more game types readily available to play any time. The only game people play on xlink is freaking SWAT. Which takes NO skill. Or tower of power, which is gayer then the newb combo. Personaly I've gotten good enough at killing I need to do something while I kill people. I can sit in the hill, win with the most time and still have the most kills and people will complain about the game type?! Kill on the way to the hill. and people are going to come to you to get killed. How can you be against that??
Grenade whoring in SWAT or spawn killing in ToP isn't my idea of fun. I'd rather have my tripple un-freakin-beleiveable while I'm holding down some territories or something then sitting in one spot spawn killing people with no sheilds.
It's also extreamly hard for me to find a decent host on xlink to get a btb skirmish going. it usually starts the pop-lag once it hits about 8 people. At the same time you can sit on the configuring game screen on live for hours at a time some nights waiting for that one extra person.

Both of them have their ups and downs. Me, I use both. Mainly because I have freinds that don't have xbox live and can only play on xlink. If the xlink users would start playing some ctf or assault I think I'd play on xlink more.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 03:30:00 AM »

That's why i gave up halo2, and play CoD2 on the 360.  And it actually reqires skills like halo 1 did.

elpimpo12

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2006, 07:39:00 AM »

Actually host box doesn't guarantee that you don't get cheated...just that someone won't bridge host.  But that doesn't mean they won't standby for host or start standbying if they happen to get host in the game.  I do get standbyed/bridged a good bit now that everyone has decided to cheat in Team Snipers (favorite playlist dry.gif ).  I was a 40 in snipers a few weeks ago, and when you get up toward the higher levels people will back out of a game even when one 1 person has host box (hence can't bridge) b/c everyone wants it.  But look, modding is not nearly as common as people try to make it seem, so it's a dumb excuse.  If you get modded, just quit and play something else so that you don't get paired with the modder again.  I see a modder like once a month.  The only problem I have with XLink is that the competition that is on Live isn't always there.  I usually play in this one game where there are some good people, but that's about the only game I've found.  And tower of power has got to be the gayest gametype ever invented.

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2006, 08:38:00 AM »

QUOTE(elpimpo12 @ Aug 17 2006, 06:46 AM) View Post

If you get modded, just quit and play something else

heh no way.. whenever I get modded I make those bastards wait the full game length, I usually go hide somewhere and spam the cheater (and his tag alongs) friend requests over and over and over again.. it usually annoys the piss out of them.

And thats how I get small satisfactication when i get modded.

I Moose I

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2006, 11:22:00 AM »

[quote name='Odb718' date='Aug 17 2006, 03:39 AM' post='3606784']

elpimpo12

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2006, 12:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(BirdofPrey @ Aug 17 2006, 10:45 AM) View Post

heh no way.. whenever I get modded I make those bastards wait the full game length, I usually go hide somewhere and spam the cheater (and his tag alongs) friend requests over and over and over again.. it usually annoys the piss out of them.

And thats how I get small satisfactication when i get modded.

Heh yeah I meant quit the playlist, but I do the same.  Actually got a kill frenzy once on Terminal b/c I got away from the spawn and started unloading sniper rounds on the modder and his teammates (had it so one shot blew you across the map), buuuuuuut didn't last long once the ole modder spawned again.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2006, 06:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(I Moose I @ Aug 17 2006, 11:29 AM) View Post

Don't be angry at Halo 2 just because you couldn't adjust from the pistol to the BR.

The BR is all i use in halo2.  I just wish there was a gametype that was always TS with BR.

Halo 2 has too much Auto Aim and a much larger hit box then halo 1........halo 2 was a breath of fresh air for those who suck at FPS.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: August 18, 2006, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(I Moose I @ Aug 17 2006, 02:12 AM) View Post

HAHA... that is one of the funniest posts I've ever heard. You're recommending everyone get host. That is Hilariously stupid. Who are you going to play if everyone takes your advice? That's like saying everyone quit work and get on welfare. The fact remains that people cheat. They do it for 1 reason. They do it to boost their ranking. If the ranking is really so like-skilled players are more likely to be matched up then fine, hide the ranking so the players don't know what each other's ranks are. Why do you think there are less cheaters on Xlink? A network that will NOT ban you for mods. Why do you think that is? It's obviously because of the rankings. The ONLY reason you guys defend the rankings is because you are into them too. It's just sad. Why do you care what you're ranking in an online game? Also, online play would be improved due to fewer campers and people who play cheaply so they don't lose and drop ranking. If it really doesn't matter if you lose, you're just playing for fun there's no reason to be cheap.

I Moose I

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2006, 11:53:00 AM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Aug 18 2006, 08:56 AM) View Post

HAHA... that is one of the funniest posts I've ever heard. You're recommending everyone get host. That is Hilariously stupid. Who are you going to play if everyone takes your advice? That's like saying everyone quit work and get on welfare. The fact remains that people cheat. They do it for 1 reason. They do it to boost their ranking. If the ranking is really so like-skilled players are more likely to be matched up then fine, hide the ranking so the players don't know what each other's ranks are. Why do you think there are less cheaters on Xlink? A network that will NOT ban you for mods. Why do you think that is? It's obviously because of the rankings. The ONLY reason you guys defend the rankings is because you are into them too. It's just sad. Why do you care what you're ranking in an online game? Also, online play would be improved due to fewer campers and people who play cheaply so they don't lose and drop ranking. If it really doesn't matter if you lose, you're just playing for fun there's no reason to be cheap.

Reading that post made me want to commit suicide. I'm recommending it to the players who are bitching at the system. zomg ppl cheet for ranks, no wai. You'd de surprised to how easy it is to get a game, even at 35's and such. So until you get a taste of what it's like, I'd suggest for you to shut the fuck up, until you know what you're talking about.

Halo 2 has too much Auto Aim and a much larger hit box then halo 1........halo 2 was a breath of fresh air for those who suck at FPS.

I'll tell you what. Why don't you join an MLG custom game of mine. We'll see how easy it is then.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: August 19, 2006, 04:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(I Moose I @ Aug 18 2006, 12:00 PM) View Post

I'll tell you what. Why don't you join an MLG custom game of mine. We'll see how easy it is then.

All i play is MLG.  I did not say halo2 was easy, i said it takes less skills then halo1.  Mainly do to the inceased auto-aim and larger hit box.  These are facts, so deal with it.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2006, 10:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(I Moose I @ Aug 18 2006, 01:00 PM) View Post

Reading that post made me want to commit suicide. I'm recommending it to the players who are bitching at the system. zomg ppl cheet for ranks, no wai. You'd de surprised to how easy it is to get a game, even at 35's and such. So until you get a taste of what it's like, I'd suggest for you to shut the fuck up, until you know what you're talking about.

Lol maybe you should speak with a professional about that. Don't act all high and mighty like because I don't like the game, that I didn't have a high rank when I used to play. I DO know what I'm talking about and saying "shut the fuck up" is hardly a way to defend your position. Once you get past 13 or 14 it doesn't work anymore. You didn't rebut ANY of my points. You didn't have ANY valid points. Until you can do that, you're wasting your time. You're saying you were recommending getting host only to those bitching about the system but:

I'm a 34, and in my past 25 games of slayer, guess how many times I've been cheated? Zero. You know why? It's because I'm not an idiot. It's called waiting for host box, and if you're too stupid to do that, then you don't deserve to be playing anyway.

That post right there proves you're lying about what you meant. It's also funny that you recommend to people in a game that does not explicitly tell you who is hosting that they should get host. Yes there are ways to tell but the game was not designed for that and you have to quit out of games until you get host. That's sad and not to mention that most people do not have fast enough upstream to host 7 other xboxs and make everyone else's game laggy. It's a bad suggestion and since it has to be suggested it actually proves my point. It proves that Live is a bad environment due to cheating. If you go on XLink and see the number of cheaters there vs. Live you'll also see that I'm correct in the ranking issue. You're wrong in every way. You've lied and suggested some silly things. You should just stop now.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2006, 11:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Aug 19 2006, 10:25 AM) View Post

Lol maybe you should speak with a professional about that. Don't act all high and mighty like because I don't like the game, that I didn't have a high rank when I used to play. I DO know what I'm talking about and saying "shut the fuck up" is hardly a way to defend your position. Once you get past 13 or 14 it doesn't work anymore. You didn't rebut ANY of my points. You didn't have ANY valid points. Until you can do that, you're wasting your time. You're saying you were recommending getting host only to those bitching about the system but:

That post right there proves you're lying about what you meant. It's also funny that you recommend to people in a game that does not explicitly tell you who is hosting that they should get host. Yes there are ways to tell but the game was not designed for that and you have to quit out of games until you get host. That's sad and not to mention that most people do not have fast enough upstream to host 7 other xboxs and make everyone else's game laggy. It's a bad suggestion and since it has to be suggested it actually proves my point. It proves that Live is a bad environment due to cheating. If you go on XLink and see the number of cheaters there vs. Live you'll also see that I'm correct in the ranking issue. You're wrong in every way. You've lied and suggested some silly things. You should just stop now.

Agreed.

I got up to lvl 29 in TS just by joining as a single, and after so many times of getting cheated on and not being able to find games with starting BR , i just said F-it.  The best where i live has to offer is a pathetic 256k up and down, so hosting is not even an option.

I just wish there was a TS MLG section with no radar.  That might make me start playing again.

I Moose I

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: August 20, 2006, 10:18:00 PM »

You're trying to tell me that most people can't host 7 other xboxes on their connection? All you need is a high speed connection. Even if you don't wait for host box, explain to me how that allows for a greater chance of a non-laggy connection? What are you going to quit out of every game that you don't get host box in, in order to have somebody else to get host? Does that not have the same chance of having a non-laggy connection. I don't want to hear about how "the game was not designed for that." The game wasn't designed for cheating either now was it? What's the worst of the two? Leting cheaters prevail or waiting for host box?

You have never addressed my point in that, other than arguements such as those. If you wait for host box, you have an extremely good chance of not getting cheated. If you listen to your xbox to check for an old map, that does even more so.

It proves that Live is a bad environment due to cheating.

Nobody ever said that live isn't a bad enviorment for cheating. The point was, that with small precautions, you can minimize it.

And I don't care about the number from Xlink Kai to XBL. As said above, yeah there is a lot of cheating on live, but, there's easy ways to beat it.

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2006, 04:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(I Moose I @ Aug 20 2006, 09:25 PM) View Post

If you listen to your xbox to check for an old map, that does even more so.

This only works if you have an old xbox, not with new ones.

It is also quite tedious to wait for host boxes unless you have a full party, if you going in on your own or with another player it could take a while to get host boxes to reduce the chances of getting bridged/modded.

That being said, the whole point of playing the game is to enjoy it no? And cheating will never completely die. So probably the best thing to do is not get so caught up in the whole rank thing and perhaps you won't be annoyed so much when you do get cheated.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5