xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: 10 Reasons Why I Switched To Xlink From Xbl  (Read 562 times)

blame canada

• Archived User
10 Reasons Why I Switched To Xlink From Xbl
« on: June 27, 2006, 06:30:00 AM »

and if you hate custom games youl hate xlink which is why I saved my money to get a new hdd/eeprom to be unbanend form live. Plus like 1/2 the people using xlink use mics which sux while 99% of people on xbl use mics. If xlink made a rating system like xbl I would switch back to xlink in a heart beat. Its just that xlink is like an online 24/7 lanparty kinda. XBL gives you reason to play, to get better ratings. The only thing xlink is laking is a rating system like I said above, if they can pull that off they will be like gods.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2006, 02:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(blame canada @ Jun 27 2006, 07:37 AM) View Post
and if you hate custom games youl hate xlink which is why I saved my money to get a new hdd/eeprom to be unbanend form live. Plus like 1/2 the people using xlink use mics which sux while 99% of people on xbl use mics. If xlink made a rating system like xbl I would switch back to xlink in a heart beat. Its just that xlink is like an online 24/7 lanparty kinda. XBL gives you reason to play, to get better ratings. The only thing xlink is laking is a rating system like I said above, if they can pull that off they will be like gods.

I would have to disagree. Having the rating system brings nothing but negative effects. It is the only reason to cheat on Live. If people couldn't improve their ranking then they would have to face the reality that they are losers. Instead, even though they are still losers they cannot see it because they are Ub3r lvl 30 Pwnz0r!

Next, what does the ranking show? How good you are? No. If you play every day non-stop like people do with WoW and used to do with Halo2 you are a loser. Your high ranking simply shows that all you do is play this game and that you have no life and you're a loser. Since I'm not speaking of anyone in particular, it's not a putdown towards anyone.... it's simply reality. Video games are supposed to be a fun relief from reality. People have been trying to get high scores since video games were introduced but getting a high ranking in online halo2 is like being the kid at pizza hut trying to get the high score in Pac-Man. If you find yourself doing this, it may be time to consider a 4th trimester abortion.

xboxhackern00b

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 08:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Jun 28 2006, 02:46 PM) View Post

Next, what does the ranking show? How good you are? No. If you play every day non-stop like people do with WoW and used to do with Halo2 you are a loser. Your high ranking simply shows that all you do is play this game and that you have no life and you're a loser.

That is not true, the ranking system was made so you'd play people that were even to you in skill so you'd play the same ranks and you could further your skills.  Which is why custom games were made when you dont want to play a ranked game then get a custom game going it isn't that hard.  Finally just because you have a high rank doesn't mean you dont have a life sure theres people who only have a high rank cause they've played 2,000+ games but there are people out there who have a life and are still really good.

excuse all the errors in this

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 03:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Jun 28 2006, 03:46 PM) View Post

Next, what does the ranking show? How good you are? No. If you play every day non-stop like people do with WoW and used to do with Halo2 you are a loser. Your high ranking simply shows that all you do is play this game and that you have no life and you're a loser. Since I'm not speaking of anyone in particular, it's not a putdown towards anyone.... it's simply reality. Video games are supposed to be a fun relief from reality. People have been trying to get high scores since video games were introduced but getting a high ranking in online halo2 is like being the kid at pizza hut trying to get the high score in Pac-Man. If you find yourself doing this, it may be time to consider a 4th trimester abortion.

A lot of people play XBL with fellow classmates and friends.  Me and a lot of friends at my High school used to play loads of Halo 2 for countless hours, the game is a complete time sink.  It was a place to hang out and just talk while playing a fun game.  Sounds like your just a little bit sour from getting t-bagged too many times  happy.gif

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 08:16:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxhackern00b @ Jul 27 2006, 09:45 PM) View Post

That is not true, the ranking system was made so you'd play people that were even to you in skill so you'd play the same ranks and you could further your skills. Which is why custom games were made when you dont want to play a ranked game then get a custom game going it isn't that hard. Finally just because you have a high rank doesn't mean you dont have a life sure theres people who only have a high rank cause they've played 2,000+ games but there are people out there who have a life and are still really good.

excuse all the errors in this

It was designed for that purpose, yes. It turned out to do anything BUT what it was designed for. Everyone cheated to get their ranking up. Everyone says if you don't like matchmaking play customs. Yeah, I might as well be playing xlink or xbconnect because I have to invite people. The whole point of live for me is so I can just get in a game quickly. Finally, yes because people have a high rank DOES mean you have no life and play the game all the time. Nobody is good enough to win every game they play and just keep leveling up. I'm sorry but you're simply wrong.

QUOTE(TheIrishLad @ Aug 10 2006, 04:42 PM) View Post

A lot of people play XBL with fellow classmates and friends. Me and a lot of friends at my High school used to play loads of Halo 2 for countless hours, the game is a complete time sink. It was a place to hang out and just talk while playing a fun game. Sounds like your just a little bit sour from getting t-bagged too many times happy.gif

So you're telling me that just because I don't like the ranking system in Halo2 and feel that it ruined the online play that I MUST not be any good at it and that's why I'm saying that? Great reasoning. You are clearly the smartest mentally handicapped kid around. dry.gif

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 02:32:00 PM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Aug 11 2006, 09:23 AM) View Post

You are clearly the smartest mentally handicapped kid around. dry.gif

Ah yes, lets make fun of handicapped people, how fun.  Jackass  mad.gif

Keep that stuff on a skinhead forum please.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 10:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheIrishLad @ Aug 11 2006, 03:39 PM) View Post

Ah yes, lets make fun of handicapped people, how fun. Jackass mad.gif

Keep that stuff on a skinhead forum please.

lol, you proved my point right there with that remark. Nobody made fun of handicapped people. I made fun of you. You should really have your mom with you while you're online that way things like this don't happen in the future.

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 10:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Aug 11 2006, 11:37 PM) View Post

lol, you proved my point right there with that remark. Nobody made fun of handicapped people. I made fun of you. You should really have your mom with you while you're online that way things like this don't happen in the future.

Clearly you are showing how smart you are, so with your logic if I had called you a faggot.  That wouldn't in any way be offensive to a gay person?  Same with using the word handicapped in a negative way.  So please, keep the comments to yourself and don't try to act all high and mighty, you aren't impressing anyone with your ignorance.

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2006, 07:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheIrishLad @ Aug 12 2006, 11:21 AM) View Post

Clearly you are showing how smart you are, so with your logic if I had called you a faggot. That wouldn't in any way be offensive to a gay person? Same with using the word handicapped in a negative way. So please, keep the comments to yourself and don't try to act all high and mighty, you aren't impressing anyone with your ignorance.

Ha... nobody comes in an online forum to impress people. You simply tried to put me down for my point of view and now you've decided to be on the losing side of an argument.

If you had called me a faggot I would have had to do something that might lead you to believe that I were a homosexual. Either that or you're just an idiot. Since I haven't said or done anything that might lead you to believe such a thing your analogy doesn't apply. You said some very ignorant and childish things. To compare you to a mentally handicapped person seems more and more appropriate for you every time you post.

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2006, 07:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Aug 11 2006, 09:23 AM) View Post

You are clearly the smartest mentally handicapped kid around. dry.gif

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Aug 11 2006, 11:37 PM) View Post

You should really have your mom with you while you're online

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Aug 13 2006, 08:20 PM) View Post

had to do something that might lead you to believe that I were a homosexual.

you're just an idiot.

Now, who again is acting childish and ignorant?  When did I ever try to put you down?  I may have poked fun at you, but your comment about people who play a lot of Halo 2 are losers is simply un-true, how can you assume out of all players what their life is like?  Or is that it? You enjoy making others lives seem miserable too inflate your own? huh.gif .   Please stop, with every post you make your digging yourself into a deeper hole.
QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Aug 13 2006, 08:20 PM) View Post

and now you've decided to be on the losing side of an argument.

I think I'll let the people reading all of this decide that.  happy.gif

BirdofPrey

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2006, 02:42:00 AM »

get a room you two love.gif

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2006, 07:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(TheIrishLad @ Aug 13 2006, 08:54 PM) View Post

Now, who again is acting childish and ignorant? When did I ever try to put you down? I may have poked fun at you, but your comment about people who play a lot of Halo 2 are losers is simply un-true, how can you assume out of all players what their life is like? Or is that it? You enjoy making others lives seem miserable too inflate your own? huh.gif . Please stop, with every post you make your digging yourself into a deeper hole.

I think I'll let the people reading all of this decide that. happy.gif

You are acting "childish and ignorant". You took each quote out of context with some not even being directed towards you but the way you quoted them made it seem that way.

You tried to put me down in each post. That's why you're still posting here.

My comment about people who play a lot of Halo2 is correct. How can I assume what someone's life is like? That's the thing genious.... you don't HAVE to assume. You see it on Bungie.net. You can see that they don't do anything but play Halo2.

Is it that I enjoy making others lives miserable to inflate my own? #1 I'm not making anyone's life miserable. None of the people mentioned are reading this because they are superjumping in Halo2 right now. #2 How does that even work anyways? How do you make someone miserable by observing facts and pointing them out? Even further, how would that make YOU feel better? It doesn't make any sense. Neither do any of your posts. The fact still remains, you didn't like my point of view so you came in here and started putting me down. Now that I have made you look like a fool you keep posting trying to put me down. I feel bad for you and have considered not posting here anymore. If you weren't so aggressive and trying so hard to put me down I might, but since you're trying so hard but getting nowhere it's too fun to pass up.

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2006, 12:28:00 PM »

QUOTE(BCfosheezy @ Aug 14 2006, 08:13 AM) View Post

You are acting "childish and ignorant". You took each quote out of context with some not even being directed towards you but the way you quoted them made it seem that way.

You tried to put me down in each post. That's why you're still posting here.

My comment about people who play a lot of Halo2 is correct. How can I assume what someone's life is like? That's the thing genious.... you don't HAVE to assume. You see it on Bungie.net. You can see that they don't do anything but play Halo2.

Is it that I enjoy making others lives miserable to inflate my own? #1 I'm not making anyone's life miserable. None of the people mentioned are reading this because they are superjumping in Halo2 right now. #2 How does that even work anyways? How do you make someone miserable by observing facts and pointing them out? Even further, how would that make YOU feel better? It doesn't make any sense. Neither do any of your posts. The fact still remains, you didn't like my point of view so you came in here and started putting me down. Now that I have made you look like a fool you keep posting trying to put me down. I feel bad for you and have considered not posting here anymore. If you weren't so aggressive and trying so hard to put me down I might, but since you're trying so hard but getting nowhere it's too fun to pass up.

In response to #1, I never said you were making anyones life miserable
You enjoy making others lives seem miserable too inflate your own?
Read that again, I clearly say "seem" miserable, unless you have little understanding of the English language then I don't know how you could possibly interpret that.  You are not making anyones life miserable, but you are making their lives seem miserable, do you understand?  And yes, that is what your doing when you insult many people by saying they have no lives.  I see no purpose to this except to inflate your own life, by making other's seem terrible.

Again your ignorance is showing when you group people together by saying
You can see that they don't do anything but play Halo2.
That's the thing genious.... you don't HAVE to assume.
 This is the mentality of a racist.  You are basically categorizing tens of thousands of people into the "no life" group just because they play a lot of Halo 2.

The fact still remains, you didn't like my point of view
 So your opinion is the one everyone must follow?  We cannot offer objections or criticism?  I thought a forum was a public meeting or assembly for open discussion, not a BCfosheezy posts and we take his every word and agree with it.

Face the facts, you don't like people who dis-agree with you, especially someone with less posts then you.  I'm not being the aggressive one here, you are.  
but since you're trying so hard but getting nowhere it's too fun to pass up.
Again, I think the people outside of the arguement can choose who is "getting nowhere."
But as I can see you don't really like others thinking for themselves or having their own opinions.
How can I be the aggressive one when you specifically state that you are getting "fun" out of attacking me?

BCfosheezy

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 04:06:00 PM »

QUOTE(TheIrishLad @ Aug 14 2006, 01:35 PM) View Post

In response to #1, I never said you were making anyones life miserable Read that again, I clearly say "seem" miserable, unless you have little understanding of the English language then I don't know how you could possibly interpret that. You are not making anyones life miserable, but you are making their lives seem miserable, do you understand? And yes, that is what your doing when you insult many people by saying they have no lives. I see no purpose to this except to inflate your own life, by making other's seem terrible.

Again your ignorance is showing when you group people together by saying This is the mentality of a racist. You are basically categorizing tens of thousands of people into the "no life" group just because they play a lot of Halo 2.

So your opinion is the one everyone must follow? We cannot offer objections or criticism? I thought a forum was a public meeting or assembly for open discussion, not a BCfosheezy posts and we take his every word and agree with it.

Face the facts, you don't like people who dis-agree with you, especially someone with less posts then you. I'm not being the aggressive one here, you are. Again, I think the people outside of the arguement can choose who is "getting nowhere."
But as I can see you don't really like others thinking for themselves or having their own opinions.
How can I be the aggressive one when you specifically state that you are getting "fun" out of attacking me?

Well I did read that but thought the word "seem"didn't belong because it made no sense. I never said anywhere that anyone had a miserable life. I merely said they have no life because they play Halo2 all the time. Those two things are rational, can be proven by going to bungie.net and you have no legs to stand on there. If you think that playing a video game in all of your free time makes you miserable then that's your opinion.

First you say:

You are basically categorizing tens of thousands of people into the "no life" group just because they play a lot of Halo 2.

Then you go on to say:

Again your ignorance is showing when you group people together by saying This is the mentality of a racist.
What? Make a complete thought. I think you just generalized people into racists because they think a certain way. These two statements contradict one another. This one is a hypocritical statement and does not apply because nowhere have we been discussing being racist. Your attempts to attack me are not only invalid, they are downright laughable.

So your opinion is the one everyone must follow? We cannot offer objections or criticism? I thought a forum was a public meeting or assembly for open discussion, not a BCfosheezy posts and we take his every word and agree with it.

Let me remind you of your first post in this thread:

Sounds like your just a little bit sour from getting t-bagged too many times happy.gif

It was YOU who first attacked me for MY opinion. You're just not quite quick enough to turn your faults around on me.

Now I got a particular kick out of this one....... I don't have to say anything to it to make you look silly to everyone else reading this post as you keep referring to.... but I will just so YOU know. (Plus anyone reading this thread will not pick a side. They will think we're both idiots.... and we probably are for arguing over such a silly thing.)

Face the facts, you don't like people who dis-agree with you, especially someone with less posts then you. I'm not being the aggressive one here, you are. Again, I think the people outside of the arguement can choose who is "getting nowhere."

I don't mind people disagreeing with me any more than anyone else. Not any more than YOU do. That's why you're still arguing. That's why you posted here in the first place. Next you mention post count. I don't care how many posts you have and never mentioned it. You're the only one that even noticed that. It shows a lack of self-esteem and that you care about internet notoriety. If I could give you some posts I would..... they don't matter to me. I'm the agressor? Then why am I simply defending myself in my posts but YOU'RE the one coming up with new things like post counts and racism and stuff like that, that NOBODY ELSE brought up? Yeah, since I've proven in every case that you have no point and no logical skills.... yeah I'm pretty confident about my side if anyone outside of the argument gave a crap and read this. The next line is funny too. Where did I EVER state that I was getting fun out of attacking you? I said that I was having fun defending myself because you have been trying to hard to put me down but cannot. Again you lose.

TheIrishLad

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2006, 12:37:00 PM »

anyone reading this thread will not pick a side. They will think we're both idiots...
 sleep.gif

Peace  smile.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5