xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: I Can Not Use The Halo 2 Map Pack Disk!  (Read 97 times)

ahlgero

• Archived User
I Can Not Use The Halo 2 Map Pack Disk!
« on: October 21, 2005, 07:47:00 PM »

Every time I put the map pack disk in my xbox I get this message "No definition file (either b:\cdxmedia\cdx_ffffffff.inx" and the rest cuts off. CAn anyone please help me?! I already exchanged the disk once and it still does the same thing! Thank you to any help which would be appreciated!

ahlgero

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2005, 12:31:00 PM »

anyone?

MasterGHP

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

Had the same error.  It magically worked all of a sudden as I was on the phone with tech support JUST BEFORE they came on the line.  Somehow, the update seemed to uninstall iteslf. At least, it took the maps out, but the update was still there (so the disc said when I tried to install it, so I just said re-install b/c I didn't see the 1.1 at the bottom of the screen).

What does all this mean for you?  It means I figured out what I'd done that made it magically work.  This is for all who need it.  It worked for me.  I hope it works for all of you.  Please let me know if it does.

1) Delete the files in your E:\Cache and in your X:\ Y:\ and Z:\ if at all possible (you'll need FTP access to your box most likely, though there may be another way).  I don't know that this is REQUIRED, but I did it and it did all work when I was finished.

2)  Put your disc in the drive.

3)  Power down the Xbox and wait a second.

4)  Power up the Xbox (cold boot) with the disc already in the drive.  Before you even get to the dashboard, you should see the Bungie logo or whatnot come up and you can then install your map packs.

That is what worked for me.  Hope it helps you.  Let me know if it worked for you, k?