xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Ejection Without Team Kill?  (Read 426 times)

adam71o

• Archived User
Ejection Without Team Kill?
« on: October 04, 2005, 08:37:00 PM »

I was playing halo2 tonight, and I was ejected from 2 games tonight without team-killing, I mean without tk'ing ONCE.

How can you be ejected from a game without team-killing, is it possible?

Has anyone experienced this ---- I have never seen this before.

Thanks, in advance.

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »

It's called cheating. Network bridge/firewall....

Someone on the other team gets host, then boots out anyone they want from the game.

This post has been edited by Alex548: Oct 5 2005, 03:51 AM

adam71o

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »

OH ok, so the host (whoever it may be) has the ability to boot whoever they want?

FoxRacR17

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 01:59:00 AM »

No host booting is different.  When a guy has host and has his xbox bridged and uses his firewell you get lagged out of the game, meaning you go to blue screen and when you come back it says that everyone but you has quit the game.  What i think this guy means is that you get that nice little message out of nowhere saying "sorry but you have been booted from the game. Press B to continue"  That i have no idea how it happens.  Me and my friend were once kicked out like that in 3 games in a row.  We were both kicking ass on the same xbox, i mean slaughtering the other team, and then all of a sudden we get that messege saying we have been booted from the game.  And we did not betray nor even have a single bullet/grenade touch another team mate.  So i have no idea how that works  huh.gif

paul_phil

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2005, 03:37:00 AM »

Were you playing a custom game? The host can boot you from that but in matchmaking you can only be lagged out, not properly booted.

This post has been edited by paul_phil: Oct 5 2005, 10:38 AM

adam71o

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2005, 07:44:00 AM »

This was in matchmaking, and FoxRacr is correct, I DID get the "sorry, but you have been booted...." message.  Again, this was without TK'ing at all.

It happened 2 games in a row last night.

Breakdown05

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2005, 10:01:00 PM »

I watched my bro play a mm game on Containment and he got the same message and he was doing good and didn't betray.

orko007

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2005, 11:18:00 AM »

This has happened to me as well. seems to happen more when there is two of us on the same xbox. Always seems that once it happens one time it will happen a few games in a row.

mitch2025

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2005, 03:10:00 PM »

its a glitch that happens. it happened to me for like 10 straight games then some of my friends got on and i played with them and they told me that once someone killed them it would say i betray them and gave the boot option when it said CLEARLY at the top of the screen that they were killed by someone on the other team. it also pops up on my screen sometimes. idk why but i never boot someone unless they are intintualy betraying

awal

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2005, 06:05:00 PM »

It is just a stray grenade or shot. If it hurts them and then they die, you are blammed. You dont even have to know that your grenade hit them, so you would think that it was nothing.

Alex548

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »

There have been times when I'm just sitting in the base defending (not shooting, not chucking grenades), then I see a message stating I betrayed someone... damn glitches.

awal

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »

You sat in the base the whole time and didnt shoot or throw grenades?

d0wnlab

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2005, 01:30:00 PM »

yeah that's happened to me before, same thing.  I was on the other side of the level and it was a "betrayal".  I didn't get booted though, I think it did it to my partner on the same xbox as me.

The other day my partner got a double kill and I got the points and the "Double kill!" on my screen pane instead of him.  heh.

GLiTcH

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »

my friend said that happened to him.. he was kicking ass too... or so he says tongue.gif

00g

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2005, 03:19:00 AM »

I've had that happen too, but not in a while.

And no, it's not due to a betrayal.
Pages: [1] 2