xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Failing To Load All Maps  (Read 149 times)

31337 2.0

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« on: April 26, 2005, 10:31:00 AM »

I had never failed to load any maps before I downloaded the 2 new ones. Now if I play

one game on a new map and the party leader changes the map to any other one it says  

I failed to load it. I have restarted my xbox and the problem keeps coming back. If

anyone else had this problem or can help me please post.

Thanks.

clayj

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »

im getting that too sometimes.usually if the party im joining is in he middle of games works fine goes right to game

Kean

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2005, 02:09:00 PM »

i was playing team slayer in matchmaking last night and we kept getting a message that said we didn't have the map needed, but all of had all four maps????? don't know whats up with that.

wolf88

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2005, 02:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Kean @ Apr 26 2005, 08:15 PM)
i was playing team slayer in matchmaking last night and we kept getting a message that said we didn't have the map needed, but all of had all four maps????? don't know whats up with that.

Slikmastah

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2005, 02:41:00 PM »

yea, i've failed to load maps a couple times too. But it works fine now

Dolfhin

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2005, 02:48:00 PM »

NP here with the new maps, are you loading them from Hard Drive or from the DVD?

Nosf3ratu

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2005, 04:58:00 PM »

You can only load them off the hdd.

31337 2.0

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2005, 05:39:00 PM »

Yeah it works alright most of the time I guess it fails to load maps everytime someone puts it on turf or sanctuary.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »

that means someone doesnt have those maps... happens in every customs room with kids...

kristyle04

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2005, 12:38:00 PM »

Nahh I have this error too. Since the update, I have not been able to load any maps offline, online, nothing. It's pretty depressing. I called XBox live and they are aware of this and they said if it still continues to happen in 48 hours give em a call back. i hope my shit works. soon.

ive tried deleting the content and reloading it from xbox live.
no help. so im stuck and fucked like chuck with no halo 2... after i renewed my live subscript for 6 bucks and paid an additional 6 bucks for the maps. sux.

basso4735

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(I Want More CowBell @ Apr 27 2005, 12:44 PM)
there is always someone who has to be ignorant on you buddy list...i have quite a few huh.gif

br0w

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2005, 01:53:00 PM »

i would think that you should clear your cache in E and the Z,Y,and X partitions. that should work. if not, you may need a new drive. if your failing the stock maps, something is wrong with your drive, it happens to my thompson all the time, so you may need to get a new laser of a new drive entirely. if you failing the new content, their may be a couple of things wrong.

A. try clearing the CACHE

B. if you fail the maps on the drive, something has to be wrong how you got them. did you be a pirate and dl them off of bt? or did you get them from live directly? if you get them from live directly, there should be no problem.

C. i know this is a stupid question, i know it, but did you really download the ones that people are playing? if you dont have them, it will give a failed message.

Good luck, becuase the maps add so much more to the game, so i hope you get it to work.

gcskate27

• Archived User
Failing To Load All Maps
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 08:41:00 PM »

x,y, and z can be cleared completely... they are just temp files...