xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: What Are .gi Files?  (Read 49 times)

Omizzay

• Archived User
What Are .gi Files?
« on: December 10, 2002, 07:11:00 AM »

I've got a bunch of rar files, which i extracted.  But instead of the usual one .iso file I normally got, it gave me 3 .gi files.  XIxo won't recognize this file type.  Anyone know what to do to extract the content from .gi files?

majik655

• Archived User
What Are .gi Files?
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 07:14:00 AM »

goto isobuster.com  and use that to open the .GI file.

it will open any image file except for an xiso.

cykiller

• Archived User
What Are .gi Files?
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 07:25:00 AM »

.gi - global image

:evil:                                      

This post has been edited by cykiller: Dec 10 2002, 03:26 PM

Omizzay

• Archived User
What Are .gi Files?
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2002, 07:35:00 AM »

Okay I tried it with Isobuster, and it basically turns it into a .tao file.  Someone please help me out.  All I wanna do is get this puppy onto my harddisk.  

P.S.  Don't bash me coz i'm a noob ;)

Solidust

• Archived User
What Are .gi Files?
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2002, 10:52:00 AM »

Prassi Primo CD/DVD supports that format. :P                                      

This post has been edited by Solidust: Dec 10 2002, 06:52 PM

Omizzay

• Archived User
What Are .gi Files?
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2002, 07:12:00 AM »

It's not working with me for some reason.

What I don't understand is when i extracted the original file (1.92 GB), it gave me two files (one 2 GB and the other 1.02 GB)?

BenJeremy

• Archived User
What Are .gi Files?
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2002, 07:26:00 AM »

Egads. First off, this is definitely a NEWBIE question, and a FREQUENTLY asked one as well. Using the Search button, I guess, was too hard.

Secondly, even if you felt it wasn't a "newbie" question, it's STILL a DVD question, and there's yet another forum for it.

As for GI files, those are Global Images, used by Prassi PrimoDVD and Veritas RecordNow/RecordMax (which is just a newer version of Prassi's PrimoDVD). Sadly, ISOBuster cannot handle multi-part gi files, so if you have files with .gi(x) ISOBuster will NOT help you.

Likely you downloaded Space Ace or Dragon's Lair DVDs. These are DVD movies, not Xbox games (Though there *is* a Dragon's Lair game for the Xbox). You cannot "play" these from the hard drive, so if you do not have a DVD burner, FORGET it; you will be wasting your time.

Omizzay

• Archived User
What Are .gi Files?
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2002, 08:16:00 AM »

QUOTE (BenJeremy @ Dec 11 2002, 03:20 PM)
Egads. First off, this is definitely a NEWBIE question, and a FREQUENTLY asked one as well. Using the Search button, I guess, was too hard.

Secondly, even if you felt it wasn't a "newbie" question, it's STILL a DVD question, and there's yet another forum for it.

As for GI files, those are Global Images, used by Prassi PrimoDVD and Veritas RecordNow/RecordMax (which is just a newer version of Prassi's PrimoDVD). Sadly, ISOBuster cannot handle multi-part gi files, so if you have files with .gi(x) ISOBuster will NOT help you.

Likely you downloaded Space Ace or Dragon's Lair DVDs. These are DVD movies, not Xbox games (Though there *is* a Dragon's Lair game for the Xbox). You cannot "play" these from the hard drive, so if you do not have a DVD burner, FORGET it; you will be wasting your time.

First of all, it's not a dvd...If you must know the game is Fifa 2003 - which i can store on my hard disk.  Wouldn"t it just save you a lot of time and typing if you weren"t being such a prick about it and either answered the question directly or provided a link to a thread asking this same question?  Get off your high horse!

katolo

• Archived User
What Are .gi Files?
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2002, 11:51:00 AM »

@omizzay

Have u managed to extract the files. If yes, could u tell me how.

katolo

• Archived User
What Are .gi Files?
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2002, 11:57:00 AM »

I found this on isonews

"
rename the 2 big .gi files to file1.gi and file2.gi
go to DOS prompt, and in the dir with the files.
type:
copy /b file1.gi+file2.gi output.iso

Then open it with Xiso.

that's it, enjoy. Great game.
"
and found this also

"
gi is the format for Prassi PrimoDVD

1 - First open a dos box and type:
copy/b pdx-fifa2k3 (11).gi + pdx-fifa2k3 (12).gi final_file.gi
(no need of the file pdx-fifa2k3.gi)

2 - Extract the files of final_file.gi with XDFSExtract