xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: I'm Going To The Dark Side...  (Read 155 times)

stratjakt

• Archived User
I'm Going To The Dark Side...
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2002, 10:36:00 PM »

I have all 3.. I generalize my feelings on each like this..

They all do have a few games worth the console, but:

XBOX - most fun to hack.  Halo is a great game but, get over it.  It's been a year, and what else to show exclusive-wise?  Sneakers?  Blinx the time cat?  For stuff that hits all 3, the xbox port would be my first pick, but Halo as a selling point is getting tired.  It's a good FPS, even a great one, but a hella old one.  At this point, its like saying "Buy a PC because it has Quake!" I feel really let down by MS over the last year.  There's some good shit on the horizon (Panzer Dragoon, Halo 2, etc) but they seem to think they can just release anything and expect it to sell consoles.  I play xSNES more than anything else lately.

PS2 - most games, by far.. Many really good, many really crappy..  DMC is great, Smackdown is the best wrestling franchise on any console, tons of oldschooly goodness like Maximo, Contra, Rygar lately..  They have the developer mindshare in a big way.

Gamecube -  highest quality games.  I mean, nintendo just polishes the shit out of everything, and/or makes the 3rd party exclusives as polished.  They spend much longer on playtesting and QA than the others.  This has really always been a key to their success.  Mario Sunshine, StarFox, Metroid Prime, Smash Bros Melee, Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness (must have), Rogue Squadron, Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Kirby.. There's (practically) never any noticable quirks or glitches..  Even if you dont like the game, the quality of the game always shines through.  No clipping voices, no jerky animations, no half-rendred cutscenes, no glitch cheats..

All this is debatable, big deal.  I'm a gamer, not a fanboy.  I play games, not consoles.  

In the end, I really dont give 2 shits who made which plastic box.  Anyone who does always comes off as a bit of a whiny douchebag.

Ace25

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2002, 10:49:00 PM »

Good summary actually..

One question that is quite obvious to ask.. why are there 3 different consoles? I mean come on, all this money all 3 company's spent on development.. what couldn't they pool or split the cost of development for the hardware, so they either break even or make profit on the hardware, make it extremely hard to crack, and focus on great games.. as it is now, doesnt each console maker lose money per console and make it up with software? So why would you not wanna pool it to one console, that way, everyone wins, hardware is cheaper, every consumer gets choices to all the games so all developers get and equal chance to sell since it works on one console.. better chance of higher quality games, as we find out, ports are sometimes good, and often bad on two different systems... oh well.. I am sure the reason is $ in the end..

Mage

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2002, 11:29:00 PM »

smile.gif

Al_Ghazi

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2002, 01:09:00 AM »

Wow - amazing to see such strong feelings - who cares really?  if you like it... buy it.  

I would like to own all three consoles.     why not?

Gaz.

Hammy

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: December 10, 2002, 03:00:00 AM »

jester.gif

akarnid

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: December 10, 2002, 03:21:00 AM »

QUOTE (Azadar @ Dec 9 2002, 09:41 PM)
Dont worry bro, I own an XBOX and a Gamecube there are so many haters out there bashing the system. I actually think the GC has some better games FOR ME (FOR ME!!!!) than the xbox does, I love the BOX and Cube and now Im going out tonight to get an Game Boy Advance- Since I can now get a Flash Backup for it!!! Love them both and dont worry about the haters. Till someone pays my bills I listen to no-one.

Azadar
-----------
If the Pimp says it it must be good.

Aaaah the voices of dissent come from those who do not have the money to spend on another console.  And if they do - why the fuck should it be their problem what other people do with their spare money and their spare time.  I ain't got a GameCube yet, but I'll be getting one just for Zelda.  THose games will always be an excuse for me to get a Nintendo console.  At least that's how it has been for the last 15 years....

cykiller

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2002, 07:09:00 AM »

QUOTE (N00bvin @ Dec 9 2002, 08:25 PM)
.... the Mark of Kri are also GREAT games.  

i thought i was the only person who bought this game!! lol
everyone got thrown off by thinking it would be for kids being as though it was made by disney, boy only if they knew!! this game was fucking awesome, but wasn't as long as i expected!! wink.gif

muhaha.gif

Cornholio

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2002, 08:37:00 AM »

wink.gif

As for PS2, that's one of the only consoles that I do not own. I've bought everything that I could get my hands on since the NES days - but nothing on the PS2 has ever grabbed my attention enough to warrant me buying one. The only thing that actually tempted me was "Parappa the Rapper 2"! (yea, I know it's sad, but I couldn't get enough of the PSX games for some reason...)

Well, I guess I'll pick one up eventually when I can get one real cheap, Gackt's list has me intrigued now. But for some reason Devil May Cry just annoyed me and did not appeal at all. Ah well.

flagg

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2002, 09:34:00 AM »

I cant help but hold a little place in my heart for Nintendo.  They were the reason I started playing video games in the first place.  I can remeber playing the shit out of Mario Bros, and thinking it was coolest thing I had ever seen, (only played a little commodore before the nes) At $100, and games like Metroid Prime, Starfox and Zelda,  it may be worth the money.  Plus my girlfriend has been wanting a system with games she can play, and I defiantely think gamecube has more "cutesy" type of games.
Pages: 1 2 [3]