xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Seniors Against Newbies!  (Read 72 times)

AdmStng

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« on: December 08, 2002, 04:30:00 PM »

ok ok. i am a n00b. and i do understand why every one gets mad about noobies asking stupid Q's.. they are lazy and want a free ride. but what pisses me off is that i do a search on somthing that i'm trying to figure out and all i get is newbie bashing.. how bout more info and less bashing. heres a topic i haven't heard yet (maby cause i'm a newbie.. go ahead guys rag on me) where's the talk of a faster processor upgrade? could that be done thruogh the bios?

Dark Schneider

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 04:33:00 PM »

No it can't you N00b. Post in the N00b section with the rest of the biatches. Damn n00bs... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Edit: note the smiley faces...look at the goddamn smiley faces....SEE THE SMILEY FACES! BE ONE WITH THE...ahem...sorry. Did you notice the smiley faces?                                    

This post has been edited by Dark Schneider: Dec 9 2002, 05:38 PM

NeoKast

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 04:48:00 PM »

Don't cry little one, it'll be ok.

NK  :rolleyes:

AdmStng

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2002, 05:12:00 PM »

some of you guys are taking this xbox thing a little too far.. is it becasue you were ragged on cause you were once a newbie?? if "some" of you guys have such a problem with newbies than don't reply to NEWBIE Q's !? and hey.. Dark Schneider (ragged on newbie) if you have somthing intelligent to say than say it. oh wait.. you don't cause your a retart w/ a fried x-box that points newbies in the direction other people pointed him..

Fleh

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2002, 05:22:00 PM »

Mmm... retart.... cinnamon apple

cykiller

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2002, 05:27:00 PM »

i would read alittle before posting as a noob, as some of u do!! i think its the smartest way to go, read about all the info u can, register and boom u know basic info, infact u can even help other noobs. I would say Cy is a rather kool heirachial member, wouldn't u ArmStng, lol.

:evil:                                      

This post has been edited by cykiller: Dec 9 2002, 01:27 AM

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2002, 05:34:00 PM »

whoa i agree all newbs arent great and all arent bad but schneider that was really uncalled for.

AdmStng

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2002, 05:42:00 PM »

thank you fuzzy.. Dark Schneider is just trying to get over the couple of mother boards he fried trying to get "matrix!" to work. Dark Schneider, Got any intelligent to say. or ya just gunna tell me to go somwhere else?

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2002, 05:47:00 PM »

hey adm dont go pissin schneider off either

Troll123

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2002, 05:50:00 PM »

LOL

How to ID a newbie.

1) They are using a Xodus/Matrix
2) They assume others are too
3) They get kicked from xbins

deltop

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2002, 06:17:00 PM »

Nobody is taking the xbox thing too far.

The problem people have with noobs asking silly questions isn't actually because the question is silly but because the answers are more often than not available either on this forum, on the tutorial page or can be easily found on another site.

Many people subscribe to lots of forums which are overflowing with questions from newbies which can easily be answered just by hitting the search button.

Many people put alot of time and effort into helping people out simply because they undertstand what it was like to be a newbie and want to help.

However it's easy to get sick and tired when you keep coming back to a forum simply to see the same questions being asked over and over again.

Consequently you'll see people getting annoyed and telling newbies to just use the search button.

I was once a newbie on all kinds of subjects but I never once , and I'll say that again, I NEVER once asked a question on a forum or newsgroup about ANYTHING.

If you can come up with a question you can almost guarantee that someone else has already asked it and got an answer.

It's much easier to search on google, google groups or the relevant forums than it is wasting your time waiting for someone to come up with an answer.

If you have looked and spent a little time researching your problem the SAY SO in your post.
People WILL appreciate the fact you've tried to find the answer and will be more willing to help.

All we are asking is that people put a little effort into finding the solution to their problem before asking a question which may have been asked may times before.

That's not really so much to ask is it?

cykiller

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2002, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE (deltop @ Dec 8 2002, 09:11 PM)
If you have looked and spent a little time researching your problem the SAY SO in your post.
People WILL appreciate the fact you've tried to find the answer and will be more willing to help.

All we are asking is that people put a little effort into finding the solution to their problem before asking a question which may have been asked may times before.

That's not really so much to ask is it?

couldn't have said anyway better than that!! :D BIG props to the newbie of the week!! deltop

socrates

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2002, 06:36:00 PM »

Wow man, first the canada\americ thread then the blow up the middle east thread and now this, geez,

AdmStng

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2002, 06:46:00 PM »

yes you do have a VERY good point.. and i did jump into this xbox thing i little quick (2 days ago)  to go jumping around accusing people. but i still stand by that some.. SOME people take it to far. and there are annoyed members like your self that have been asked the same question over and over.  again i'm new.. but since my time here i haven't seen the same newbie ask the same stupid Q twice. such as my self. i skipped over some posts and asked a question abour installing a faster processor.. then i get insulted because this question has been covered ( not answered) .. this seems to be all over this forum. all in all, if someone is new and asks a Q you hae heard a thousand times already either ignore them or pointthemin the right direction.. if you don't want to watch jerry springer change the channel. you don't own the network station.

cykiller

• Archived User
Seniors Against Newbies!
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2002, 06:47:00 PM »

but this thread is actually good!! ;)  the others are kinda stupid, flaming others countries, saying there glad :( that the US got bombed and fuck the US, etc.!! it's all b$, this thread serves as a lesson to some noobs that read!!