xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Matrix Or Openxbox Pc Bioxx  (Read 54 times)

d_s_man

• Archived User
Matrix Or Openxbox Pc Bioxx
« on: December 08, 2002, 09:49:00 AM »

I have a OpenXbox PC BioXX and I love it.
A few of my friends want to join in one the action and I was looking around to see if there was anything new that I should consider.
Basically what makes the Matrix chip better other than no soldering? And is it just as easy to flash the Matrix as it is on the OpenXbox PC BioXX?
Thanks for any info.
;)

knowledgeiv

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 09:55:00 AM »

I don't know much on the PC BioXX chip, but I think the only real advantage of the Matrix is no-solder.  Also, the Matrix is the only LPC mod that lets you flash the Xbox TSOP.  You may want to check out my Matrix guide to learn a little more about the chip.

Ace25

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 11:38:00 AM »

I have installed a few Matrix chips for people, but personally have a PC-Bioxx.. I have no reason to change it out right now.. it does everything the matrix can do, and load 1 meg bios IF that is ever needed in the future.. The matrix has a couple +'s to it, but I do not think the no solder is one of them, they do come out of alignment sometimes, not often, but they do. The one thing I do like is you can flash the Matrix via Evox. That is a little nicer than moving my laptop to the XBox to flash it via parallel.. Still.. there are just a few little differences, but if you have a PC-Bioxx already, keep it, if you have a matrix, keep it.. doesnt really matter at this point.. No need to switch one out with the other. Even with X2, still no need to replace either of the 2 for that one either.. yet. Who knows what the future holds..

Personal note.. I don't think flashing the onboard TSOP is a good idea EVER.. I think it is very foolish to be messing with it.. especially when you have a chip that you can mess with all you want.. the mod chip.. it is just a bios replacement anyway.. unless you are really that cheap that you buy 1 modchip for 100 xboxes.                                    

This post has been edited by Ace25: Dec 8 2002, 07:39 PM