xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Gta San  (Read 458 times)

melongstrike

• Archived User
Gta San
« on: June 05, 2005, 02:43:00 PM »

Just 3 days till the new release of the xbox version of San andreas...

I for one am really excited

1. I love the game
2. I was going to cancel my live subscription (only halo 2 was being played out of ALL my live compatible games)... but found a few peeps who actually play more than just halo2 on live ...So i am keeping it... back on track

I know there will be major graphical improvements ... and I have heard talk about other features the xbox will have that the ps2 didn't ie custom sound trax like in other installments of gta...

I purposely 1. trashed my ps2 and 2. didn't buy, play, or look at the ps2 version... paitently waited for the xbox release to drop

I prepayed for gta san already and I just love the franchise, but it seems like everyone else is burnt out about it and not so impressed anymore... has a game so filled with openness and free play with huge cities to roam lost its flair?

Are we bored and are now waiting for them to step it up to the next level?

what are your thoughts?

yaazz

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2005, 03:21:00 PM »

My thoughts are what does #2 have to do with anything

no poop jokes

82ross

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2005, 04:03:00 PM »

Im sick of waiting already smile.gif

I havent played any of it on the ps2 i didnt bother either so no loss of flair for me.

melongstrike

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »

I find that I have more fun with gta than any other game... I purchased live to have fun but noone ever seems to play the games I like and Halo 2 was the only thing getting action ( and there were so many peeps cheating and playing lame it didn't make it fun so I was going to cancel live (since I wasn't getting my $$ worth) and gta would keep my attention and supply fun for a very long time... at least till the next batch of next gen consoles hit the market

dizturbd

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2005, 04:41:00 PM »

You will truely be impressed by the sheer size of this game.  I bought the PS2 version and can't wait for both the PC & Xbox versions.  There are tons of things to do in this game and people are still coming up with new ideas to keep the gameplay fresh.  It's an amazing game and should definitely tide you over until they step it up.  I hope GTA 4 on xbox360 won't have the 5 year waiting period for the PS3 port.  And yes, the next will be GTA 4 as Vice City and San Andreas are built on the GTA 3 engine.

melongstrike

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2005, 04:45:00 PM »

And yes, the next will be GTA 4 as Vice City and San Andreas are built on the GTA 3 engine.

thanks for teh heads up ^^

not to thrilled with that though...I am sure I will like the game just the same though

gcskate27

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2005, 04:47:00 PM »

im getting a little tired of 'free roaming' games... to some degree it seems as though people are getting lazier in story telling so they give you the option to 'do anything' when they actually mean wander around and do 3-4 different activites...

CamdogXIII

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »

it seems that they give you to much to do at once, it's overwhelming.

mikelish

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »

all the EB Games and Gamestops in my area said they can't sell it till 5pm today.

deftonesmx17

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2005, 12:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(gcskate27 @ Jun 5 2005, 06:58 PM)
im getting a little tired of 'free roaming' games... to some degree it seems as though people are getting lazier in story telling so they give you the option to 'do anything' when they actually mean wander around and do 3-4 different activites...

Joergen

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2005, 12:22:00 PM »

Man I'm so anxious for this game, and almost if not more anxious to get BF2 for the PC. There's gonna be some sleepless nights this month  beerchug.gif

notsodiseased

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »

Just wanted to add that I recently took a 2-3week break from H2. I bought a ps2 off a friend of mine for 20$, fixed it and bought GTA SA.

1 word  BamFuckingMazing. personal airfield with spawning militay equipment and civilian flight gear and a fucking jetpack. 100 tags to find, 50 horseshoes,50 clams, 50 cnapshots to find. Losing 5 million$ in 3 rounds of blackjack and then breaking the house by winning 9 hands in a row. Taking over rival gang hoods.

my only complaint is that it takes wayyyyy to long to change clothes and the tattos/hair cuts and clothes dont really get better

Monster truck owns

A_Guy

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2005, 01:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(deftonesmx17 @ Jun 6 2005, 02:19 PM)
ummm, GTA SA has the most complete story of any of the GTA games, maybe you have lost connection with the story or are one of those people that just roam the city killing people.

heinrich

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2005, 02:06:00 PM »

Lets keep this thread clear of "pro piracy" posts please.
*cough* mksoftware *cough*

Silentscream__

• Archived User
Gta San
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »

sad.gif  Exams..