xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Collecting Money From Your Turf  (Read 240 times)

kenji urban

• Archived User
Collecting Money From Your Turf
« on: June 14, 2005, 05:23:00 PM »

Hey people...

My question is about the "$" outside CJ's moms house. Whenever you take over turf, and the section turns green on the map, does a "$" appear somewhere in the new green section for me to collect? Or does the amount just increase at the one "$" outside CJ's moms house each time you gain more ground...

i.e. if there is just one "$", and i own 30% of gangland, after 2 days the "$" will have $1000.
then later if i own 70% of gangland, after 2 days the "$" will be significantly more?

I REALLY REALLY need to know as there are a bunch of green zones that, if there is a "$" on each of them, i have alot of money waiting for me that i can collect...

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 05:33:00 PM »

I’ve cleared out the purple and yellow areas, and bought all the available property in Los Santos.  The only place to collect there is at the Johnson’s house.  And, yes, you get more cash the more territory you control.

kenji urban

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »

smile.gif

thanks Kenji.

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 05:54:00 PM »

beerchug.gif

kenji urban

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 07:58:00 PM »

smile.gif)
you've really helped me out, becuase i've spent alot of time searching for those damn $ signs smile.gif

Another question; how often do your "hoods" come under attack? (is there a set time counting down for each green zone)

and is there anything i can do while driving around to suspend or delay hood attacks?

I've been on a date and my hood got attacked, and i forgot my girl was in the car, i let it get shot up, bailed out only to remember as the car exploded "oh yeah, my girlfriend was in that car"

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 09:35:00 PM »

I don't know about the exact timing.  It seems that they get attacked once a day or so, hard to tell with the six hours that pass when you save.

I haven't found anything that prevents it, but once you take over enought hoods, you end up with about 1000 AK-47 rounds and full body armor at most anytime, and that's got the range to take care of any attacks (atacks on you are always half assed, no third wave of assault rifles like when you start a war, etc.).

kenji urban

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2005, 04:39:00 PM »

hey Xombe, thanks again!

You know i went home last night, and went on a turf war rampage. Went from having somthing like 12% to having 76%.
I've realised pretty quickly that you can almost cheat to win the turf wars... well not cheat, but exploit the way the scripting happens when the enemies appear (pink dots on map)
If you've got a high enough rating with the MP5 and Ak47, then you can walk while aiming and shooting with the MP5 and can lock-on at further distances with the AK47, usually before the computer will lock onto you... meaning i can win turf wars without the enemy even getting a shot off. Not to mention being able to spread them out by running in one direction, or running around the block, and splitting them up so you don't get a flood in the third wave. I've found a good way is to find an alley, or if possible, start a war on a bridge, that way there are only 2 points to defend, infront and behind...

After conquering all that turf, i've ended up with $26000 from almost 0, maximum skill for the Shotgun with 200 rounds (War initiator) MP5 about 3000 rounds (First Wave) and AK47 about 4500 rounds (Second and third waves), not to mention a huge Respect increase. i can now roll 6 homies deep. Only problem is i can't find a bus to take them all around with...

Xombe

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2005, 05:18:00 PM »

Get that respect maxed out and use a 8 man crew.  True, transportaion sucks, but if you need to invade a final turf area, just recruit form a neighboring friendly hood and go in on foot.

If you can't find a group of three walking around, stop a car that has gang members in it and gack some.  Others often show up, and that'll fill the reqs for starting a turf war (although once the Ak-47's come out, you're crew will drop like flies.  But they still provide cannon folder to protect you while you lay the enemies out.