xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: San Andreas Controls  (Read 438 times)

spartan024

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 10:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(adfinder23 @ Jun 15 2005, 06:50 PM)
Damn it! I'm writing my congressmen. This shit just cannot stand.

Actually, I haven't gotten the game yet, so I'm hoping you guys will go to Rockstar and make them smell your nutsacks until they reprogram the controls. This way the version I get will be better. In fact, make them allow the user to choose each button's function, rather than that Option A, Option B, crap. And, don't forget the camera fix too. So stop washing your bits, and get to it.

Well, I've decided to give up on  the Xbox version of this game. I just can't get used to those craptacular controls.... So, fuck it, I'm gonna get the PC version. At least a PC controller can be configured the way I like it...

And, yes, I will be producing copious amounts of fromunda cheese for Rockstar to sniff off my ballsack. They really fucked up this time...

Master X

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »

The controls in San Andreas sucks but it takes time to get used to them. Once you get used to the controls it will be no problem, I only have one problem with the controls and it is for doing a drive by. You have to press the black, white and the b button to shoot to shoot on either the left side or the right side. The controlls in Vice City were much better, but if you are going to complain about them the only thing you should be complaining about is the controlls for doing drive by's.

spartan024

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 12:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(Master X @ Jun 16 2005, 07:55 AM)
The controls in San Andreas sucks but it takes time to get used to them. Once you get used to the controls it will be no problem, I only have one problem with the controls and it is for doing a drive by. You have to press the black, white and the b button to shoot to shoot on either the left side or the right side. The controlls in Vice City were much better, but if you are going to complain about them the only thing you should be complaining about is the controlls for doing drive by's.

It's not just the drive by controls that mess me up. I have never been able to get used to using the triggers to accelerate and brake in a driving game, including the GTA series. I know it's kind of a stupid thing to bitch about, but c'mon, would it have been that much trouble for Rockstar to write in a few extra lines of code to allow re mapping of the buttons? After all, the PS2 version has been out since, what, like February, or somewhere in there? They sure as hell didn't take all that time just to clean it up for the Box, cuz it doesn't look much better than the PS2 version (IMHO)..... Not only that, but I think I remember hearing somewhere that the controls on the PS2 San Andreas could be changed to classic. Hmmmmmm... :ph34r:

cyfi

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 11:04:00 PM »

i think out best bet at this point is to make custom black and wite buttons in the space on the top next to the controller ports. i have a 3rd party controller that has those and helps much

spartan024

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(cyfi @ Jun 17 2005, 07:15 AM)
i think out best bet at this point is to make custom black and wite buttons in the space on the top next to the controller ports. i have a 3rd party controller that has those and helps much

Either that, or get one of those adapters that allow you to use a PS2 controller with the Xbox. It still doesn't change the fact that you gotta use trigger buttons for gas and brake, tho...

This post has been edited by spartan024: Jun 17 2005, 11:22 PM

Master X

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2005, 11:43:00 PM »

You just have to get use to the controls, I hated them like you when I started playing San Andreas. It takes about a week to get used to the controls.

Cyfun

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 12:32:00 PM »

Yeah, why the hell didn't they give the watercannon to the right thumbstick?!

ahoatam

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2005, 02:17:00 PM »

I went into the case modding forums and found the "add extra buttons" tutorial.  I picked up a couple pushbuttons from radio shack, and added a second white button near my left trigger and a second black button near my right trigger.  It's make a huge difference in controlling planes and doing drivebys.
Pages: 1 [2]