xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: San Andreas Controls  (Read 441 times)

spartan024

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« on: June 14, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »

I dunno if anyone else abhors the controls in GTA San Andreas as much as I do, so is there any way to re map the buttons more to my liking? I looked all over the place in the game menus to accomplish this, but could find nothing. I hate using the triggers for gas and brake to drive, and I would really like to have the controls configured like they were in Vice City. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanx.   :beer:

EDIT:sp

This post has been edited by spartan024: Jun 14 2005, 04:04 PM

Shudder

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2005, 09:09:00 AM »

Triggers are like they were in vice city.. What, you use classic controls you savage? smile.gif

It would be nice to change them though, make AT LEAST look behind in the car the right stick press or something.

spartan024

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2005, 09:35:00 AM »

I love the classic controls... There is nothing more difficult than using the right trigger to accelerate, black or white to look out the side window, and B to shoot. I dunno what Rockstar was thinking, because I'm pretty sure that the majority of the people that play this game aren't contortionists. At least I know I'm not anyways... tongue.gif

rilhouse

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2005, 06:28:00 PM »

i agree, it's almost impossible do to a drive by with these god awful controls. and whats with the white+black to look backwards in a car. how the hell did this get buy QA?

Sefuwl

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2005, 07:05:00 PM »

Yep I agree, the SA controls suck! I've gotten use to it but I much prefer the VC controls, that was one of the main reasons I liked the xbox version of the PS2 version.
Is it possible to hack it to be the "classic" controls?

The only new controls are the interactive control which can be added under the joystick

iwannadie

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2005, 07:43:00 PM »

i cant stand the B+W to look back, i thought it wouldnt be a big deal untill i started playing my god its annoying. i have big hands but its just stupid to press two buttons like that. it should had been pressing one of the sticks. but no they reserve that prime stick button function for *gasp* the horn. i still think they did it on purpose cause sony paid them off to help keep sales higher on the ps2 to claim the ps2 version was superior. no sense could have been used in making up those controller settings.

Xombe

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2005, 07:48:00 PM »

I agree it’s pretty poor compared to the PS2 setup we’re used to, and that they didn’t allow for remapping this time.  I’ve gotten used to it (grudgingly, like others), although some people swear by using a PS2 controller and an adapter.

iwannadie

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »

on an added note. rock star is actually looking for new QA people. i wonder if they lost any due to this issue, that would be kinda funny.

Sefuwl

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2005, 08:44:00 PM »

Why cant we have the right joystick for incar views and shoot?!?!?!?! So much better in VC!  sad.gif

iwannadie

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2005, 11:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Sefuwl @ Jun 14 2005, 08:55 PM)
Why cant we have the right joystick for incar views and shoot?!?!?!?! So much better in VC!  :(

because rockstar is stupid. why on foot cant we have Normal 3rd person controlls?? left stick move right stick look/aim. why the hell does the right stick control the camera view. its like when 3d game first came out and noone knew how to make the controls work we had games like that. seriously why hasnt anyone else complained about that issue as well? the camera is horrible it should either stay behind you be total free roaming. i cant stand being stuck looking at the camera trying to move and the camera cant figure out it should be behind me not in front of me. so im stuck trying to move the camera while moving my guy but as soon as you move the guy the camera fights against your inputs. its just driving me insane the more i play it the more i hate this dam game.

imagine playing the new UT with those controlls how stupid the game would be. either give proper 3rd person control or let us go 1st person. i cant stand having to actually target people with the gay auto target thing. i want to target someone 2 feet in front of me thats currently shooting me, but no it auto targets a girl running away from me 100 feet away.

Sefuwl

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2005, 06:57:00 AM »

Yeah I'm with you...
But I think they should of just kept the same controls as vice city, its a real bitch to drive and shoot, especially at the left side.

You can change targets by using the black and white buttons tongue.gif

adfinder23

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »

Damn it! I'm writing my congressmen. This shit just cannot stand.

Actually, I haven't gotten the game yet, so I'm hoping you guys will go to Rockstar and make them smell your nutsacks until they reprogram the controls. This way the version I get will be better. In fact, make them allow the user to choose each button's function, rather than that Option A, Option B, crap. And, don't forget the camera fix too. So stop washing your bits, and get to it.

Shudder

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2005, 02:02:00 PM »

You guys know that for drivebys you can use white + A to shoot, right?  It's a TON easier.  Well, it's at least consistent with bl + B.  Id on't have any problems anymore with drivebys.

Looking behind.. well, that's a different story.

DjO

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2005, 03:58:00 PM »

it's not really that bad once you get used to it.  
If I'm doing a drive by I'll use my middle finger on the right trigger and then my pointer finger to fire and my thumb for either the black or white button.

If I'm just driving I just turn my thumb sideways to press the black and white button at once.

Sefuwl

• Archived User
San Andreas Controls
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2005, 05:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(Shudder @ Jun 16 2005, 08:13 AM)
You guys know that for drivebys you can use white + A to shoot, right?  It's a TON easier.  Well, it's at least consistent with bl + B.  Id on't have any problems anymore with drivebys.

Looking behind.. well, that's a different story.

Yeah i've gotten use to it but still prefer the old controls. I found doing a right hand drive by is not a issue but a left hand drive by is a little bit trickier. Also its just about impossible to do drive bys when on your BMX as A is bunny hop so you are forced to use B.
Fireengine missions are pretty hard with the new controls, the button A is shoot and you use the right thumbstick to aim. So you have both hands on the right hand side of the control. If I remember correctly on VC, you use the right thumbstick to aim and the thumbstick button to shoot
Pages: [1] 2