xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: No 100% Completion When Using Cheats For Gta S.a.  (Read 231 times)

boundless

• Archived User
No 100% Completion When Using Cheats For Gta S.a.
« on: June 13, 2005, 05:12:00 AM »

I remember reading awhile ago about a guy that was at 99% completion for GTA S.A. for ps2.

He was wondering why he couldn't get 100%

The reason turned out to be because the guy activated a cheat one time in the game.

If this is true for ps2 than it would apply to the box as well you think?

I don't plan on using any cheats anyways.

Just trying to confirm this rumor...

lizard

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2005, 06:05:00 AM »

I was true withe GTA:Vice city, i dont't know how about GTA:SA though. But if you dont't save after you have activated a cheat there isnt'a anything that could happen to you i guess.

themadman123

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2005, 08:45:00 PM »

Yup, as long as you don't save after using cheats you'll be ok, but I just think cheating is just plain wrong anyways.

gcskate27

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 08:50:00 PM »

to get 100% completion in a gta game you have to cheat in some way, otherwise youd be wasting a fucking huge portion of your life looking for packages, clams, whatever...

leetsaucer

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 09:41:00 PM »

yeah thats true.....i never really try to beat the game tho i just go around shootin people in my opinon its more fun

boundless

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 10:12:00 PM »

Thanks,

Good Info...  I am gonna complete the game without cheating.  100% is the goal. The game is worth it.  I think so anyways.  

I know I am running though the story missions at   a fast rate.  It won't be long...

themadman123

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 10:40:00 PM »

Until you have to find all those damn clams/hoseshoes/tags/whatever the hell you have to get.

DarqueWing

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2005, 10:13:00 AM »

I dunno about San Andreas yet, but I have a 100% complete save file for Vice City that I did with cheats, and same goes for GTA3.  (GTA3 on both PS2 and XBox, VC on XBox)  You just had to be careful WHICH cheats you used.  In Vice City, for example, I used the health, armor, weapons, and arrest-rating codes more times than you can shake a chainsaw at.  I also activated several codes for spawned vehicles, including tanks, hearses, racecars, etc. as well as costume cheats.  I did, however, stay away from any cheat that changed game mechanics or universal effects - like angry pedestrians or vehicles driving on water.  Jeez, I even saved a black PCJ from the "all-black vehicles code" in my garage and then rebooted - the cheat turned off, and I kept the slick black sportbike.  And when I got to the end of the game, I saw 99% - I thought the old myth was true.

But when I compared a 100% complete checklist with my stats screen, I found one minor difference: the shooting-gallery mission.  That one forgettable mission was all I needed at that point - and now I have the 100% save file to prove that the myth is busted.

Each of my friends that said they had activated cheats and therefore couldn't get 99% on Vice City (both PS2 and XBox) all complained.  But, one by one, I helped each one go through the checklist - and each time, it turned out to be a missing hidden package, side mission, rampage, or unique jump, and most often, it was that Shooting Gallery mission at the guns and ammo store on the second island.

The only major difference I ever saw with my cheated file was my mobster rating - instead of having a Capo or Don rating, I'd end up with Lunkhead or whatever it was and a negative criminal rating.  That's okay - a few Brown Thunder missions always managed to get that rating back up, though.

I understand that San Andreas has a few ways to lock out cheaters, though - makes me wonder why Rockstar bothered to keep them in.  I don't know whether it means never achieving 100% or not, though - but if it's anything like Vice City and GTA3, then you'd be better off checking your stat screen, line by line, and comparing it to a 100% checklist than simply assuming it's your health codes that did it.

-Darquewing

Ozy

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 04:02:00 PM »

Cheating affect me, I can't get past one of smoke's missions the one where you kill freddy with OG LOC, once freddy is dead OG LOC doesn't do anything and the next event isn't triggered.

I've been at it for 4 hours now and it is starting to piss me off.

_GhOsT_

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2005, 09:05:00 PM »

i beat the ps2 gta sa 100% and cheated tons of times (i think like 950) but eh once i beat it i stopped playin it and waited for the xbox release (fuck you hillary clinton) im now 76% with the xbox and have cheated 680 times ill post again once i beat it 100%

Johnny Vodka

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 09:29:00 PM »

I don't have the email anymore, but around christmas, I got this on the ps2 and it locked up at the car export dock everytime I got near it. I sent Take Two an email through the GTA website telling them about the freezing and how I'd like to be able to do it to get 100% or whatever, and they sent me a generic email. It said something like San Andreas was programmed to not allow 100% completion if you use a cheat.

I got pissed off and replied that cheats had nothing to do with what the fuck I asked about, but they never replied.

I don't know if this was just a stupid tech guy that said told me, but they usually have company lines to say. I wish I still had the email though.